20 replies to this topic

#1 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

Now, for guys like us... that may be fine. Because we can read and understand the difference between all these versions...

Posted Image

EDIT: Also, there are 2 European Versions as well..... gay.

Edited by monster, 19 May 2006 - 12:59 PM.

#2 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:27 PM

The question to ask is: Which edition has the least amount of bullsh*t bundled with it that we won't ever use?

And if this is one of the more basic editions, will MS purposly cut down the hardware support so we will be forced to use one of the more bullsh*ttier editions?? :20:

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:36 PM

I just hope it doesnt turn out to be like Windows ME. I have an aunt who used it and everytime I was on her computer I had a good chuckle and it. If it does turn out to be like Windows ME then im going to stick with Windows XP. Until they come out with another one after it.

#4 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

they will make sure you buy the new version. now or in few years. in a few year microsfot will stop supporting XP, new softwares will make problem with older versions etc. and you will switch to Vista eventually.

Yeah, I will wait a year before buying and probably get the basic version. Unless they cripple the OS in the core on basic versions.

#5 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

Well... I guess we will have to see what happens. I could get away with the basic version... but who knows. "game enhancements" in the Ultimate Version? WTF is that!???

The starter edition is very crippling... only 3 apps can be run at a time, etc.

The basic doesn't have as much media support...

The big thing for pirates to worry about is that the non-business versions won't have corporate licensing options... don't expect an easy way to crack the Ultimate Edition.....

On the Microsoft "Get Ready" website, the company has outlined the requirements for running low-end versions of Vista or higher-end versions that take advantage of the OS�s new Aero graphical user interface capabilities.

The company differentiates between the two by calling the former a "Windows Vista Capable PC" and the latter a "Windows Vista Premium Ready PC."

Hardware requirements for a Vista Capable PC are a modern processor with a speed of at least 800MHz, 512MB of system memory and a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC has a good deal more requirements. It must have at least a 1GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1GB of system memory, 128MB of graphics memory, 40GB of hard drive capacity with 15GB free space, a DVD-ROM drive, audio output capabilities and Internet access capability.

It also needs a graphics processor that runs Windows Aero, which Microsoft defines as a DirectX 9 class graphics processor that supports a Windows Display Driver Model Driver, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware and 32 bits per pixel.

The graphics processor for Aero also must meet the following requirements for graphics memory: 64MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor less than 1,310,720 pixels, 128MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels, or 256MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions higher than 2,304,000 pixels.

My f*cking god... a gig of ram to run the UI?@@@?@?@?@##?!@#@#)#*@*

Edited by monster, 19 May 2006 - 02:13 PM.

#6 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:18 PM

this thing sounds retarded. I think I will just use linux and play games on consoles. yeah thats what i will do.

#7 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

The starter edition is very crippling... only 3 apps can be run at a time, etc.

If this is true then Microsoft should be banned from life for being a monopoly and and overall fag...

#8 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

"game enhancements" in the Ultimate Version? WTF is that!???

dx10 support :kill:

IDK though some of this sh*t looks pretty cool : http://www.microsoft...es/default.mspx

Im just worried that all MS did was put a buncha fancy sh*t in it that we do not need that will ultimately cripple performance. Shouldn't they be designing their OS to increase performance?? :perk:

Edited by ShLoNkY, 19 May 2006 - 03:16 PM.

#9 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

though I might end up buying professional version, just for work reasons.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

Yeah I'll have to support it too so they'll prolly give me a legit copy. :dork:

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

I'm just wondering how much the ultimate version will run. Because I'd probably end up getting that version. Cause I know they're going to do some sh*t that will make you regret getting any other version anyway.

#12 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

Shouldn't they be designing their OS to increase performance?? :perk:

Yeah, OSX for mac has been doing that every since OSX came out....

Sure, the application library is sh*tty, but the OS is golden. In fact every new version of OSX runs faster than before. I can install any version of OSX, infact it's better if I install the newest version, on my old IBook G3.

Imagine if windows would do that..... dicks.

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:51 AM

its a shame that we were all exposed to windows so early...its a familiar OS so it kinda makes me feel like i should always use one. an imac is looking nice tho. i like my g4 ibook :tup:

#14 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:14 PM

if you guys check it out though, Dx10 is only going to work with vista, I guess the whole performance boost is that if you look at all the dx weve had in the past, all they have done was build up until 9, which made it more cluttered, DX10 however is completely rebuilt from the ground up to offer 8x perfomance boost, If I can find the artical I read about it, ill post it, but to be honest, when vista comes out, I fell im going to invest in it, I mean hell, if it sucks, I could always pop in ym windows xp disc and restart :)

#15 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

My only two cents is that the people at Micro$oft are dicks and always have been. It's like Wal-Mart or alcohol: The general public can't live without it. :33:

Unfortunately, I'm one of those general public. :dork:

#16 davetherave

davetherave

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:42 AM

Has anyone tried the beta 2 version download? There saying it has all of the features the ultimate version will have upon release.

#17 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

Who would pirate an OS?? That's very risky, from Microsoft no less. I'm sure as hell not gonna do it.

I've always been reluctant to switch OS's (had 98 more than a year after XP was released), I don't think I'll get Vista until I absolutely have to. I've barely gotten used to XP lol...
I still miss DOS backup from 98 and before lol :dork:

#18 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

The new Vista looks much "cooler" than XP. This coolness factor is going to cost in hoggin' resources though. Ill prolly throw it on my SCSI drive to dick around with it. I agree with Frag though, when vista is in full force Ima actually buy it. The frustrations that I have had with bootleg OSs in the past are not worth it.

This way when it f*cks up reserve the right to b*tch; legitamitly. :20:

#19 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

I'm not sure why, but generally people who pirate OS's are saying that they are going to buy Vista....

I've been thinking of buying it, which is weird... because I've never bought an OS yet, well, I bought RedHat Linux (it came with documentation).

Maybe Microsoft's strategy is working... convince pirates that their OS is worth the price, compared to the hassle it causes when not bought....

#20 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

I forgot to mention that Shlonky, pirated OS's cause alot of problems and bugs. I don't think they are worth it.
And there is just something wrong about having your whole software core on your comp illegally, doesn't make sense to me, I'd like a little more security lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users