37 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:09 AM

Im very disappointed with every single antivirus product on the market, AVG, Norton, McAffee, and here is why

Today, i have installed a new anti-virus called kaspersky.... in just 3 minutes of scanning and maxing out my CPU at 110% CPU usage.... It has already found 8 viruses, mainly Trojans and I am highly disappointed doing a full scan with AVG did not detect any of this....

When I Get some spair time I surely will buy a copy of this antivirus as it is the BEST i have ever seen.....

those Reviews saying it will pick up practicly anything are correct and it gets a 99.99999% thumbs up from me, This is probably the best antivirus on the market and Nothing can compete, not eve F-Secure can, and Let me tell you something about F-Secure, it is a joke

F-Secure is so bloated and f*cked its not even funny... I have installed the Newest version of it from their web-club, Scanned, etc... then looked at my task manager, you know what it runs? Jesus Flashbanging Christ, 15 Processors for that antivirus alone, this is simply unacceptable in a company to not use a known compression and add DLL modules to a file.... very garbage... stay away from this and AVK, as they are very similar, with Kaspersky, it runs two files and that is all.... Defeinately something to keep your eyes on guys as the russian programer(s) for kaspersky are re-defining antivirus and diserve support.

#2 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:20 AM

Thx for the heads up man, I will prolly get this too since i am inbetween an AV program at the time. My Norton Internet Security crapped out. thx again

#3 vegetable_lasagna

vegetable_lasagna

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:40 AM

lol my dad is such a paranoid freak, im surprised he hasn't gotten this software yet but ill be sure to pass on the information to him. Thanks for the tip. :tup:

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:40 AM

im f*cking amazed, this thing even picks up threats before they become serious... ie, it deleted my mIRC and tightVNC programs as it said they could lead to possible backdoors, for 60 a year for the pro lisence of this, I am still on the "I dont know if I really want to pay for it, Id rather find a crack" phase at the moment, but I am so pleased that I managed to send out an email to kaspersky saying exactly how pleased I am with this antivirus, it knocks every known antivirus out of the water, nothing will compete with this antivirus as its so strong and yet does not slow my system down at all, which is shocking concidering AVG slowed system boot up like a sob [IE 10 seconds =x ]

This is definately the technology that should be used in anything that requires good security, ie windows, mobile phones, etc...

Ill have to change my tweak guide and add this nice little software to it as well.... should be nice.

#5 Nazi's Gur1

Nazi's Gur1

Lurker

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:28 AM

My Norton Internet Security was Keeping me from playing CS, so i uninstalled it, now internet is better :P

#6 ThugLife

ThugLife

Old School

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:35 AM

yo dark nukka, don't forget to mention sp2! :wtf:

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:41 PM

SP2 swallows the cock...

#8 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

it sucks too....

if you are interested in a SERIOUS antivirus solution, go out and buy kaspersky.

#9 ThugLife

ThugLife

Old School

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

ITS THAT GOOD EH? :9:

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

im not kidding, this f*ckin thing is sweet.

#11 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

How much does it cost?

#12 ctcarson

ctcarson

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:35 PM

I have Norton corp. edition. I am hesitant to get rid of it because I get free updates forever. I dont really need a lot of security, so would it be advantagous for me to but new security software???

#13 ctcarson

ctcarson

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

Also...whats everyones take on different firewalls? Norton sux a$$ and I dont really like windows firewall.

#14 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:55 AM

i only use windows firewall and Mcaffee :P

#15 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

Firewall... Software wise? Sygate for sure....

and look OK, norton f*cking BLOWZ....

every antivirus actually blows....

you know how kaspersky works? and why its #1? it has antivirus updates allowed to be downloaded every hour... and there is new virus code updates every day, its well worth getting kaspersky, it only costs 65 a year for pro version... good deal in my opinion... and for what you pay, you get the #1 antivirus in the world.

#16 Axodious

Axodious

Lurker

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:29 AM

Firewall... Software wise? Sygate for sure....

and look OK, norton f*cking BLOWZ....

every antivirus actually blows....

you know how kaspersky works? and why its #1? it has antivirus updates allowed to be downloaded every hour... and there is new virus code updates every day, its well worth getting kaspersky, it only costs 65 a year for pro version... good deal in my opinion... and for what you pay, you get the #1 antivirus in the world.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatabout the buisness edition of Norton...Symantec Anti Virus...I run that on most of my clients/customers and on any computer running Windows that I own and have no problems at all (unless I make them myself.) As long as it updates like every 12 hours in the background it's happy.

#17 Black Hat

Black Hat

Antisocial Faggot.

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:15 PM

Im very disappointed with every single antivirus product on the market, AVG, Norton, McAffee, and here is why

Today, i have installed a new anti-virus called kaspersky.... in just 3 minutes of scanning and maxing out my CPU at 110% CPU usage.... It has already found 8 viruses, mainly Trojans and I am highly disappointed doing a full scan with AVG did not detect any of this....

When I Get some spair time I surely will buy a copy of this antivirus as it is the BEST i have ever seen.....

those Reviews saying it will pick up practicly anything are correct and it gets a 99.99999% thumbs up from me, This is probably the best antivirus on the market and Nothing can compete, not eve F-Secure can, and Let me tell you something about F-Secure, it is a joke

F-Secure is so bloated and f*cked its not even funny... I have installed the Newest version of it from their web-club, Scanned, etc... then looked at my task manager, you know what it runs? Jesus Flashbanging Christ, 15 Processors for that antivirus alone, this is simply unacceptable in a company to not use a known compression and add DLL modules to a file.... very garbage... stay away from this and AVK, as they are very similar, with Kaspersky, it runs two files and that is all.... Defeinately something to keep your eyes on guys as the russian programer(s) for kaspersky are re-defining antivirus and diserve support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll definately check it out. I've been using the AVG free one and it's by far the best virii-scanner I've used (beats the hell out of Norton) but honestly, a virus-scanner is a virus scanner. If this Kaspersky is as good as you all claim it to be, I'll go download it and give it a shot. :) I'm always looking for better software.

SP2 swallows the cock...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell us something we DONT know Shadow, please. :tup:

#18 Unk

Unk

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:24 PM

Kaspersky is amazing. If you don;t have it get it now...and i mean NOW!

Edited by Unk, 28 February 2005 - 11:06 AM.

#19 Vidomaker

Vidomaker

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

Nobody likes PCCillin 2005??

Just wondering, cause its got a solid firewall, plenty of options, and only 32 bucks downloadable from Newegg.com. Should be a years worth of updates. Seems to update about 4 to 6 times a day. I dunno, it's DEFINITELY a better option than the "virus" anti-virus' in Norton and McAffee. (virus anti-virus meaning they're a beeeooootch to uninstall) :1:

I'll definitely check out Kaspersky though. Sounds good enough. :tup:

#20 Black Hat

Black Hat

Antisocial Faggot.

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:51 AM

TBH, Ive never even heard of that solution before. I'm rather satisfied actually with Sygate Firewall Pro 5.5 and KasperSky 5.0! They both do a fantastic job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users