34 replies to this topic

#21 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

1: You can get more ram, replace one of the 256 with a gig stick or replace both with 512 sticks.

2: Integrated graphic motherboards have the monitor plug on the motherboard itself. Hence the integrated graphics.

3: Return that piece of sh*t and build something 10x better for the same cash.

#22 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

that unusual gfx card you are talking about is your modem i believe. at least as far as i can see in the pictures. and i don't see any AGP or PCI-e port there. take it back where you bought it. either get a refund and make your own system or ask for something suitable for gaming.

first option is better idea but i think you don't have enough knowledge to build a computer your own. so find someone who can help you.

#23 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

so there is no way i can buy a better graphic card !?!?!?

that unusual gfx card you are talking about is your modem i believe. at least as far as i can see in the pictures. and i don't see any AGP or PCI-e port there. take it back where you bought it. either get a refund and make your own system or ask for something suitable for gaming.

first option is better idea but i think you don't have enough knowledge to build a computer your own. so find someone who can help you.

ya there are only PCI ports, and there are no AGP or PCI-e, i go f*cking scrued over (god damn dell)

can someone find me a graphic card for me and give me the link, if your bord, and if i can get one that will fit into my computer ????

#24 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

All I have to say is Dell Season 3 in W0nderland.

Stay away from Dell. This lesson needs to be taught to everyone. They are overpriced, overrated, and overall are poorly built. I had to learn the hard way after two seasons of this stuff. Return it if you can, say that you are not satisfied or whatever. Then research some parts (ask questions read reviews and stuff), find someone who knows computers (I would suggest posting your list on these forums as many of us do), and finally if the parts are good you need to find someone to build it.

Recently I have seen more and more places starting up that are willing to build your computer for you or shop for parts for you for a commision (still better then dell).

If however, you are out of luck and can't return your Dell becuase, "Hey DUDE . . . you got a dell," start saving for something that is actually worth having. I wouldn't even buy a videocard for that machine becuase if you build another computer (which you should) that video card would not be the one you would want to use on your new rig since it is going to be just PCI and thus is a waste of money.

Dell sucks, and I hope you learned your lesson.

/endrant

#25 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

All I have to say is Dell Season 3 in W0nderland.

Stay away from Dell. This lesson needs to be taught to everyone. They are overpriced, overrated, and overall are poorly built. I had to learn the hard way after two seasons of this stuff. Return it if you can, say that you are not satisfied or whatever. Then research some parts (ask questions read reviews and stuff), find someone who knows computers (I would suggest posting your list on these forums as many of us do), and finally if the parts are good you need to find someone to build it.

Recently I have seen more and more places starting up that are willing to build your computer for you or shop for parts for you for a commision (still better then dell).

If however, you are out of luck and can't return your Dell becuase, "Hey DUDE . . . you got a dell," start saving for something that is actually worth having. I wouldn't even buy a videocard for that machine becuase if you build another computer (which you should) that video card would not be the one you would want to use on your new rig since it is going to be just PCI and thus is a waste of money.

Dell sucks, and I hope you learned your lesson.

/endrant

ya i learnd my lesson, but why must it be meeeeee, i guess i wont be playing for a little while now ...

#26 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

ya i learnd my lesson, but why must it be meeeeee, i guess i wont be playing for a little while now ...

Lol, I reffer you to cleric's adventures with Dell.

Season 1

And currently the number one show on BoSS Season 2.

Cleric knows best. Though, I had a Dell that worked reliably for 3 years, before building my current one. At the end the computer stopped recognizing CD drives. Kinda like what Clerics is doing now.

For everyday users, it's ok, Dell isn't bad. But for gaming they suck, and are extremely overpriced.

#27 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

yeah, Dell is weak like that. They make it even more fun by often suing non-standard crew holes for motherboards and power supplies so you can't upgrade yourself.. My last experience with them was actually spectacular, but that's because it wasn't a computer, and was an LCD (http://www.hardforum...d.php?t=1076139). For reference, I was just building a comp for a friend that ran ~$400 with a 3800+X2, a 7600GT and a gig of ram...

#28 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

there are some 256MB gfx cards for PCI ports. their prices varies between $50 and $80. what i understand so far you can't get rid of your dell. so you might try one of those. mind you their performance is not good as much as PCI-e or AGP. but I believe some of them are better than integrated graphics junks. I can't really recommend any brand or model because i have no idea which one is better. a broad guess would be pricey ones are the better. also you might try to reduce your game resolution a bit to gain some more performance.

Edited by ghozy, 19 July 2006 - 05:12 PM.

#29 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

Man, call dell up and tell them you are going to send that piece of sh*t back. They will give you a refund if you b*tch enough. That is how most retailers are. Come onto the forums and start a thread titled help me find and build my new computer. There are alot of people here that will help you with finding the parts and puting them in. Just send that thing back or I am going to cry.

#30 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

capri, i think you should start crying because i dont think my dad wants to go through all of that dell sh*t, but i'll talk to him did what he is going to say

#31 hurley41

hurley41

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

i need peoples opinion do you think this is a prity good graphiccs card for my case, ... - http://www.tigerdire...e...11&NoMapp=0

-benji-

#32 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

Same thing, but cheaper

Thats probably the best thing you are going to find for pci. Maybe something a little better but not really. It will at least be better than what you have now. You might as well give up on pc gaming if you are going to keep that computer though, because with all of the newer games coming out you aren't really going to be able to run them. That is why you should tell your dad to send it back.

#33 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

i need peoples opinion do you think this is a prity good graphiccs card for my case, ... - http://www.tigerdire...e...11&NoMapp=0

-benji-

Yeah that seems fine. I have a Nvidia Geforce 5200, and it plays CSS and my other games on medium.

#34 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:19 AM

Yeah that seems fine. I have a Nvidia Geforce 5200, and it plays CSS and my other games on medium.

With DirectX 8... lawl, shove that nvidia 5200 up your ass.

#35 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:35 AM

With DirectX 8... lawl, shove that nvidia 5200 up your ass.

Lol it plays fine for now, and i have Direct x 9.0c. :whatever:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users