Photo

VGA or DVI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys use an LCD screen that both uses VGA and / or DVI connections, and what are the benefits to using just DVI, I just got a nice 19inch lcd screen that did not come with the DVI wire(it came with that crappy little adapter) and was curious if the DVI wire is worth the 50 bucks.

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

50 bucks is cheap some asshole at bestbuy tried to sell me a 6ft dvi cord for 150. f*ck him

if i had the money i would go dvi but since im a broke ass college student i would use the connector. but thats me

#3 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

Wow billy you got ripped off hardcore. I say buy the dvi cable, but dont waste that much money on it. Get this belkin: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

DVI can transfer data faster than vga can hence better performance, and its digital so it doesnt have to be transfered from analog to digital which vga has to do.
http://forum.pcmech....hp/t-60031.html

#4 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

The Quality of the picture can really be better with a DVI cable. Depends on the LCD you have. It made a fairly big difference on the 24" Dell LCD I have at work here.

#5 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

If you want the cable right now, go to wal-mart. I got mine there for $25. It wasn't on sale or anything, that was the regular price. It was a 10 ft. Electronics stores just try to make alot of money off of them because of the whole digital craze.

By the way, this is the only time I will ever condone shopping at wal-mart. Being that I worked there for a month and they are the devil.

Edited by kidcapri, 19 April 2006 - 10:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users