26 replies to this topic

#1 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

Ok we all know we have like 1,500 users and only about 50 or so are active and/or on ventrillo. Some other people and I (not mentioning names) think that some users just register to put he tag on and damand respect...here an ex: ok someone will just randomly join, post like 5 messages and never post again, but they ware the tag and always demand respect or act like a dick to everyone because they think there so surpirior to others because there in BoSS...anyway there is more but this will just turn into a wall o' text, I think that only admins should acctualy ware the BoSS tag, If you disagree or want me to post more about why just ask, I have other reasons, I know some others agree with me too.

`~John

#2 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

No that sucks.. the tag doesnt matter... its just to show your dedication to BoSS... i agree that the guys who make like 5 posts and then wear the tag are gay.. but i dont agree that only admins should wear it.. i mean there are even some admins that dont wear it.. you can wear it if you like.. but in my opinion.. only the active members should wear it.. and not those f*ckers that dont even know the rules and make BoSS look bad on the servers by camping sniper rooms and just being gay...

#3 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

/\ /\ /\ .... i agree. i dont eaven wear the tagg n e more and new ppl can figure out that im admin.

also, the sig is great nova.

#4 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

i could have swore that shadow came up with that like last week....but o well....

Yea...he did...oops sorry shadow

#5 c_raid

c_raid

hater proof

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

i dont think the boss tag is rly that big of a deal, i enjoy having it on because im a dedicated member with 400+ posts and i think i deserve it. for the guys that just join, slap it on and "demand respect" f*ck em. all of the regulars know who is active and who is not, and in the end none of those nubs get any respect anyway. giving just admins the tag wouldnt really make any sense if u ask me, but thats up for discussion.

#6 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:31 PM

Well that tag doesnt make us any better than other players. Shadow has repeatedly pointed out to admins that we should treat all players equally, BoSS or not. Although I do agree that the tards that just join for the tag are ghey... there just isn't much that can be done.

#7 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:17 PM

whatever. i still think that ppl that are sure fire dedicated and who donate money like yatzee squirrel but aren't admin (by choice) should not be forced to take his tag off

#8 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

You cant just join BoSS and instantly be an admin. You need to be here for quite some time and get to know people. Admins know whos dedicated and whos not. Lets say if c_raid were to ask for some cash I will throw some his way ,but if the "new guy" asks Ill never say yes. People earn respect here ,they dont just get it.

#9 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

this is a community so i guess its ok to people wear tags. but i wish they were more active. as stated above even if they have tag, it doesn't mean they get respect. they need to deserve it. Shadow was joking around few days ago "new rule, if you are not on the vent, you are not allowed to put Tag on" hehehe. I'm not sure how serious he was though.

#10 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:52 PM

I wear the tag because i think i represent the COMMUNITY well. I post more than regularly, and am on vent almost daily. I however dont expect people to give me respect or any better treatment because of it. I wear it because i like the community and think that i have obided by the BoSS rule that are set forth to wear the tag. I dont agree that new people should not be allow to wear the tag, but i do agree that people need to have more respect and earn their keep in the community.

#11 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

You cant just join BoSS and instantly be an admin.

Aren't you forgetting someone! lol

#12 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:50 PM

I know this is a little old, but new BoSS members who act like dicks don't get respect from me. Now, this doesnt mean that if, say, someone was camping or being a douchebag and a fairly new guy says "hey don't do that", gets b*tched at, then talks sh*t back, I will understand. But if some new guy struts into the server and acts like a b*tch and then has the nerve to demand respect(and ask for cash. that is just annoying), well, my finger might just slip over the keys "y_@mute whoever".

Edited by Tyler Durden, 12 April 2006 - 10:51 PM.

#13 Buddha

Buddha

Lurker

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

I have not put the BoSS tag on because I feel as though I am not worthy. I plan to stay in these forums and eventually I will put the tag on once a few people know me and I don't totaly suck at cs:s.

#14 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Wearing the tag gives me strength and power. I can tell anyone what, and when to do something. I can earn the respect that I rightly deserve ... I don't give a sh*t about you "dedicated members" ... You must respect me. I have total power ... from this tag.

/\/\/\ That was all a joke. I disagree. I think that dedicated members should wear the tags. I shows that you are a group/family/community.

Edited by MainEvent, 17 April 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#15 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

im in the forums at least once a day.....but i dont use vent...no mic and ...basically thats it, no mic

#16 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

I have not put the BoSS tag on because I feel as though I am not worthy. I plan to stay in these forums and eventually I will put the tag on once a few people know me and I don't totaly suck at cs:s.

i like this kid his humility has touched me, he is now MY member :muaha: so hands off

#17 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:12 PM

i like this kid his humility has touched me, he is now MY member :muaha: so hands off

Bring it Billy!! I'll fight you for him!!!

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Here is how I feel. After you join the forums, you have to post on the forums and play on the servers for a while until we respect you. Make a committee of sorts of only the most respected (*ahem*) members to say "hey, this guy is cool and will be here for a while. I think he deserves the tag on." Make a small comittee so people won't put on the tag and say "yea, this guy told me yadda yadda yadda"
Just a suggestion.

#19 DavidHeisel

DavidHeisel

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

I'm only really bothered by disrespectful dicks I've never seen before with the tag... like this Mormon Mayhem guy tonight who was yelling at the admin to give him $$$ among other things, and just generally embarassing himself and the community.

#20 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

I'm only really bothered by disrespectful dicks I've never seen before with the tag... like this Mormon Mayhem guy tonight who was yelling at the admin to give him $$$ among other things, and just generally embarassing himself and the community.

I'd mute his ass. I have before. Is he even register'd here? I alway forget to check, and he never told me his forum name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users