• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

i have an average of 17 fps and i have a brand new computer it is a day old, is that good or bad, it think it is bad but i'm cheaking with you guys, and if it is bad how do i change it -thx- :33:

#2 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:30 PM

17 FPS with a brand new computer doesn't sound good to me. Can you list the specs so we know a little more about the computer?

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, age doesn't mean sh*t. We need to hear specs man.

#4 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

Umm yeah post some specs man.

#5 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

it is a dimension b110
intel celeron d processor 325 (2.53 GHz, 533FSB)
memory = 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
videocard = integraded intel extreme graphics 2
harddrive = 160 GB ultra STA/100 7211RPM

it is weaird because when i run the internet it runs so0o0o smooth, but once i play CSS it is super slow ???

and i'm not that good with knowing what is a "good" computer but my friend has the same one but a lower modal and his runs perfect, idk i just need some asistance right now

#6 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

17 sounds a little low even for that, but I wouldn't expect over 30..

*edit* There's a lot wrong with it. Celerons kind of suck, intel extreme really sucks and 512MB of ram is on the low side for CS:S. Good news is that the hard drive should be fine!

Edited by medel, 19 July 2006 - 10:47 AM.

#7 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

what are the cs setting s set to?............faders,shadows, textures...ect.ect.,,,,,,you might have everything set all the way up and it might just be to much for it???????

then again i don't know that much about it so.......

#8 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:59 AM

Yeah what's wrong is that you have no video card... buy a video card!

#9 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

fdh its prob a pc without a gpu.....sda

Wins for the correct prediction. Please claim your free beer at the claims department.

And yeah, don't expect anything for performance from a computer without a seperate GPU. Right now with intergrated graphics your processor is taking care of all the graphics, meaning it's going to be overworked, and slow. Hence your 17 FPS.

#10 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:20 AM

so the only thing i have to buy is a new grafix card ?

my old computer had a really nice grafics card it was from a stock e-machine computer and i think i might just put that into there, how would i install it ?

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

my old computer had a really nice grafics card it was from a stock e-machine computer and i think i might just put that into there, how would i install it ?

Well it might work, might now. What slot type does the motherboard take for your new computer, and what type is the old graphics card? AGP or PCI-E, or really worse case, PCI? If the mother board doesn't take the same type as your old video card, then your in trouble.

But basically just yank out your old graphics card, and insert it into your new one, and install the drivers for it, and your all set.

#12 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

Well, if the graphics card from the eMachine wasn't integrated (like you have know) you can remove it and put it in the new PC. On the old PC, remove the screws from the back (there should be two big ones you can unscrew with your hands depending on the case) then remove the side of the case. (Usually the left side by pulling or pushing it) Then take a small phil. screw driver, touch the bottom of the PC case inside to ground yourself, then look for the graphics card. It's where you connected your monitor to your PC. It has a blue/white connector that hooked up to the monitor. There is a screw holding it to the case. Unscrew it and carfeully pull it from the motherboard. Once it is out, put the screw back in the case, put the side back on, and put the big screws back in.

Then, do the same case removal with your new PC, and put the new graphics card in. Now hook your PC back up and connect to your new video card. When you get into Windows, you'll be in 640x480 16-bit resolution. Go online and look for the drivers for your card. (www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com)

Install them and restart. Congratulations.

Also, get another 512mb of RAM.

#13 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

Well, if the graphics card from the eMachine wasn't integrated (like you have know) you can remove it and put it in the new PC. On the old PC, remove the screws from the back (there should be two big ones you can unscrew with your hands depending on the case) then remove the side of the case. (Usually the left side by pulling or pushing it) Then take a small phil. screw driver, touch the bottom of the PC case inside to ground yourself, then look for the graphics card. It's where you connected your monitor to your PC. It has a blue/white connector that hooked up to the monitor. There is a screw holding it to the case. Unscrew it and carfeully pull it from the motherboard. Once it is out, put the screw back in the case, put the side back on, and put the big screws back in.

Then, do the same case removal with your new PC, and put the new graphics card in. Now hook your PC back up and connect to your new video card. When you get into Windows, you'll be in 640x480 16-bit resolution. Go online and look for the drivers for your card. (www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com)

Install them and restart. Congratulations.

probably not thumbscrews on a dell. Dell enjoys fun tricks to open cases including buttons, slides and levers.. That aside, make sure to unplug the computer before taking the cards out/putting them in. wait for the LED on the motherboard to turn off before doing anything (once it's unplugged). Seen too many good computers get trashed from crap like that. Funniest being my friend scraping a contact off of a DDR dimm and having half the traces on his motherboard sparkle as they burned.. Still not sure how the f*ck he did that/that happened..

#14 Sacularky

Sacularky

Lurker

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:23 PM

One note of caution: Motherboards with integrated graphics generally do not have an AGP/PCI-E slot, so be sure to check before doing all of that. This is not always the case, but 70% of the time integrated graphics motherboards do not have graphics expanision slots available.

#15 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

videocard = integraded intel extreme graphics 2 = ur reason for low FPS, Integrated Graphics are uber sh*t, worse then laptops...

Id say Take it back, get a System without integrated.

#16 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

it is a dimension b110
intel celeron d processor 325 (2.53 GHz, 533FSB)
memory = 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
videocard = integraded intel extreme graphics 2
harddrive = 160 GB ultra STA/100 7211RPM

it is weaird because when i run the internet it runs so0o0o smooth, but once i play CSS it is super slow ???

and i'm not that good with knowing what is a "good" computer but my friend has the same one but a lower modal and his runs perfect, idk i just need some asistance right now

pray that you have a AGP or PCI-e port on the motherboard. otherwise you will have to buy a regular PCI gfx card. which is not that fast usualy.
or just take the computer and throw at the seller who sold it to you.

#17 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:59 PM

pray that you have a AGP or PCI-e port on the motherboard. otherwise you will have to buy a regular PCI gfx card. which is not that fast usualy.
or just take the computer and throw at the seller who sold it to you.

what the f*ck i do have a PCI, but cant i but an addapter for it ??? if so, what should i but for a good addapter !?!?!?

#18 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

There is No adaptor...

you either have PCI-E, PCI, AGP 4x - 8x , Or integrated.

In your case it appears that you got a typical intel, Integrated graphics Card, Id say f*ck that sh*t man.

How much did you pay for the system?

#19 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

700$

i can't, i have no room lol Posted Image

and i also dont have an AGP port i only have 3 ports and 2 are avauable the other has the sh*ty video card...

Posted Image

also i have an unusual video card, look at the back of it, is that unusual, because i dont know how the f*ck i would hook up a monitar to that !?!?!

i'm so0o0o confused, help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:53 PM

Look on the back of the case. You hook up a monitor to it using the blue or white connector on the outside.

Also, my PC came with integrated graphics. First upgrade was a video card. Intel Integrated is basically just stealing processor speed and RAM to create a built-in graphics card. But yeah, no AGP or PCI-e graphics card for you. Take the PC back. For a refund.

For $700, you could buy nice parts online and hire someone to build it for you.

Hell, I'm building my next PC and the parts on NewEgg run about $750 and that includes an AMD 64 4000+ Processor, 2GB of Ram, an ATI X1800 PCI-e card, the case, mobo, fans, PSU, and 320gb ATA/100 hard drive.

If you're getting a gaming machine, stay away from Intel. Intel sucks.

I hate when people spend lots of money on expensive computers. Damn computer companies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users