16 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

dont call me a whiner for this but i miss the times when people would slay anyone for camping. im writing this bc this is the 20th round, yes 20th i counted that the entire T team has camped their projector room. i have no idea how they have all coordinated to all do this every round after round despite everyones b*tching at them but they succeeded in annoying the hell out of everyone for 20 rounds going. holly f*ck. someone ban every css player in the country for this annoying sh*t. jk but anyways thats my rant bc im pissed as f*ck right now, just wish it wasnt against the rules for Ts to camp sometimes. :tdown: :tired: :whatever: :19:

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:00 PM

I remember a while back this was happening a lot too. I was on CT with a bunch of people and ended up switching to T and killing the hosties in projector room every round so CT didnt even have to go in. If this happens while I'm on the servers I WILL control it. T's can camp to a point... 20 rounds is excessive and requires control.

#3 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

rogue saves the day. i cant beleive some people sometimes. pricks that camp, how is camping even fun?

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:13 PM

Yea 20 rounds does seem a bit excessive..slaying them all is a bit harsh though :9:

Camping projector room as a T is a lot better then some ct camping no where near where he is supposed to be going too tho

#5 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Slap em all to 99, that would be interesting...

#6 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:39 AM

Although it is the T's right to camp however they see fit, when they all bone up in the projector room, the CTs usually always clobber them. This is usually done with the archnemesis of the projector room camper: the HE grenade. You get 16 of those f*ckers flying in there, at least two thirds of the Ts will go down.

My main complaint about T's camping the projector room is that if even half the team camps - the other half is screwed no matter what. There are like six to eight people going out to meet a full sixteen. A full sixteen that's rushing to that projector room with no fear. So, it's usually a stampede where some unfortunate T with his deagle won't have a chance in hell.

And I know how it starts too. There's usually one brave soul trying to encourage the team for a garage rush, and then there's two gimp-dicks (usually friends) that spam the T chat by saying stuff like, "Camp projector room," and, "OMG!!1 Camp proj!" The first round they do this; nobody listens to them. But, if the Ts start losing enough rounds (which they usually will, seeing as they're at a two man disadvantage due to the two homos camping the proj all the time), then more will join them until you get a full-out projector room camp.

Not all Ts want to camp that projector room. Most usually want to rush. But even they see how futile it is when they're sitting at the end of long hall way firing at five fully armed targets, all alone.

My solution to this would be to immediately warn the two pricks on the T team that spamming the chat with projector room talk isn't allowed (I don't know if these are the rules - so fill me in on that). And do the most as an admin to actually get them into the game.

But in the end, it's tough. Those homos are usually pretty adamant about sitting on their duffs and doing nothing.

Edited by Insulin Fox, 01 June 2006 - 01:40 AM.

#7 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:43 AM

insulin im mad drunk, just got laid and im not even considering reading your long ass sh*t... but if ts camped for 20 rnds, thats madddddd ghey..... werd.....

#8 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:32 AM

I dunno I think it's kinda fun to smoke and nade the living crap out of camping t's in the projector room.

#9 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:01 AM

Ts can and should be able to camp spawn to protect the hosties. BUT, I have seen Ts camp garage, snowman, behind boxes and other places which slows down gameplay. This should be controlled.

As far as 20 rounds of projector room camping; that gets old real quick and is pretty lame. Admins should take action IMO.

#10 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

I love when im a T and they camp. It gives me the chance to run out and kill a ton of cts becuase they don't think anyone is going to rush that round becuase they are all camping. Those tend to the rounds when i get the most kills becuase if you make it through then all the cts have their backs to you and are facing projector room.

:20: One time i got 8 knifes in one round becuase of that. They couldnt figure out where all the knifes were coming from. :cool:

But yeah 20 rounds it to much to for me, couldnt do it.

Edited by Cleric, 01 June 2006 - 08:02 AM.

#11 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

i'm not enforcing unless Shadow clears the rule about it. though in such situations when I'm CT I stay out and snipe any T coming out. they come out, it just takes time.

#12 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

i'm not enforcing unless Shadow clears the rule about it. though in such situations when I'm CT I stay out and snipe any T coming out. they come out, it just takes time.

See that kind of mentality is what makes the rounds slow. Not really knocking you for it though, especially if you're down to like 4 cts and like 8+ T's are sitting in their spawn, I'd wait at least a couple of them out too (keeping an eye on the timer). If the T's are winning every round by all of them camping, then eventually they should start rushing again (and usually do). If they are still losing, they will continue to camp, this probably means some team massaging is needed. e.g. swap one of the guys screaming "camp projector" to CT and get someone else.. :1:

#13 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:54 AM

the rule says that Ts and CTs may only camp 1 round for recovery. it states both teams. i wish there was an easier way to enforce deathmatch, not the mod, but the game play. if everyone rushes, now thats fun. anyways this wasnt made for an argument, i was just ranting the fact that an entire team of 16 people som how managed to organize a camp fest for dozens of rounds in a row, which is not only one of the sh*ttiest times on css, but also the most amazing teamwork ive seen at the same time.

#14 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

Basically if the T's camp like that, theres no way they should win. Plain and simple, CT's should be able to overpower them with grenades and rushing in tactics. If the CT's were unable to accomplish this, then I'ma hafto to say tough luck.

I personally HATE when T's camp the sh*t like that b/c they should and most of the time do lose for doing it. That's usually the incentive I give T's when I'm on their team not to do that sh*t.

Gets so boring when they do tho, frustration is understood.

#15 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

umm.... just a game remember, kill kill kill.

o and i think the 1 round camp is for cts. the t's are suposto stay close to the hosties. its not a death match its a strategy map. im not sh*tin on derek either, i think its bullsh*t to have the whole team in projector room but every time i have been a t trying to mass camp the projector room we allways got pwnd by nades.... as an admin i dont think i would make them stop tho, it is there mission to keep the hosties and that is what they are doing.

#16 Insulin Fox

Insulin Fox

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

insulin im mad drunk, just got laid and im not even considering reading your long ass sh*t... but if ts camped for 20 rnds, thats madddddd ghey..... werd.....

If you think that's tough to read when you're drunk, then you'll be glad to know that it's just as tough when you're sober. :20:

which is not only one of the sh*ttiest times on css, but also the most amazing teamwork ive seen at the same time.

Haha!

Well said! :tup:

#17 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

I say, slap 'em all for 99 and throw your nade in there :muaha:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users