Photo

I'm forced to say hello to Fade-to-Black here. Details inside.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

I would like to say hello to Fade-to-Black in this thread seeing that I was unable to in-game on the BoSS CS:S # 1 server.

Why do you ask? Because I was muted.

The altercation happened between me and BoSS|Irisheyez. At the beginning of a new round (pistol round), Irisheyez gave himself the distinct advantage of an AK. He proceeded to slaughter a good chunk of the CT team who had nothing but pistols (and armor, if they were lucky). Upon voicing my displeasure that he would disrupt the game in such a rude manner, he essentially tells me to shut my mouth. The next round, to prove my point, I tell him that, "It's a shame you couldn't spawn a gun that could shoot through walls, eh? You'd be really good then." He doesn't respond. The game proceeds a few rounds and I let sleeping dogs lie. I've made my point and there's nothing more to it.

Now, those who know me on the BoSS server can attest to the fact that I'm pretty chatty. Not through the mic, but just through typing. Being able to type 80 words a minute allows me to crack some jokes and have some fun with everybody on the server. Part of what makes the BoSS server so inviting (and the reason I joined) was because there are some really cool guys that play there that makes for a really good community. Everyone here should know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I was just talking to Telegram Sam and a few others (I joined Ts to even the teams out 13-13; the CTs were bringing the slaughter pretty heavy) and I was just talking to him. It was a few rounds since the altercation between me and Irisheyez took place. Irisheyez, then out of the blue, tells me that I "talk too much." I was sort of confused, seeing as I wasn't talking to him. I even made a point of not talking to him as to not throw any more branches onto the fire after that first tiff. Next round, I'm muted. No explanation why. No warning through the admin voice of what rule or regulation I was breaking. Just an all-out mute.

Well, seeing as a couple people had joined the server after that point and said hello to me (to which I could not respond) and that I was unable to join in the planning of any attacks on my team, I figured that instead of bring rude through silence, I had better just leave.

---

Now I'll be honest here; I don't really know what the BoSS protocol is. Most of the admins on the server are decent. They make sure that everybody stays out of the sniper rooms and they dispatch hackers with admirable speed. I've never really had to look into it. But this judgement that has been passed down unto me seems a little unfair. Not because I'm a BoSS member, but because that is not how the rules are usually carried out, for BoSS or non-BoSS members alike. I also distinctly remember Darkshadow saying that the BoSS tag is not a privileged right - that anybody is welcome to wear it, but by doing so, you are no better than anyone else on the server. That you should not be accorded any special accomodation by the tag, and that it should be the reverse. By wearing the tag, you should accomodate those who play on the servers and make the atmosphere more enjoyable for them. By putting on the BoSS tag, you should be trying to increase the enjoyment of those who attend the server so to further the community feeling that drew you to it in the first place.

I feel that Irisheyez misused his powers as an admin. I am here to voice my dissatisfaction and make the situation aware to those who both attend and run this solid gaming server/site.

Thank you.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I'll agree with you. Most the admins never, even if they give themselves cash, get more then a pistol on the first round. Some may occasionally get kev+helm, pistol, nade. So yeah, I'll agree with Insulin on that, Irish was cheap to give himself an AK on the first round.

The next part is a little more here say. As we've only heard your side. I've known Insulin longer then Irish, so I'm tended to lean to his side, in that he may have said something he's not telling us.

But untill Irish posts his side, I'm really not going to say anything on the lateral part of the arguement.

*Note* Insulin. By merly leaving and rejoining the server you can get the mute taken off. As it doesn't follow you once you leave the server.

Edited by Ezekiel, 08 May 2006 - 08:32 PM.

#3 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:35 PM

I agree with Ezekiel on all the main points and am inclined to not do an either or side right now. For the most part admins try not to be ghey and I, for one, am glad you took the time to post here and let us know what was up. I think you did the right thing by leaving and not coming back, if I mute someone and they leave and rejoin to get unmuted... it tends to piss me off and I do something else. So, good call on just leaving. Anyhow, ima wait till I see what Irish has to say, hes been cool over the time that I've known him so I think this'll get sorted out soon enough.

I'll cya on the servers when I get my internet working on my pc again.

#4 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

But untill Irish posts his side, I'm really not going to say anything on the lateral part of the arguement.
*Note* Insulin. By merly leaving and rejoining the server you can get the mute taken off. As it doesn't follow you once you leave the server.

It's more the point of the matter. If I came back and he would mute me again (a hypothetical), then what? Quit and rejoin again? Quit each time Irisheyez joins, because I know he's going to mute me? It doesn't solve anything.

And I understand and appreciate your wanting to hear Irisheyez side of the story. I'm quite curious to hear it myself. If we want a full description of what happened, there has to be a way to open the server logs (what you see when you hit the console command) and paste that into here. The incident took place sometime between 8:50 and 9:00 PM Eastern time I believe.

