42 replies to this topic

#1 korosys420

korosys420

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

Hey guys,Was wonderin your opinion on wheither marijuana should be legal or not.I say it should be legal to all over 18. :tired: :tup:

#2 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

i don't have an real opinion on this one. i really don't care what people smoke as long as they don't go out and drive right after smoking.

#3 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

One one hand, the govt could tax the hell out of it, on the other its really not healthy.

Although I dont really smoke the reefers too much anymore, I have smoked my share. For the most part, stoners are pretty harmless, much moreso than drunks. However, smoking pot (no matter what the useless hippys say) is not really productive or good for anything.

I'm with Ghozy; I don't really care. Maybe have "smokers" districts with special areas zoned for pot smoking where you could put your hash bars and sh*t. If they did that, I'd prolly stop by from time to time and smoke a fatty. Other than that its not really a big deal to me. If you asked me 6 or 7 years ago I'd prolly have a much different opinion.

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

I agree with you Korosys, there is no reason why it should not be as legal as alcohol or cigarettes. But you really have to control "second hand smoke" unlike with alcohol. So designated areas is not a bad idea at all. It's truly bullsh*t that you can go to prison for it. Who did you hurt by smoking it? Yourself, if even that. Emo's don't go to prison for cutting their wrists do they?

#5 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

Woah woah woah. If we start legalizing things, then people would have to actually show self responsibility. We don't want that. Pretty soon they'll have to stop frivilous lawsuits and start teaching their kids about sex without the government helping. Oh, and kids might think for themselves and pick a religion other than thier parents! Unacceptable! How dare you suggest people be responsible for their own actions EVER. Truely a foolish thought... /sarcastic rant

#6 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

The only real problem is driving. Someone behind the wheel on pot is just as bad/worse than someone who is drunk. Also, the whole "hippy" thing. Although it would give me more targets.

#7 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:46 PM

Okay you would much rather have someone high driving at you 5mph, than a drunk coming at you 75mph in a 30 mph zone. Anyway pot should be legalized, so that we could collect mad taxes on it and pay for some of the health care costs that are associated with smoking.

#8 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Yes it should be legal but any time you bring gov't into something they f*ck it up. They would make it so you have to smoke their sh*tty dope, and any other dope would be illegal. You would have the same problems of underground drug trade and ppl being charged for smoking real pot. :tired:

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:03 PM

Okay you would much rather have someone high driving at you 5mph, than a drunk coming at you 75mph in a 30 mph zone. Anyway pot should be legalized, so that we could collect mad taxes on it and pay for some of the health care costs that are associated with smoking.

Very good point, driving under the influence of THC makes most people more careful, but of course driving under the influence of anything is bad, alcohol might be one of the worst, except maybe heroin....

And Tyler, hippies?? wtf dude? Those people are last you need to worry about, they will never harm you. If you want targets I suggest D.C. There are some real assholes there, especially near that big white building...

#10 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:12 PM

And Tyler, hippies?? wtf dude? Those people are last you need to worry about, they will never harm you. If you want targets I suggest D.C. There are some real assholes there, especially near that big white building...

Didn't you see the southpark episode aboot the dangers of hippies? Giant jamfests taking over entire states with sh*tty music and hippie dancing.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

#11 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:46 PM

Very good point, driving under the influence of THC makes most people more careful, but of course driving under the influence of anything is bad, alcohol might be one of the worst, except maybe heroin....

lol frag ftw......i agree with you man......... :perk:

#12 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

I think it should be to people over 18 and with designated areas.

But the government probably won't. They always b*tch about how kids could get their hands on it. (Like they don't already, as with cigarettes, alcohol, firearms, etc...) If the parents in this country actually payed attention to their kids, maybe we wouldn't have stoned 10-year-olds running around with shotguns, shooting people, and blaming video games.

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

i think its funny when people have this debate, because i think that if it was legalized, itd be so heavily taxed, but be heavily monitored even more so. say you went to you local smoke shop for a pack of smokes, some papers and some marijuana...the smokes and the papers? $6....the pot? $20...lol. then people would complain abt the price, and try to grow their own anyway, and then the gov't would be like f*ck no you dont!!, and start arresting people for bootlegging and some sh*t lol. its not gonna be as cool as you think. just food for thought.
but i dont smoke, so i dont care really. to each his own

Edited by J.Pizzack, 17 June 2006 - 03:03 PM.

#14 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

But I HATE hippies. f*cking liberal assholes. (No offence if you are liberal...actually, yea, offence, b*tch!)

#15 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

I've been drunk, but never driven. And I've been blazed and had to drive (Forced to.) And Yes, there's a major difference. When your drunk you lose had eye cordination. And, at least for me, when I'm blazed, it's just like lagg. But I still think in the same way.

So basically it'd be me probably 5-10mph under the speed limit. Really no harm there. Just annoying to other drivers.

#16 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

But like you said, it is ike lagg. Now, I guess you guys are ok, but someone else would decide to do a wake-n-bake at 4 o clock PM and drive interstate during rush hour.
They would just need new laws for that like drunk driving.

#17 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:38 AM

studies have shown that alcohol is worse for your body than thc. it ruins more braincells than you can believe. an alcoholic for 10 years has a brain 30 years older than their age. not true with thc's. just some food for thought...

ftr, about legalizing it, i have no comment here

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:15 AM

I've never done pot but apparently it is highly addictive. That might be one of the only reasons why it isn't legalized (and why I don't do it) Other people have said smoking is highly addictive, but not THAT bad. I smoked just a couple nights ago. It was my first time and afterwords I wanted another...mainly just to get the sh*tty aftertaste out of my mouth. When it was lit it tasted good...like chocolate.

Any way, I'm not really for or against pot. I just don't want pot heads driving. (no offnce) I don't care if you are the safest person behind the wheel w/ pot, but I like to speed, at least 15 over everywhere. I would probably flip out if everytime I went on the interstate I got behind a pot head. :dork:

#19 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:33 AM

ok eventually pot will be legalized but it will take many years, the reason. our generation will have to be the ones to do it and it will be 30 yrs or so before our gen actually effects the outcome of laws. Lawmakers and judges right now are from the 50's and are so right wright winged that it isn't funny.

also govt does not want to legalize it because they make way to much money off of the "war on drugs" to legalize it. I know some of you are thinking "but we spend money fighting it" well yes but the money they make off of it is re-god-damn-diculous. if you want i will explain it later. Pot is kind of like alcohol was during prohibition. A lot of people do it and see nothing wrong with it. but right now it is vertually impossible for the government to tax. Think about it how are they gonna tax something that most people would rather grow on their own. Like in prohibition they could not control the production of alcohol so it was made illeagal. Once it was legalized again it was "made" and distributed" by only a few companies that had the government in their pocket. we are right now in the prohibition period of pot. I promise eventually it will be legalized but like i said it is going to be a good while and we will be the ones to do it.

as for what i think i do not care.

#20 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:11 AM

But I HATE hippies. f*cking liberal assholes. (No offence if you are liberal...actually, yea, offence, b*tch!)

u r a dumbass..... :33: but to each his own..... ypu dont think tyler durden was a liberal? you think conservatives liked that movie?

anyhoo it should all be legal, even though i dont smoke it....

Edited by youwerekilled, 18 June 2006 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users