32 replies to this topic

#21 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

i think the admins are doing really well. lately they have been super fair... new admins especially seem to take extra care in not banning people unless it is ABSOLUTLY nessisary... if anything id say new admins are way more careful because they are new... the old guys know what they are doing and if they f*ck up they know how to fix it.... thats what i think anyway...

WORD

#22 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

nc derek i agree with some thoughts and disagree as well and nigga plz come back into the forums. you have bin here wayyy to long. sorry for my spellling erross.

#23 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

I spent like a half hour before reading this whole topic. Well, some was worthit some wasn't.

I also had something written up but forgot to post it. Well, I agree most with deathblooms. The servers and forums as of recently have been pretty awesome. Like said b4, I agree somewhat with you derek but I dont think theres a need for that much rantage about it.. I mean we're all just here to have a good time and we are. Theres no doubt about it. If you disagree, then you're not having a good time then peace out and the bust of luck to you (not directed towards derek, just anyone who's not having a good time. :cool: )

yeah but anyways, as of recently, the servers have been doing fine. I havent seen otherwise. I havent seen any mishaps b/w new admins or any of that stuff. I know I'm "kind of new" but we all make mistakes. I say lets all just get drunk play some counterstrike for f*cks sake :tup: .

Edited by Sniprwulf, 24 March 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#24 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

:dork:

Edited by NC Derek, 25 March 2006 - 04:50 PM.

#25 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

Not to be a dick, but I read every word of this entire thread and still do not get exactly what you are trying to say Derek.......

#26 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

Derek,

Ive never had a problem with you and neither do i have any now, but i think you need to take a few deep breathes. Just relax, man. You are taking all of this way to seriously, and, most importantly, personally. The name of the community is not 'Utopia 2006'; therefore, it is not perfect. But, to tell you the truth, i wouldnt want to be part of anything utopian. You want to know why? If everything was perfect, we would not value what we had, and nor would we know that it is great, since there would be nothing negative to compare it to. Nothing is perfect, man. I know this lecture is pointless, and, basically, me rambling on about sh*t due to my boredom, but you need to take it easy. Admins do a very good job, and never did any of them had any MAJOR problems. Ok, maybe a few did, but the reason there were banned were mostly personal, accompanied by a few technical ones. An admin cant come into the server and have some fun once in a while (by once in a while i mean a few time a month)? We all pay for admin; hence, the only reason you guys even have BoSS is because Shadow, Ziros, ThugLife, Server admins, and a few dedicated members (that donate) provide you with the website and servers by paying for it. Even though us regular server admins might not have the same powers that the Gods possess, we take just as much effort to keep this place running; therefore, we're allowed to come in and f*ck around once in a while. There havent been many immature players, or, especially, admins. This community, as you said, is the best, and good luck finding a community with such a mature connection between all the people there.

If, as you say, it is too much pressure for you (i dont even know what youre talking about), take some time off. Dont come on so much. I pay for my admin, but i come on maybe twice a week. Mostly it is because i dont have time to play games. Additionally though it gives you a chance to cool off on whatever topic you were heated and have an opportunity to come back with a clear mind and the ability to let people share their perspectives of the subject.

Anyway, relax, man. Everything is as good as it gets. If you want it the way you say, be my guest and dedicate your whole life to it.

I hope to see of you, Derek.

Take Care,
Az.

#27 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Derek,

don't take this the wrong but what I think I see here is jealousy and possibly something happening outside the game that is making you want to b*tch about the game because you b*tch about it safely (think about this a sec). I have been in guilds on EQ and WoW and things weren't the best in my life and I felt as if the people in the guild were against me as well because things were going just my way. I know it sounds childish but we all feel left out sometimes. On the jealousy thing. You might be jealous that I have admin rights and some of the newer people got admin rights but we stepped up when Shadow asked us to keep the servers running and he decided to give us admin rights. I didn't do it just to become an admin I donated ($100 for your info) because I didn't want to server these great server go down and lose these great people I play with (including you). Now maybe I'm wrong but you can rant all you want but it doesn't mean anything when you left the community and if you really still care about this community and you boasted about not having any loans or anything like that why haven't you donated? Now you might have but I don't see a post about it and if you did I'm sorry.

I believe you really want the servers to get better but try this in 1 or 2 sentences tell us what you really want to see changed.

this thread is almost turning into a flame fest and I think you should post your opinion straight up. short and sweet. You know the only person who can make changes and enforce them is Shadow. I know I read the admin stickies and know the rules of the server and forums and try my very best to uphold them. Matter I was also am trying to learn the admin commands better to make a game os CSS fun like Ziros and some of the other admins do, but that will come with experience.

Again don't get mad at me for this post I am trying to help no matter if you see it or not

#28 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:54 PM

Alright....cool......Nagash is the new BoSS sugar-daddy. When is this threat going to be closed?

#29 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

/\ /\ /\....good point, this crying session is now
closed....

Edited by wyte mafia, 25 March 2006 - 04:20 PM.

#30 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

try again wyte... the thread is open still

#31 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

The only reason i did not close it is that Derek might want to reply to the last entries made; therefore, leave it open, until he gets back. If he doesnt, close it.

#32 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

you can close it. i liked your point about utopia. im not here to complain guys, i hope you dont help me. and no im not here for a safe place to b*tch. im jsut a nice guys trying to help. i still wish to be a part of this community, theres just some things i miss (people and rules) that i no longer see. but i dont want to sound like im attached to an online gaming thing, thats gay, its jsut not as fun as it used to be. haha maybe im just tired of css a lil bit. or the same ol same ol. anyways i was just trying to bring about some small things, obviously that didnt get thru.

close :dork:

#33 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

Lol. Take a break from CS, man.
Now, that ive taken a long break, CS seems so much more fun! I still play only a few times a week. If you play all the time, it does get repetetive and annoying.

See you around, man.
At your request, closed. :perk:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users