And yes, it makes me quite uncomfortable as well when the admin gives me money. It just seems to create tension between the regular server goers and the BoSS members. It usually isn't a problem though, and I don't really care that much about it because I just perform a wash by agreeing to buy anybody a gun whenever they ask for one (with my own cash - provided I have it).

#5 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

First, are you a member? Because, honestly, I have never seen you before.

Second, to roughly quote Shadow... "Like ZOMG, the pixels are out to get you man!" It is a game. Sometimes us admins like to give ourselves clear advantages over the rest like $16000 each round and AUGs (me personally) during the first round. Why you may ask? Unknown, really. Why does Gaara like knifing so much? Why do I like Microsoft more than Macintosh? Only God knows...if he is lucky that is.

Lastly, don't even "joke around" with admins. Some can't take jokes very well. (cough*Billy*cough) If Shadow was in his position, he would have slapped, burned, slayed, taken all cash, gimped, froze, and kicked you...not nessecarily in that order.

In conclusion...were you banned? As far as I read, no. Just go back in the servers and have fun. :tup:

#6 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:45 PM

It's more the point of the matter. If I came back and he would mute me again (a hypothetical), then what? Quit and rejoin again? Quit each time Irisheyez joins, because I know he's going to mute me? It doesn't solve anything.

And I understand and appreciate your wanting to hear Irisheyez side of the story. I'm quite curious to hear it myself. If we want a full description of what happened, there has to be a way to open the server logs (what you see when you hit the console command) and paste that into here. The incident took place sometime between 8:50 and 9:00 PM Eastern time I believe.

And yes, it makes me quite uncomfortable as well when the admin gives me money. It just seems to create tension between the regular server goers and the BoSS members. It usually isn't a problem though, and I don't really care that much about it because I just perform a wash by agreeing to buy anybody a gun whenever they ask for one (with my own cash - provided I have it).

as far as I know the console doesnt save anywhere... snipr and I were looking into it a while back. You have to save it manually or not at all. So its just gonna be what he says happen vs what you say happened. Regardless, its gonne get sorted out.

IRT Tyler

Hes a member that has been around since LONG before he actually registered. He may have even been in the servers longer than you. But case in point, I didn't know who YOU were and you registered before me. So its quite easy to understand everyone not knowing everyone else.

Edited by RogueAlly, 08 May 2006 - 08:47 PM.

#7 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

IRT Tyler

Hes a member that has been around since LONG before he actually registered. He may have even been in the servers longer than you. But case in point, I didn't know who YOU were and you registered before me. So its quite easy to understand everyone not knowing everyone else.

I know. I just got active again a little while ago. But in the past few months, I havn't seen him, really.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, Insulin is the type that's super active on the servers. But not so much on the forums. But most of us all know him pretty well.

#9 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

i would just like to say that i think your complaint is a bit ghey. to write a whole long shpeal because you were muted is ridiculous. i remember once when some admin (i forget who) asked if everyone wanted to play a blind round which everyone agreed to. then when everyone was blinded after a few minutes.... everyone had fun with it except you who went off on a seemingly never ending rant about admin abuse. this was only done once the entire night while i was on and i personally thought that although you were not muted... you should have been. anyway my point is you are making a mountian out of a molehill, and you need to chill out a little bit and learn to have fun. :whatever:

#10 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

And with that, we are closed for business. Once again, any admin/God who has something important to say, open...

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

And with that, we are closed for business. Once again, any admin/God who has something important to say, open...

Easy with the lockage. At least leave it open untill Irish can post his side. Till then leave it be. It's not fair to shun a well know member's ability to get his voice out there just because you don't know him.

And what people are missing mostly, is the point. He's not particulary pissed about the muting. He's pissed about the way Irish handled, and acted as an admin towards him. Because he felt he didn't desearve to be treated the way Irish treated him. He felt Irish acted in a rash and uncoventional mannor, the muting, according to Insulin's side of the incident, was uncalled for, considering it, from what I've read, was for a past comment, that, even in my opinion was completely fair to say considering how cheap of an act Irish pulled in the first round. (Sorry, but I even think it's real bullsh*t to give yourself an AK in the first round when the server is populated by a majority non members. It's fine when it's just a bunch of BoSS members on, because we usually are just f*cking around anyway.)

So, Irish, please post your side of the story here to clarify things. No body is mad, persay, just would like to know what happened so we can rectify the situation and reach a mutual agreement here.

#12 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

I gotta say I have seen irisheyes taking advantage of admin in this manner. I have also been slain after killing him (numerous times). Isn't he a new admin? Not a great start if you ask me.

