11 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

yesterday and today ive been having a crazy high ping. 200-400. but the severs dont recognize it to kick me for high ping. however, i get a lot of lag jumps equivalent to if i had 100-150 ping. so its not just a data base reading error. it happens in all servers. ive restarted my modem serveral times. and usually after that, it goes down to normal 30s to 40s, and maybe after a while it goes back up to 100s then 200s. then later itll be at 300s for a while. not sure what it is. nothing being downloaded on my computer or my sisters whos is on the network i guess, and the other computer is off. not sure what could cause this.

would this be something being caused by my isp?

or is steam f*cked up for everyone? ive seen a lot of high pings today, usually 3 or 4 others per a servers have a 150+ ping. one guys had a 400+ ping.

not sure what the problem is, interent browsing is fast, xfire is fast, aim is fine...

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

would this slow internet have anything to do with my sisters computer having like 20 internet windows up from myspace and email that all froze. god f*cking damnt what the hell is wrong with the internet! :no: :tdown: :whatever: :evil:

edit - earthlink says maintanence in select cities till 1am, i wonder if aim one

Edited by NC Derek, 30 May 2006 - 07:08 PM.

#3 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

it sounds like you need to fire your isp and get better one

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

http://www.bandwidth....com/speedtest/

test ur bandwidth

had earthlink dsl when it first came out. they can suck my nuts.

i have a cable connection that gets 3-4megabit (around 500KB download speed) peek times when everyone else is on and upwards of 8megabit up to around 12 (1MB+) at night n sh*t.

Edited by Sniprwulf, 30 May 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#5 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:05 AM

would this slow internet have anything to do with my sisters computer having like 20 internet windows up from myspace and email that all froze.

The whole problem started when we allowed women on the internet.

#6 Ozzy

Ozzy

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:19 AM

erm.. dont diss 100-150 pings... i still manage to pwn. :P

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:53 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Earthlink can suck a fat one. But I'm stuck with them (Sprint/Earthlink) for a while :kill:
Earthlink is just like that Derek, switch or get used to it. Sometimes my connection will go dead for minutes at a time when I'm playing, their f*cking servers are so gay, probably heavily overloaded...

#8 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

Speedtest websites are completely useless as they are off your isps network. If there is packet loss off your isps network, youll get really sh*tty speeds regardless of how good your isp is.

There is probably a speeetest site that is ON YOUR ISPS NETWORK. Find out what the address is and run ping.exe from cmd prompt. Disconnect your other pcs/router and run the test for at least an hour. If you are getting more than, say, 2% packet loss, you found your problem. Call your isp and b*tch at them.

If you can't find a website to ping that is on their network, don't even bother. If you don't believe me, I'll punch your mother. :muaha:

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

hehe, tried that and got 100% loss.... gg Sprint

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

hehe, tried that and got 100% loss.... gg Sprint

If you got 100% loss you prolly did something wrong.......

#11 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Earthlink can suck a fat one. But I'm stuck with them (Sprint/Earthlink) for a while :kill:
Earthlink is just like that Derek, switch or get used to it. Sometimes my connection will go dead for minutes at a time when I'm playing, their f*cking servers are so gay, probably heavily overloaded...

when they said "they make the impossible" in their commercial i though they mean it in a good way.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

I pinged three of their claimed servers and all got 100% loss on all of them.. tried boss-gamers.com the same way and got 0%.. I dunno, it tells me at least that their servers are down most of the time.

I have no clue how to find MY specific server however..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users