8 replies to this topic

#1 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:11 PM

Alright so im getting into animation a little lately and I found a relativley cool way to do things. But i have a few questions.

1.) I was making a sig for Capt.John and I found a site to host the video but I cant seem to save a link to it or anything. I thought about making it an animated gif but it is to large to host on any site then. Any suggestions

2..) Heres the link to the hosting site and my small video. Can anyone find a way or mess around and figure out how to link it or save the movie.

http://www.zippyvide...tjohn/*cleric23

3.) Is this even a good idea. I saved the video for online use so it is not big. My orginal sig was larger in size then this. Just any other ideas or helpful thoughts on this. Please

Sry Capt.John I was going to surprise you with the animated sig but i ran into a wall. :19:

#2 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

Thats pretty sweet lol well If you get it working ill use it.. and one thing add muzzle flash...when he shoots theres noooooooo flash at all

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

Thats pretty sweet lol well If you get it working ill use it.. and one thing add muzzle flash...when he shoots theres noooooooo flash at all

If I can figure out or someone else can figure out how to save it so you can use it ill go back and edit a muzzle flash in. Im still learning though. Might take some time.

#4 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

If I can figure out or someone else can figure out how to save it so you can use it ill go back and edit a muzzle flash in. Im still learning though. Might take some time.

I would help but I'm clueless on that stuff

hope you find out how

TY MAN! :tup: :tup: :tup: :20: :1: :cool: :9: :weee: :dork: :wtf:

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

If you can save it as a gif, host it on fileput as a gif (2mb max.) And just look at the element properties to take the url and link it that way. That's what I did for my avatar.

#6 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:10 AM

ok i've got a question about all these gifs... originally they all ran at full speed, but not they are all choppy and sh*t. I've cleared spyware, cookies, temp files, all the sh*t that I think could be slowing my computer... but they're still choppy as hell.

So is this due to bandwidth issues for the forum or is there something wrong with my computer?

#7 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

So is this due to bandwidth issues for the forum or is there something wrong with my computer?

Its the frame rate. Most gifs have a low frame rate just like when you play CS. So everything appears slower. When you go to save it as an animated gif go into settings or options in the save menu (Dont know what program you are using but normally it should be below save) and change the frame rate to a higher setting.

If you save it in Photoshop go to Save for Web. And a whole list of options will come up. One is at what speed the gif should cycle through each frame.

The reason why it normally is a low setting is becuase most animated gifs or only 3 to 4 images so they dont need to cycle through them very face to convey whatever visual the person wants.

And Now you know . . .
And knowing is half the battle. GI JOEEEEEEEEE! :tup:

#8 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:02 AM

Cleric, how are you doing on that sig of yours? I think your the only one workin on a sig :19:
o well yours PWNS :tup: anyway if you get it done, just pm me or post it somewhere.

Thanks! :cool: :cool: :cool: :wtf:

#9 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Sry wont be working on it for awhile, Death in the family.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users