11 replies to this topic

#1 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Yo guys I got XP installed I got vent, for some reason i can't get on the server, I have the IP and port....can someone help me?

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

hmm... explain in more detail

#3 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

lets see, got my key on my mouse bound correctly, I type in the IP, the Port, "Cannot Connect To Server"
I believe it might have something to do with the server name....right now I have it as Boss-Gamers.com, is that right?

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

lets see, got my key on my mouse bound correctly, I type in the IP, the Port, "Cannot Connect To Server"
I believe it might have something to do with the server name....right now I have it as Boss-Gamers.com, is that right?

I don't think what you name the server has anything to dowith. I just have it as BoSS, and before as adbakdf on my old computer. :20:

#5 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Sigh :( Haven no loggy in.

#6 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

If you have a router or firewall then see if the port is blocked and if it is then unblock it...

Its usually set to block all except the ones you tell it to unblock.. so you'll probably have to do that....

Edited by Novahawk, 27 April 2006 - 09:03 PM.

#7 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:25 PM

Its possible I gave you the wrong information as well heh...dunno if I did or not..check it

and no it doesnt matter what you name it

#8 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:26 AM

If you have some stupid firewall software, disable it. Then try again. What a lot of people do by mistake is that they set their firewalls to "no exceptions" or when it asks you if you want to allow Vent to go through the firewall, they just click on "do not allow" by accident.

Check your exceptions within windows firewall or other software and add Vent to that. It should go through most hardware firewalls without having to do anything else unless you are setting up a Vent server, then you need to forward the ports.

#9 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

type :
ping 66.235.185.240

in command prompt if you get replies successfull, you shouldn't have any connection problem.

#10 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

he was on last night so I assume the issue is resolved

#11 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

If you have a router or firewall then see if the port is blocked and if it is then unblock it...

Its usually set to block all except the ones you tell it to unblock.. so you'll probably have to do that....

If you have some stupid firewall software, disable it. Then try again. What a lot of people do by mistake is that they set their firewalls to "no exceptions" or when it asks you if you want to allow Vent to go through the firewall, they just click on "do not allow" by accident.

Check your exceptions within windows firewall or other software and add Vent to that. It should go through most hardware firewalls without having to do anything else unless you are setting up a Vent server, then you need to forward the ports.

:wtf:

#12 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Fixed, had it blocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users