5 replies to this topic

#1 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

after setting everything up, i was wondering if you guys had some tips for getting the most out of your system. first thing im prolly gunna do is overclock my memory. that's not too hard, and i know what my memory can do. i'd like to OC my video card and cpu but they're pretty expensive and don't wanna mess stuff up. i know wyte was telling me somthing about monitioring the temp's but i'm new to this field so was wondering if anyone had some input. thanks.

Edited by Sniprwulf, 24 January 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#2 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

i forgot to tell you earlier that with the stuf you have, it would be pretty hard to do damage to it. the only thing that will happen if you turn something up to high is your pc will freeze. when you restart it will be stock again.

here is the link for ntune. ntune has a nice gpu monitor ntune

and the link for systool d/load you can do everything with systool, but the settings will only last untill you restart. it has a cpu benchmark program in it to. happy tweaking!

Edited by wyte mafia, 24 January 2006 - 05:26 PM.

#3 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

i downloaded gamexp. it changes some windows settings around for max performance for gaming. its cool, its a zip not a dl.

i overclocked my video card like 30% more than the max recomended. but thats just for benchmarks. it wont make a difference when youre playing a game if any of your parts are overclocked or not. but i use ati tool to cnotrol my fan speeds and also i can save and load my overclocked video card with it. which i dont bc again, it makes no diference. if materials are loading at 400 or 450, whos gonna notice right?

i use ccleaner which runs and cleans registry files and stuff so thats nice.

disk defrag is good to clean sh*t up on your harddrive

dont have extra programs running like windows blinds or anything you dont need. disable startup things and running programs that you dont need with msconfig. go to run and type that in..

you can go to bios and do stuff if you know how. like with my intel i put performance on turbo and turned hyperthreading on so stuff is noticably faster, a lot faster.

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

it says it doesn't read my motherboard. and since i didn't put this one in here myself i am not sure what it is to find out don't you right click, properties...i can't remember

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

if you download this http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php (get go to the middle of the page and click on the newest ver.) it shoudl tell you the parts of your computer.

and btw...i tweaked my bios and got my cpu up to 2.3Ghz for now....im gonna take it to 2.4 or 2.5GHz when i get my new heatsink/fan at the end of this week

http://forums.boss-g...?showtopic=2895

been usin it for a year or two but yeah i knew about cpu-z a while ago, useful tool. i'm kind of readin up on overclocking and whatnot, if i get newhere/break anything i'll letchall know :tup: . maybe tryin my xms memory tonite if i have some time.

#6 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

it says it doesn't read my motherboard. and since i didn't put this one in here myself i am not sure what it is to find out don't you right click, properties...i can't remember

its cause you have a compaq computer. I have one, I've been through it :tired:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users