34 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Every year, I get the fever to purchase a new car. I usually beat it and my wife told me she would divorce me if I came home with a new car again without her consent.

Currently in a Audi A4 Quattro. Good car, but it's dirty and I don't want to wash it. ALso have a 4-runner which is lame but I'll keep that car for a while cause I like it. Looking for a new car......what you guys think?

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

wow 1 car a year? you good ol dentist you! who i want to be one day! anyways...

i like suv's myself, i own an explorer, and i never have problems with it like you always hear about. how much you want to spend? then we can throw some models at ya

#3 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

I suggest a Dodge Charger, thats what I would get

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

just throwing it out there but they are f*cking sweet looking (my pic would be the GTO)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 anadate

anadate

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

just throwing it out there but they are f*cking sweet looking (my pic would be the GTO)

Posted Image
Posted Image

these pics made me drool literaly!

go retro find you a baracuda!

#6 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

don't get a f*cking suv... seriously man get fuel efficient something, get something that you'll want to keep through next year... no suggestions at the moment...

#7 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

More expensive:
BMW 3 and 5 series. Lexus IS300 (love this one... main competitor of BMW 3 series.. at least used to be - its sales have dropped dramatically; however; that doesnt mean i dont like it - even though, in the long run, and IF to get into little details, BMW is superior), IS330. Acura RSX... or any acura actually, besides TL... they are just too f*cking fat.

20k:
Jetta GLI, or Goft GTI... R32.

Lately, Ive actually become a fan of Honda Accord.

And, dude... tell me youre not getting an automatic...

#8 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:40 AM

No offence to anyone... but... why are you asking people who can't afford a new car on what their opinions are in buying a new car..?

It all comes down to:

1. Your budget
2. Your personal taste
3. Your needs

#9 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:13 AM

No offence to anyone... but... why are you asking people who can't afford a new car on what their opinions are in buying a new car..?
It all comes down to:

1. Your budget
2. Your personal taste
3. Your needs

i might actually try to work something out with the solstice in the next year or so, but i would rather have the gto but is like double the solstice.

#10 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

No offense taken. Was just wonderding what cars you would get if you were in the market. For the most part, SUV's rattle like a bucket of bolts after 2 years(ford, chevy, mopar) Wish they had more quality for your money SUV's like the 2002 4-runner. I'm on 100K miles and have done nothing to it. On the other hand, this f*cking Audi I have now is a maintenance nightmare. Had to put New tires on the thing after 16K miles, new glovebox, and a host of other crap.

Might look at Acura and their models. The TL is a ugly POS, but they have improved the look over the last 2 years. Who knows......cars are generally a big waste of money on the investment side of things.

What got me started on this topic was an add for the Jeep Cherokee STR8. Has a 6L V-8 and looks good. Just afraid once I get it, a I'll see a bunch of nigs driving it.

#11 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

No offense taken. Was just wonderding what cars you would get if you were in the market. For the most part, SUV's rattle like a bucket of bolts after 2 years(ford, chevy, mopar) Wish they had more quality for your money SUV's like the 2002 4-runner. I'm on 100K miles and have done nothing to it. On the other hand, this f*cking Audi I have now is a maintenance nightmare. Had to put New tires on the thing after 16K miles, new glovebox, and a host of other crap.

Might look at Acura and their models. The TL is a ugly POS, but they have improved the look over the last 2 years. Who knows......cars are generally a big waste of money on the investment side of things.

What got me started on this topic was an add for the Jeep Cherokee STR8. Has a 6L V-8 and looks good. Just afraid once I get it, a I'll see a bunch of nigs driving it.

and you will.....you are in greenville right? you know where the motor mile is?...go down there and take the wife and come up with something you both are willing to live with.....or cruise over to sparkle city and look over by westgate mall......they have a kick ass toyota dealership there....and stop by the "beacon" for me and pick up a chili cheese and a sweet tea...man that place brings back memories.....by the way my sister just got a new bmw 5 series and she loves it so just look around for what you can afford :tup:

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

If you feel like something sporty like the Quattro you might wanna look into some Subaru models and the Toyota Supra. Then again, the 06 Mustang is pretty sexy too. It's all about your personal preference to looks. Once you find something you like you can post it here and I'm sure the BoSS gearheads will help you further :grin:
And as Aziz; I hope you are not getting an automatic.

#13 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

well i also like bmw, my bro is getting a 325i or some sh*t. but if i had the money i would go with M3.

Posted Image

it really depends on what you need, its not exactly a grocery getter

#14 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

gaara needs to draw const a car haha

#15 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

the acura TL is an ugly POS? excuse yourself, but that car is tight. wud be even tighter if it had rwd. the acura RL is really sick too. and from a personal prospective, i bought a used car from this chick who was gettina new jeep v-8, and she hates it. its a nightmare on problems so i wouldnt suggest gettin that. but anyways, yeah dude just getta beamer or somthin tight like that, all maintenance is paid for up to 50,000 miles on brakes and all that kinda sh*t. gl lookin, let us know what you decide.

#16 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

I'd say the Dodge Charger. But get the Daytona Edition. One came through our car wash. Ohhh man, such a sweet ride.

#17 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! My wife likes the Honda Pilot........BOOOOOMMMMM .....ends life. I will not get rid of my Audi for that sh*t.

#18 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image

#19 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

^^ yeah thats what happens when yuor car gets haxored by a civics project... :33:

#20 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

that's a nice little fixer-upper Derek :P ...but I might actually consider it over a Honda Pilot :wtf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users