Photo

who else thinks this is sad?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

http://www.pcper.com...cle.php?aid=219

some pretty obvious biased opinions on intels suposed AMD axe murderer.....to suposedly take over the throne of gaming processors.....
notice the drastic measures intel has to take to gain a 20% or so lead on amd....4mb L2 cache.....and they dont even take into consideration amds new socket to be realeased....but I dont know as much about amd processors as shadow does.
but when amd releases the next line up of the FX processors....intel will be left behind...AGAIN..

#2 Fuz_master

Fuz_master

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

I have an AMD and will probably stay that way. I never liked Intel. It destroyed my friends computer lol............No seriously it did

#3 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

my whole point is, intel is getting desperate, plain and simple, they only appeal to the mainstream computer buyers(30 yr olds who dont play games), they see the p4 and think"OOOOH, check it out, a Pentium 4, wow...4....thats almost 5......",and amd just sits back, and keeps dishing out great processors, with low power consumption, and less heat, and laugh.

#4 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

I like competition and not because it has "tit" word in it. I mean it.

#5 Fuz_master

Fuz_master

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

yah amd rules. Plain and simple.

#6 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

I will always stay with AMD f*ck Intel

#7 Fuz_master

Fuz_master

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

YEAH! f*ck INTEL!

#8 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

I say let's see what happens. If intel has a better chip, why knock it? Buy whichever has the best features for the price. If that happens to be amd (currently), then buy amd. If intel goes to drastic measures to compete... let them. It's certainly not a bad thing when competition occurs.

#9 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:38 AM

As anyone seen what AMD stock has done in the past 6 months??? Intel is very scared and they should have been 3 years ago.

#10 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:43 AM

I don't think intel is about to start losing money anytime soon. AMD may be popular, but intel has way more corporate accounts than amd. Intels are found in way more pre-made systems, and that is where the money is. The wholesale chips that we buy are a drop in the bucket.

Look at the apple account they just got. They are making the chips for every apple computer from now on.... AMD didn't get it, because they just aren't up to the capacity that an account like apple demands.

#11 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:28 AM

I don't think intel is about to start losing money anytime soon. AMD may be popular, but intel has way more corporate accounts than amd. Intels are found in way more pre-made systems, and that is where the money is. The wholesale chips that we buy are a drop in the bucket.
Look at the apple account they just got. They are making the chips for every apple computer from now on.... AMD didn't get it, because they just aren't up to the capacity that an account like apple demands.

That is very true. However, as of now, i will be buying an AMD. I have an Intel right now, and the performance is terrible (gaming-wise).

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:39 AM

I honestly could care less for intel, their "advancements" in technology make me sick.

#13 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

their only "true advancement" that theyve made was 4mb L2 cache....I forsee their chips costing your soul and the blood of your family for a measly 20% gain....and I believe that amd will come out with another processor that laughs at intels new processor.....

and I know somone made a topic about this, but shadows avatar has me hypnotized, and wishing I could find what movie thats from.

Edited by At The Gates, 04 April 2006 - 09:51 AM.

#14 Fuz_master

Fuz_master

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

I totally agree with you, Shadow. I have had an old AMD 3200+ and it has never failed me on any of my games.

Edited by Fuz_master, 04 April 2006 - 03:55 PM.

#15 Icecold1

Icecold1

Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:52 PM

I totally agree, I had intel all my life and the custom computer i got 6 months ago with a AMD 64 3200+, hasn't screwed up my computer and had no problems, in everyday use and gaming. I will never go back to Intel, because they are jsut making processors for either big business or people who have a computer just for having one. That is deff where the money is but AMD just makes better processors for the gamers PERIOD...

#16 HmmmDonut

HmmmDonut

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

my whole point is, intel is getting desperate, plain and simple, they only appeal to the mainstream computer buyers(30 yr olds who dont play games), they see the p4 and think"OOOOH, check it out, a Pentium 4, wow...4....thats almost 5......",and amd just sits back, and keeps dishing out great processors, with low power consumption, and less heat, and laugh.

THey are getting desperate. They have lost 10% of their market share because of the disaster Netburst was. The fact is Conroe is one very good cpu and proves just how much R&D Intel has to play around with. As far as gaming goes Dothan (Pentuim M's) have been faster than A64's clock for clock for a while.

This is all a market ploy. Intel is coming from a weak position and needed to sway buyers to wait until Conroe arrives. Frankly, it is working. Even I am considering waiting for Conroe before going to balls to the walls on a dual core system.

What's with all this Intel hating? They make good cpu's. Fanboyism is bad.

#17 ellisracing58

ellisracing58

The Racing Slut

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:26 AM

I say let's see what happens. If intel has a better chip, why knock it? Buy whichever has the best features for the price. If that happens to be amd (currently), then buy amd. If intel goes to drastic measures to compete... let them. It's certainly not a bad thing when competition occurs.

I'm gonna have to go with monster on this one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users