Photo

Suggestions for gun game server (aka server 3)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

Those maps seem pretty good. Have you played any of the maps in the GG server?? They are of similar flavor.

Oh yeah Bots = teH Gay

#22 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

bots= good for training. Not for online games.

#23 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:57 AM

have any of you tried making maps, im begening to learn and its preatty easy.

#24 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

I D/Ld fy_concrete and I like it alot, perfect for gun game.

#25 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

I D/Ld fy_concrete and I like it alot, perfect for gun game.

See? SEE!?!?!? I told you people it is an awesome map for all type of combat. Remember...
IN TYLER WE TRUST! :9:

Any way, if you put that in circulation, shadow, let me know. Ill be back in when my friend gives me the real version of windows.

#26 Zerk

Zerk

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

What do u make maps with?

I have a lot of experience making maps for the Unreal series.

Edited by Zerk, 10 July 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#27 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

open the steam thingy and then select tools and download Source SDK. preatty easy im gona make one one of these days. theres a bunch of websites that help you out with some of the way it works.....after you open it selct hammer editor and in the bottom select counter strike:source. you can also do mods if you have any idea how to.

....dont forget to save often cause i just lost my first map........

Edited by Mandraque, 10 July 2006 - 07:37 PM.

#28 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:34 PM

Ok then this is my little first map so i hope it works...so if any of you want to try it out, go ahead......i dont think the ct spawns work so if the dont tell me and ill try to fix it.....ok it doesnt let me upload .bsp files so......

#29 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:46 PM

See? SEE!?!?!? I told you people it is an awesome map for all type of combat. Remember...
IN TYLER WE TRUST! :9:

Any way, if you put that in circulation, shadow, let me know. Ill be back in when my friend gives me the real version of windows.

if fy_concrete is the same as cs_concrete, then I 2nd it being amazing. Was my favorite map on the first clan I joined's custom map server.

#30 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:02 AM

Download Link or f*ckoff and Die!

#31 Crimedogg32

Crimedogg32

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

Suggestion: I think it would be cool if you had almost a reverse order of the guns with getting the good guns first and pistols and what not last so when people come in a little late they have a fighting chance and harder for the winner who wont get so many easy kills with a machine gun vs a pistol it would be the other way around.

#32 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:36 PM

Here is a download link to a Mega Map Pack (around 700mb), it does have fy_concrete in there and some others some might have listed. Not really sure if this is a pheasible download or not, but he its worth a try.

List of maps in Pack can be found at the link below.. its long, download link for Filefront is there to (i tried to copy it but well, it didn't like me)

http://www.overclock...a-map-pack.html

#33 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:41 PM

Suggestion: I think it would be cool if you had almost a reverse order of the guns with getting the good guns first and pistols and what not last so when people come in a little late they have a fighting chance and harder for the winner who wont get so many easy kills with a machine gun vs a pistol it would be the other way around.

Hell no then the noobs would have the good guns forever and the rounds would last a long time. However, on a lot of the other gun game servers you get a descent gun if you start halfway through the match.

If the leaders are on level 15, you start with a level 7 gun or some sh*t. On our server you start with a pistol. I don't really mind myself, but its not really newbie friendly.

On the other side of things, if people who join halfway throung the match start with sh*tty guns, the game would end that much faster allowing them to start a new game quicker.

#34 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if it allows it, but it would be cool if at minimum you'd always have the gun that half-level of the leader would get you. Even if you started at the same time.. Not sure if that would require significant changes to the actual mod or if its a config setting..

#35 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hell no then the noobs would have the good guns forever and the rounds would last a long time. However, on a lot of the other gun game servers you get a descent gun if you start halfway through the match.

If the leaders are on level 15, you start with a level 7 gun or some sh*t. On our server you start with a pistol. I don't really mind myself, but its not really newbie friendly.

On the other side of things, if people who join halfway throung the match start with sh*tty guns, the game would end that much faster allowing them to start a new game quicker.

Not sure if it allows it, but it would be cool if at minimum you'd always have the gun that half-level of the leader would get you. Even if you started at the same time.. Not sure if that would require significant changes to the actual mod or if its a config setting..

when i join half-way through the game, i start out half of what the leader is... :wtf:

#36 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:59 PM

Yeah thats what I thought happened, but if you started on the map with everyone else, and you still have a glock, you are at a pretty significant disadvantage.

#37 Hoon

Hoon

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

i agree with the nade and glock.. cuz i get really annoyed when i get to nade level... nice suggest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users