• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Ok...hopefully most of you will recognize me from your servers for the past couple of months. I have a way to increase the boss community by yet another server and can make it self sustaining at no real "cost" to any members....bear with me...

Let's say a public 21 man server is $45/month...piece of cake.

once a month, for this particular server we have an online $20 entry fee poker tournament. Let's say 8 guys played in a $20 tournament...that is a prizepool of $160

We say 1st place wins $70 2nd place wins $45 leaving $45 to pay for the server...and you can say that all 8 who took part in the tournament get admin rights for doing their part to help out.

All I need to know is, A) would boss be interested in this and b) are there enough interested guys who are of age and like poker in boss?

lemme know. I was thinking of starting this up solo, but why re-invent the wheel. :tup:

anyone interested can contact me at kanadian at gmail dot com.

Edited by pokerguy, 30 January 2006 - 04:52 PM.

#2 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

i think i just read an advertisement....might just be me

#3 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

i think i just read an advertisement....might just be me

good god. An advertisement for what?

Get a clue. What do i stand to benefit? Do you see a link to anywhere? an affiliate link?

Edited by pokerguy, 30 January 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

no you didn't this guy has been around for a while he just likes poker.

i don't know about another server but this is definately a good way to help Shadow out with the cost of the three/ventrillo we already have. i know that in the past the servers have alomst had to go down but thanx to a few really generous guys they have stayed up. i think that htis is a good idea and i am willing to partake in this, i don't really care about admin rights if you want them you should take $10 of the money you won and get admin. anyway i think we should give this some more thought nice idea.

your gonna have to give me a while to get some desposible income though

#5 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

no you didn't this guy has been around for a while he just likes poker.

i don't know about another server but this is definately a good way to help Shadow out with the cost of the three/ventrillo we already have. i know that in the past the servers have alomst had to go down but thanx to a few really generous guys they have stayed up. i think that htis is a good idea and i am willing to partake in this, i don't really care about admin rights if you want them you should take $10 of the money you won and get admin. anyway i think we should give this some more thought nice idea.

Thanks Billy.

Honestly, I wouldn't make a penny from this. Every cent would be tracked and I would never post an affiliate link. If 9 people took part in the tournament the exact amount would be traceable.

9 * 20 = 180

-45 for server = 135

give 90 to 1st place and 45 to 2nd.

#6 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

i think it would be a good idea i dont like poker but i am just one guy so id say get permission from shadow.

#7 c_raid

c_raid

hater proof

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

im down for it...20 bucks a month, admin, possibly winning extra cash and playin a poker tournament....sweet deal dude :tup:

#8 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

i don't think we really need permission from shadow, we should just donate the money to the server, if i were to win i would prolly just donate my winnings to the server so i could get admin so if i win BoSS would get $180

#9 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

i don't think we really need permission from shadow, we should just donate the money to the server, if i were to win i would prolly just donate my winnings to the server so i could get admin so if i win BoSS would get $180

Right, but the idea would be to expand the community w/ another server...so it should at least be run past him to see if he thinks it would be a good thing? Again, we only really need 3-9 guys who would want to do this monthly (have a tournament and give a portion of prizepool to the BG community)

#10 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

i might consider this if it was about $10..but 20 is too much for me, i dont have an income...

also how would we play it? poker stars?

#11 kid_latigo

kid_latigo

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:58 PM

im in, but just like nachos i dont have a job (im 16y/o) so $20 would be hard for me to pay

#12 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

im in, but just like nachos i dont have a job (im 16y/o) so $20 would be hard for me to pay

we could do it for $10, as long as their is/was enough interest to get at least some prize money to 1st and 2nd place as well as pay for the server...meaning, if we had 15 guys playing for $10 then we'd have a prizepool of $150 which is enough to pay the $45 for the server, and it leaves $105 remaining to be paid to 1st and 2nd places of the tournament.

This wouldn't be played at pokerstars...they are too big to worry about organizing private events...also, it's a special request b/c we have to ask for the prizepool to be paid in a very specific manner

(pay 1st place X, pay 2nd place X but hold the remainder and don't pay it to anyone) the room is Supremepoker.com, me and my friends have used them before for charity tournaments and such because they allow you to specify the payout structure which I don't know of any other room that will. I also wouldn't think that members who aren't legal age would be able to take part, considering a real $$ account would be required (neteller etc)

Edited by pokerguy, 30 January 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#13 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

hmmm couldnt we just like paypal one of u guys the money or something=?

#14 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

Apples and Oranges.

If you want to play poker, set up a poker game.

If you want to be an admin and help out boss, donate some cash.

I don't see the connection between the two.

#15 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

cant u mix apple cider with orange juice and have an orange cider?

#16 c_raid

c_raid

hater proof

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

mmm orange cider sounds delicious

#17 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

Id do something like this, but Monsters kinda right. A better way to do it may be to have a bunch of guys donate directly to BoSS, then have a poker game, winner gets admin rights payed for for 6 months or whatever.

#18 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

or we could show our support by giving money directly to the server rather than a player who is good despite his efforts to promote this community. no im not an admin bc i have no money bc of college, but i do try and help by getting to know/help everyone and keep a close eye on the forums and servers.

#19 pokerguy

pokerguy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

or we could show our support by giving money directly to the server rather than a player who is good despite his efforts to promote this community. no im not an admin bc i have no money bc of college, but i do try and help by getting to know/help everyone and keep a close eye on the forums and servers.

IMO you guys are missing the point. This doesn't discount those who want to directly contribute via paypal to boss or by any other means. This is simply a different avenue that can be done...nothing more, nothing less. Just b/c you don't take part in a tournament doesn't mean you can't help the community via other means.

Sounds like it was a bad idea to bring it up. I'll try it solo w/ a new clan or something.

#20 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

in my opinion, its a great idea. very well thought out. but we struggle with money with the lack of donaters, like myself. so throwing extra money out there that people could have been donating all along i think is dumb to reward someone for their skill rather than the admins/gods for their time in to this community.

if we have 160 extra bucks to spare i say someone donates it to the servers as a gift and say hey admins, we have 160 extra bucks how about you donaters keep your money this month and buy a game that youve been wanting that can increase the boundaries of this community.

but we dont have 160 extra bucks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users