7 replies to this topic

#1 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

Last nite i hooked dual monitors on my radion 9700 pro. Everything seems to be working fine for the few minutes that I played with it last nite. I have a 17 in lcd and 17 in pos crt monitor hooked up :1: . I dont really have any real use for the second monitor besides the fact that it has been sitting on my floor for a couple of months now and i decided that I felt like hooking it up.

Both monitors are agp and i have an agp to dvi adaptor on the lcd monitor.

I was just wondering if there were any programs available to make using two monitor a little easier. I can move stuff back and forth across the two moitors fine and i have not really played with it that much yet. I am just happy that it worked. :1:

Another question how do you set different backrounds to the two monitors? When i change the bg it changes it on both monitors?????

Thanks guys

I will be back to check this after work today.

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:28 AM

I'm pretty sure you have to fool around with the ati software. Im not totally sure if you can get 2 different desktops w/ati but I know w/my nvidia cards I can. The easiest way to turn the dual monitors on/off is to right click properties, display and right click attatch or detatch. The only software you should basically use for your dual monitors is software that came w/your graphics card

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

The only software you should basically use for your dual monitors is software that came w/your graphics card

That's a lazy, uneducated response man. That's just like telling people the best browser is IE, because it comes with windows.

Anyways, NipLick posted this a few months ago:

"Most of the new video cards today have dual output. Basically, you can "extend" your desktop to the other monitor making the resolution like 2560x1024

You can also use a program called UltraMon which gives you alot of options with dual monitors. Things like: a second task bar on the 2nd monitor, 2 wallpapers for the 2 monitors etc. So i can basically play CS and do other things with the other monitor without minmizing the game."

I've used UltraMon... it's got a lot of features that the software that comes with your graphics card does not. But, that's my opinion.

#4 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

That's a lazy, uneducated response man. That's just like telling people the best browser is IE, because it comes with windows.

Anyways, NipLick posted this a few months ago:

"Most of the new video cards today have dual output. Basically, you can "extend" your desktop to the other monitor making the resolution like 2560x1024

You can also use a program called UltraMon which gives you alot of options with dual monitors. Things like: a second task bar on the 2nd monitor, 2 wallpapers for the 2 monitors etc. So i can basically play CS and do other things with the other monitor without minmizing the game."

I've used UltraMon... it's got a lot of features that the software that comes with your graphics card does not. But, that's my opinion.

Good work monster i use ultramon its a good program one of the best option's is to have two different pics on the desktop's :tup:

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Ati has its own software to manage dual monitors. Its called hydravision and can be downloaded on their website. I use it at work and I like it. You can set it to automatically snap apps to different monitors when you open them and set different apps to always stay in front of other applications.

#6 kid_latigo

kid_latigo

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

installed UltraMon , but cant play CS and use other programs and not minimizing like NipLick said.... :tdown: , neither I can choose different images, only thing ive been able to do is having a second task bar

#7 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:59 PM

well i guess i will try one of these programs and try and figure out which one i like the best

thanks guys

#8 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

well i downloaded ultramon and have been playing with it for a few minutes now and it seems to be doing pretty good but it does not like the windowblinds program i am using

oh well

thanks again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users