15 replies to this topic

#1 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

First off NO I'm not going to bash Canadians in this thread. I can't even believe that you thought ShLoNkY would do something like this. I do a lot of work with a help desk in Ottowa and they are GREAT. Aside from sayin "eh" they are (for the most part) extremely knowledgeable and courteous. (I am also picking up a slight Canadian accent which is grounds for another rant)

On to the rant!!
Quarters. f*cking QUARTERS!! I live somewhat close to Canada (barely south of lake ONtario) so i get a lot of Canadian change. This pisses me off. First thing I wanna do when I get to work is grab a nice cold Mountain Dew and caffenate myself. This requires 4 AMERICAN Quarters. People around here take Canadian quarters just like they are US currency. BUT NO! Vending machines dont. This requires a half-asleep and now pissed off ShLoNkY to walk back to his car in the freezing cold and try and scrounge another quarter (throwing the Canadian quarter into the river) .......gets back to the car to find only one quarter. A Canadian one.

Anyone that lives in Canada want a sack full of change?? Ill seriously mail every cent I have laying around...

No offence Canadians. :weee:

#2 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

yeah, we pretty much rule :29:

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

Whenever I go down to the states I use Canadian quarters in the vending machines....

#4 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

So you are the reason that i have so many of these goddamn things in my change. Thanks asshole!! :weee: (BTW they work in some vending machines but not most of em)

#5 NC Joe

NC Joe

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:52 PM

owned.

#6 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:41 PM

haha way to stick it to shlonky canada lol. i have 4 american quarters in my pocket give me your mailing adress sholonky and ill mail them to you. canadians aren't allowed in the south lol

#7 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

lol I <3 gaara

btw gaara did you know in DoD you can punch someone to death or kill them with a shovel thats all ive been doing for 2 days now

Edited by Billy Pumper, 11 February 2006 - 03:44 PM.

#8 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:25 PM

oh man... yeah DoD is fun.. the shovel is awesome lol.. but how do you punch people? i saw one guy doing it.. but i couldnt do it.. :( im so noob..

Edited by Novahawk, 11 February 2006 - 04:25 PM.

#9 oneils

oneils

Lurker

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

First off NO I'm not going to bash Canadians in this thread. I can't even believe that you thought ShLoNkY would do something like this. I do a lot of work with a help desk in Ottowa and they are GREAT. Aside from sayin "eh" they are (for the most part) extremely knowledgeable and courteous. (I am also picking up a slight Canadian accent which is grounds for another rant)

On to the rant!!
Quarters. f*cking QUARTERS!! I live somewhat close to Canada (barely south of lake ONtario) so i get a lot of Canadian change. This pisses me off. First thing I wanna do when I get to work is grab a nice cold Mountain Dew and caffenate myself. This requires 4 AMERICAN Quarters. People around here take Canadian quarters just like they are US currency. BUT NO! Vending machines dont. This requires a half-asleep and now pissed off ShLoNkY to walk back to his car in the freezing cold and try and scrounge another quarter (throwing the Canadian quarter into the river) .......gets back to the car to find only one quarter. A Canadian one.

Anyone that lives in Canada want a sack full of change?? Ill seriously mail every cent I have laying around...
No offence Canadians. :weee:

And to make it worse, Canadian vending machines accept American quarters...even the washing machines in my apartment building take American quarters. So, I don't have any to trade with man.

#10 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:43 AM

so i am guessing that the drink machines in the north dont take dollar bills? other wise y be so worried about finding 4 quarters

#11 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

lol dollar bills.

We used to have 1 and 2 dollar bills. But they fazed them out, and now it's 1 and 2 dollar coins.

#12 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

I think I would kill myself if I had to carry around dollar coins

#13 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

Loonies and toonies....WTF?? Its a scam though a Canadian quarter is only worth like .20 cents but an american one in Canadia is worth like .30. Of course the Canadian vendins machines take American quarters. Robbing us poor Americans out of prescious pennies. f*ckin Canadians. :weee: hehe

#14 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:55 PM

that is how canada has been funding its secrete war against the US as soon as they have accrued enough money and depleted us of all our precious quarters they will stike beware america its happening lol

#15 Nayr

Nayr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

canadians are cool...but french canadians....

#16 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:44 PM

don't bump old threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users