37 replies to this topic

#21 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:18 AM

just about the only person i pay on a regular basis is yatzee squirrel and that is because he donated to the server i watched him do it and he has never asked to be admin. so if giving him 16000 fake dollars is gonna keep him donateing real dollars so the rest of you freeloaders can play then thats what ima do. only other time i pay is if i pay all and that is only if it is really really late (3-4am) and i want ppl to stay and play

Yeah, that's fine, man. I do that, too.
Besides, squirrel is dope :dork:

And late at night it is sometimes essential to have people there and having fun

#22 TheCincinnatiKid

TheCincinnatiKid

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

The only add-on i have really liked from another server is hitboxme....where your can see which hitboxes you hit the most. I think this could actually help people get better.

#23 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

Alright, I guess we will just leave it as it is then ... (I like the damage add-on because you can see more info).

FOOTNOTE: Why do people in this community tend to always find a way to say that someone is a dumbass. Like "You press ~ for damage.", or "Maybe the servers full."

#24 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

Alright, I guess we will just leave it as it is then ... (I like the damage add-on because you can see more info).

FOOTNOTE: Why do people in this community tend to always find a way to say that someone is a dumbass. Like "You press ~ for damage.", or "Maybe the servers full."

because we get questions like that seriously asked in the forums and in the game. we wouldn't know how much you know about the game. for god sake there are still people that goes for "F10= god mod" joke.

#25 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

I know this. That is fine. You can say that and maybe suggest that. But since when does that give someone a right to talk sh*t about them because they don't know something about the game.

A week ago I was on the BoSS server (#1) and some guy asked, "What sensitivity is best for gaming?". Some BoSS member said "Wow, what a dumbass question. How about you just turn off your computer and leave?" ... sh*t like that isn't good.

#26 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

I know this. That is fine. You can say that and maybe suggest that. But since when does that give someone a right to talk sh*t about them because they don't know something about the game.

A week ago I was on the BoSS server (#1) and some guy asked, "What sensitivity is best for gaming?". Some BoSS member said "Wow, what a dumbass question. How about you just turn off your computer and leave?" ... sh*t like that isn't good.

Hm.
Sensitivity is a personal setting. You play with what you find it most comfortable. I play with 13 and some people play with 3. Again, its a personal preference. Before asking a question think about what youre asking and whether you can settle the problem yourself.

#27 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

let me explain it. we use such language for each other too. its not like it is only against the people outside of the BoSS. though i guess it comes out wrong if you are not in BoSS. just relax they are just joking around. maybe we should be more carefull about it but i don't know.

Edit: Look at Gaara's signature, you will see what i mean.

Edited by ghozy, 04 April 2006 - 03:30 PM.

#28 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

Hm.
Sensitivity is a personal setting. You play with what you find it most comfortable. I play with 13 and some people play with 3. Again, its a personal preference. Before asking a question think about what youre asking and whether you can settle the problem yourself.

I was simply stating what I saw.

let me explain it. we use such language for each other too. its not like it is only against the people outside of the BoSS. though i guess it comes out wrong if you are not in BoSS. just relax they are just joking around. maybe we should be more carefull about it but i don't know.

I am not getting insulted or anything, I am just saying that isn't showing a good vibe for new members, people who want to be in BoSS, or just random on-goers.

#29 c_raid

c_raid

hater proof

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

i htink the damage would be the only good option...the sounds are cool for a while but they get annoying plus the betting thing is beat, boss has its way the servers run and stuff like that would change it...i know billy doesnt like change lol and neither do i.

#30 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, I like to see where you hit the guy so then you can practice on aiming a little better.

#31 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

damage gives you ability to see how much damage you gave to enemy even before you die. thats not good. you will know his hp, and rush instead of running away. or other way around. unless it only works when you are dead, i wouldnt want it personally.

#32 ellisracing58

ellisracing58

The Racing Slut

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

damage gives you ability to see how much damage you gave to enemy even before you die. thats not good. you will know his hp, and rush instead of running away. or other way around. unless it only works when you are dead, i wouldnt want it personally.

i'm gonna have to agree with him... people would know when to rush and when not to... thats part of the game :cool:

#33 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

1) Damage stats pointless. You can get better by aiming better. Every gun has an insane amount of recoil when shot in anything but 2 shot bursts while crouching. The only way to get better is to play more.

2) I'm guilty of giving the losing team cash also. But usually it's only 8000. So it's not a lot, just enough for a round or 2. After that they are on their own. Cash doesn't turn tides of the game. Just influences them. A player is just as good whether he has a FAMAS as a M4a1. How good he is depends on how well he adapts.

#34 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

i kind of like the betting system its preety cool that i agree with everything else is trash

#35 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

I can't really think of any other good add-ons that I've seen ... The death beam can always be good ... But it starts to get annoying eventually when you keep seeing a f*cking red line throught the screen.

#36 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

We should just mix it up on server 3 and see what works. Use different addons and plugins. Use the damage for a day and see how people like it. Same w/ the betting, zombie,ect.

#37 ellisracing58

ellisracing58

The Racing Slut

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

i think mixing it up on one of the servers wouldnt be a bad idea... i think the hit box would be great... as long as you can only look at it after death... the noises, played with em, and dont care for em

#38 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

i think the hit box would be great...

that's never gunna happen. takes up so much resources to use..never will happen. But yeah, I guess you guys can post the rest of your suggestions in darkshadows post on how to improve the servers.

clsd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users