2 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys. I am trying to add only one small page of my own to my friends website. I created it in Dreamweaver, and everything from there went smoothly. Now I am having trouble connecting to the server. I have used dreamweaver's ftp client, SmartFTP, and just plain going on the internet browser. The password, user name, and directory are correct, but I still cannot connect.

NOTE: I have cable, and a router, if that is any consolation.

-Muffin

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:50 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a router conflict. I had such dilemma's in high school when I haddan ftp server going so I could access it from school. Uhmm, I can't really tell you the exact problem but you have to try and fool around with the settings alot. ftp servers are wierd sometimes. guildftp i heard is pretty good.

#3 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:35 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a router conflict. I had such dilemma's in high school when I haddan ftp server going so I could access it from school. Uhmm, I can't really tell you the exact problem but you have to try and fool around with the settings alot. ftp servers are wierd sometimes. guildftp i heard is pretty good.

Thanks a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users