Edited by poopsmcgee, 08 May 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#13 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

not to put my 2cents in or anything but............fox has been around for a long long time and usually causes no problems what so ever ..actually none ever for me and i personally have enjoied his participation in the community and as a player in the server.I was not there when this occured but i can attest that fox has never given me a reason to doubt him or be upset w/ him so....take it as you will but i like the fox!!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

#14 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

First, are you a member? Because, honestly, I have never seen you before.

I've been playing on the first server for CS since like... September of last year. I join the forums and often read them (much more than I post, but then I'm not much of a forum poster).

I could say the same of you. :P I guess we just don't see each other in game that much. Or come on at different times.

Second, to roughly quote Shadow... "Like ZOMG, the pixles are you to get you man!" It is a game.

It is a game. But it is a game to be enjoyed. I get dicked around by my boss at work, I don't want to get dicked around by my BoSS' on the server. :P

Sometimes us admins like to give ourselves clear advantages over the rest like $16000 each round and AUGs (me personally) during the first round. Why you may ask? Unknown, really. Why does Gaara like knifing so much? Why do I like Microsoft more than Macintosh? Only God knows...if he is lucky that is.

I've already mentioned this before, but the giving of weapons and money during the normal rounds isn't that bad. Big deal. So the guy has $16000 and an AUG. So do many of the other players. It won't really effect the game that big one way or another.

But let's take this same scenario where you give yourself an AUG and $16000 during pistol round, and proceed to get eight kills on the opposite team. Is that really fun for you? And if it is, isn't that coming at the expense of the entire opposite team? Isn't that turning around your position of furthering the experience of all players on the server and instead just ruining it? We all have our quirks, granted, but how many of us like to blindfold then rape a barrel full of fish?

Lastly, don't even "joke around" with admins. Some can't take jokes very well. (cough*Billy*cough) If Shadow was in his position, he would have slapped, burned, slayed, taken all cash, gimped, froze, and kicked you...not nessecarily in that order.

I know many players just come to play and don't neccessarily want to joke around. That includes some BoSS members and admins. Billy is the f*cking man, but I know he doesn't usually bite when it comes to the back and forth I've got going with the other BoSSes. That doesn't mean I don't say hello to him or acknowledge his awesomeness when he lands one of those true-to-blue Billy pump-shots. I try to be cordial to everyone who plays on the server, BoSS or not, but if they don't respond or make it known that they don't want to join in, then I respect their wishes.

In conclusion...were you banned? As far as I read, no. Just go back in the servers and have fun. :tup:

No, I wasn't banned. But what if I were next time? I have a problem with the way in which I was treated. I'm making a post about it. This is my community too. I shouldn't have to feel hostage to someone else's whims. And this isn't me making a post to get Irisheyez in a ton of sh*t, this is me legitamitely asking, "Is what he did protocol for the server?" I'm not clear on the position. Maybe concerning the rules Irisheyez was in the right and I was in the wrong. Regardless, I'm going to post and find out.

And I almost always have fun at the BoSS servers. Some of the best servers in the CS:S realm. :tup:

i would just like to say that i think your complaint is a bit ghey. to write a whole long shpeal because you were muted is ridiculous. i remember once when some admin (i forget who) asked if everyone wanted to play a blind round which everyone agreed to. then when everyone was blinded after a few minutes.... everyone had fun with it except you who went off on a seemingly never ending rant about admin abuse. this was only done once the entire night while i was on and i personally thought that although you were not muted... you should have been. anyway my point is you are making a mountian out of a molehill, and you need to chill out a little bit and learn to have fun. :whatever:

I forget who it was that blinded me, set me on fire, and then killed me for absolutely no reason and no warning on BoSS that one sunny day, but needless to say, I had let it go. I told the BoSS member involved that a warning would have been appreciated before I was gimped and then killed in the game, but none was provided. And if I remember correctly, I was not the only one who was angry at what had happened. There were several regular players there (non-BoSS) that were pretty pippin' pissed that they had gone through the same thing I just had. I told the admin to knock it off and respect that there were other players on the server besides himself. After which, I had to sit through him calling me a bunch of names.

It's not that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, it's that I'm trying to take care of the molehill before it turns into a mountain. If I use my voice to let people know that I don't appreciate being abused by the very same people meant to protect me, maybe they won't do it next time.

If BoSSes want to get together and do a bunch of crazy stuff, then do it on the non-pub server. Or on the server when a good majority of the players are BoSS. Then it's cool. But when there are five BoSSes on and twenty-seven other players, and one decides that it would be really funny if everyone was blinded, burned, and then killed for no reason whatsoever, I really fail to see any way in which that could be cast in a positive light.

I want Irisheyez to explain his side of the story. I want to come to an understanding with the man. I want to make it so that the next time we see each other on the server, we'll be able to get along. I have made claims in this thread, and I think it would only be fair for the man if he were able to respond to them.

Easy with the lockage. At least leave it open untill Irish can post his side. Till then leave it be. It's not fair to shun a well know member's ability to get his voice out there just because you don't know him.

