#1 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

What's up, fellas?
Anyway, a few days ago i threw out lots of sh*t from my room and the apartment as well. Set up a sweet stereo system in the living room, so it feels like youre in a movietheater when watching movies. If anyone wants some old, broken, useless sh*t, PM me - ill hook you up for absolutely free :weee:
As for my room, i want to buy a fair size TV. Not an hdtv (i would love to, but i dont have enough money at the moment), but a 25-35" crt, which i wanna hang up in mah room. Preferrably, I wanna get a Sony with (at least) an intergraded DVD player; however, double (DVD+VCR) would be sweet.

What is a good place to look at, besides best buy and eBay.. lol.

Thanks. :perk:

#2 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

Thoughts on that:

Get an HDTV crt by all means. You should be able to find a descent one for under $500 nowadays. (I found a 34" widescreen Sony wega at sears for like $430 cuz someone returned it. I almost bought it but have no need for it.

Forget built in DVD cuz when it breaks (DVD players are disposable pieces of electronics IMO, even good ones will have to be replaced every coupla years if they are used often) you are left with an awkward cup holder. sh*tty tvs are usually the only ones that have built in sh*t.

As far as a VCR........ I've never heard of them. Is that the Nickname for the new Blue Ray HD DVDs??? :tup:

I check Sears often for Tvs and Stereo sh*t. They often have good sh*t for cheap that was returned (mostly good as new IMO) or older model stuff.

Edited by ShLoNkY, 25 March 2006 - 05:55 PM.

#3 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

If you have a REX audio & video store they rule at TVs

#4 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

Aziz.......I would get the Sony XBR. Its widescreen, but it is the best crt television on the market.(the bastard weighs 200lbs) I seriously considered getting that tv before I got my $8,000 plasma. The XBR kicks ass. The sony trinitrons are also a very good and relatively cheap television. I believe the xbr will run you 1500 bones. Trinitrons will be much less expensive. Both good, durable, and great college televisions.

#5 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

I know, guys, but i thought about those; however, i do not have the money.. I still have to save up money for the computer, rememeber? So, i dont want to spend more than 300$.. maybe 400$ if im good with money.
Ill check out the big department stores. And i dont want to get anything extremely heavy, since i want to hang it up. Need to save space - i dont feel like getting rid of my love seat :dork:

#6 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

I know, guys, but i thought about those; however, i do not have the money.. I still have to save up money for the computer, rememeber? So, i dont want to spend more than 300$.. maybe 400$ if im good with money.
Ill check out the big department stores. And i dont want to get anything extremely heavy, since i want to hang it up. Need to save space - i dont feel like getting rid of my love seat :dork:

still looking? Might havbe a deal for ya :D

#7 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

still looking? Might havbe a deal for ya :D

what is it? :dork:

#8 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

what is it? :dork:

we might be getting an lcd tv for my girls apartment in her room. If that is the case, she has a 27 Zenith i believe. We are going to look tomorrow, so if we do get one we can hook ya up for 200 obo. She used to have hers hanging like the way you were wanting to do. Ill take some pics of it when i go over tomorrow.

#9 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:06 AM

I got a Toshiba 26" widescreen CRT for about $350 CDN... Like $300 USD.

#10 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:21 AM

I know it's more expensive but I'd go with a digital or hdvt. Within the next couple of years, there's going to be some big changes in television transmition. Atleast in the US but I'm guessing most everywhere too

#11 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:50 AM

dude wtf... do not get a regular tv... i got a sony 30' widecreen hd tv for 700 usd.... they are like 650 now.... get it or get nothing... there wil be no need for regular tvs in 3 years... buy the sony widescreen.... please...

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

buy the sony widescreen.... please...

only if you want to pay up the ass like you said. you can get a 26inch widescreen phillips hdtv for 400 bones. sony is wayyyy overpriced in 90% of their sh*t because of the name. Toshiba makes the best tvs in my opinion for reliability. Picture quality is on a case to case basis on each tv so...

#13 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hm, well i dont really have the money to buy an expensive TV right now. Besides, ill be moving in a year or so. So i have no idea what my apartment will be like then. Additionally, im saving up for a new computer, gf's bday, and dad's 40th bday.. so i cant really throw money left and right, you know?

GL: Yeah, dude. Post some sexy pics.
Mon: Dude, imagine the shipping on that biatch.
You: Id love to get an hdtv, but 700$ is almost half of a new computer... come on now.
Snipr: I agree with you; however, Sony does seem to last really long, and the quality of the picture is really good. In some products, id never go with sony.. like laptops, for example. If that sh*t breaks, which it does, you have to wait a few months to have it fixed - bottom line: gay.

Anyway, im still looking.

#14 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

i got a sh*tty toshiba like 10'
it roxors..it cost me $250
get it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, a 10 foot T.V. that only cost you $250? Who's dick did you suck?

:grin:

#15 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

yeah supposidly in 2007 all tv's are going to be required to be hd ready because everything is supposed to be transmitted in HD. don't know what that means for all us poor ppl still in regular tv world but i can gaurentee that the price of an HDTV will lower dramatically. sooo if you can' afford one now i wouldn't spend over $200 so as to not get f*cked incase the govt pulls some gay sh*t. I wouldn't mind a new tv but ima wait till the pricess come down and get an HDTV

#16 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:52 AM

yeah supposidly in 2007 all tv's are going to be required to be hd ready because everything is supposed to be transmitted in HD. don't know what that means for all us poor ppl still in regular tv world but i can gaurentee that the price of an HDTV will lower dramatically. sooo if you can' afford one now i wouldn't spend over $200 so as to not get f*cked incase the govt pulls some gay sh*t. I wouldn't mind a new tv but ima wait till the pricess come down and get an HDTV

I might wait until the prices for HDTVs drop. I dont really want to spend the money on a sh*tty TV.. especially the money i dont have :9:

#17 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

only if you want to pay up the ass like you said. you can get a 26inch widescreen phillips hdtv for 400 bones. sony is wayyyy overpriced in 90% of their sh*t because of the name. Toshiba makes the best tvs in my opinion for reliability. Picture quality is on a case to case basis on each tv so...

i know your right snipe, just let them think they are cool with there 1000 ducket tv's. heh :muaha:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users