• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 J rags

J rags

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

im a noob at photoshop, i mean i know the simple stuff pretty well, i just cant do anything special. like whats the big deal about brushes and how do u use them, and after u download them how do u get them into photoshop. i searched the photoshop folder and didnt see any folder named brushed or anything.

see so far i created this which to me looks alright considering i made it but its just so bland, any1 have any ideas to make it a lil more interesting and/or help with brushes? (i heard deviantART is a good site for brushes but idk)

Posted Image

EDIT: hey look at that im a journey man now :tup:

Edited by J rags, 16 July 2006 - 12:39 AM.

#2 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:12 AM

you want to make it more interesting...then give it a background and mess with the hue (control+u) to make it look better.

Edited by Mandraque, 16 July 2006 - 09:13 AM.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:47 PM

You need to put the brush files in the brush folders, I'd tell you more specifically where the folder is in the photoshop folder, but I'm at my cousin's right now.

#4 J rags

J rags

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

You need to put the brush files in the brush folders, I'd tell you more specifically where the folder is in the photoshop folder, but I'm at my cousin's right now.

just found it, i think, is it in presets?

#5 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:03 AM

Yes, in presets. In Photoshop scroll through the brushes in drop-down menu next to the size box.

Also, you need to look into plugins. Plugins allow you to do a lot more things in Photoshop. I like EyeCandy the best. Search for plugins and you'll find some good ones.

As for making your image more interesting, maybe put a glow around the gun, or give it a heavy shadow. Make it stand out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users