And what people are missing mostly, is the point. He's not particulary pissed about the muting. He's pissed about the way Irish handled, and acted as an admin towards him. Because he felt he didn't desearve to be treated the way Irish treated him. He felt Irish acted in a rash and uncoventional mannor, the muting, according to Insulin's side of the incident, was uncalled for, considering it, from what I've read, was for a past comment, that, even in my opinion was completely fair to say considering how cheap of an act Irish pulled in the first round. (Sorry, but I even think it's real bullsh*t to give yourself an AK in the first round when the server is populated by a majority non members. It's fine when it's just a bunch of BoSS members on, because we usually are just f*cking around anyway.)

So, Irish, please post your side of the story here to clarify things. No body is mad, persay, just would like to know what happened so we can rectify the situation and reach a mutual agreement here.

I agree wholeheartedly. Well put Ezekiel, well put indeed.

#15 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:52 PM

I gotta say I have seen irisheyes taking advantage of admin in this manner. I have also been slain after killing him (numerous times). Isn't he a new admin? Not a great start if you ask me.

i have to say that your comment doesn't belong here because you don't know who the f*ck we are w/ 25 f*cking post so stay the f*ck out of grown peoples' business and worry bout your own sh*t .....k thanks!!!!
ps. again i don't know the whole story here but.....i can be a dick and the fox knows that yet...i don't understand the beef here....why all the hub bub....can;t we all just get along???????????? :perk:

#16 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

i have to say that your comment doesn't belong here because you don't know who the f*ck we are w/ 25 f*cking post so stay the f*ck out of grown peoples' business and worry bout your own sh*t .....k thanks!!!!
ps. again i don't know the whole story here but.....i can be a dick and the fox knows that yet...i don't understand the beef here....why all the hub bub....can;t we all just get along???????????? :perk:

Well, I agree with the later part of what you said Cobra. But, still, don't act so harsh to Mcgee ither. He's basically like Insulin, active on the servers, but not so on the forums. . . Though, he could have phrased his complaint about Irish, in a less.... Hostile way.

What we really need, is just to let Irish know what he's done isn't acceptible, and to learn from this and put it behind us. Nothing like this should take this long to get over. Just identify your mistakes, note them, and move on with your new experiences.

But, we are a community, and untill Irish speaks up, we can't resolve this like a community. (That sounded a little gay didn't it? :dork: )

#17 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

well a fire got lit here... comments to come from me in this spot a little later

ok so after reading through everything I'm just gonna say I'm glad that fox posted so it could be discussed. I'm not gonna side for an either or... this matter seems to be resolved and the points I was thinking of are moot to say the least. See you all in the servers

Edited by RogueAlly, 08 May 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#18 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

not to put my 2cents in or anything but............fox has been around for a long long time and usually causes no problems what so ever ..actually none ever for me and i personally have enjoied his participation in the community and as a player in the server.I was not there when this occured but i can attest that fox has never given me a reason to doubt him or be upset w/ him so....take it as you will but i like the fox!!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

I've only got 18 posts. And how long have you known me? :P

Poopsmcgee has been playing with us for a really long time as well. Is that worth nothing?

He's just voicing his opinion on the matter, which he is entitled to. It may seem convenient that I'm saying that when poops is backing up my story with evidence of like-wise occurances, but regardless, everyone should be allowed their say.

And yeah, playing with the Cobs-master is awesome. I call you Cobs-man, you call my mother a wh*re, and Jesus loves my mom's tits joins the server just in time to back your story up. :P

#19 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

well a fire got lit here... comments to come from me in this spot a little later

probably by me huh?...... well lets here irish eyes side of the story.........and he might be legitimate in his actions....but....i have a short ass temper and still have not seen fox do anything so i am just intrested to hear the rest of the story....not at all saying eyes is in the wrong here but just being curious as to what really happened b/c fox is a friend and i have never had any complaints on him ...even in private....is this a case of oops... i was pissed off and f*cked him up or is it ..." hey f*ck that jew !@#$%^& he was a punk and you don't even know" so... what ever happens i just wanna know b/c i was suprised to see this thread.... that's all!!! :33:

#20 Irisheyez

Irisheyez

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

hehe.

Simply enough , I muted Fox for being an asshole.

I gave all boss members cash at the start of the round - do what you like with it. If you want a simple pistol round fine , I won't give any cash on the first round.

Insteading of calling me what? I believe a gay f*ck , or something along those lines , you could have approached me like a man.

That's as far as this story extends a simple mute - So I am lost as to why you would try to blow thing out of context.

You give money , you get in trouble - you don't give it , there sitting there begging for it. =)

I don't know what else to tell ya from my side , because it's not even a thought in my head.

At least your on the forums now fox, maybe next you might get on vent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users