• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Sacularky

Sacularky

Lurker

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

What do you guys think of the new upcoming source update which changes your radar, putting anyone you see on your entire team's radar, provided you look at them long enough?

I personally think this ruins the stealth aspect of the game. If you are caught creeping around and an enemy sees you but dies, then the whole enemy team knows where you are. Whats the point of even moving stealthily when the entire team knows where you are anyways? I am not resistant to change, in fact i thought the shield was pretty cool despite the problems it caused for game balance. But this? why not just give everyone wall hacks instead? The whole point of CS is movement to confuse the enemy, not just waiting for your teammates to reveal the enemy's position.

Whats your position? I know we should wait before bashing, but the idea of this just sounds bad.

#2 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

sh*t most ghost anyways... personally I think this isnt bad..i think maybe it should only show where that person was last seen

#3 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

^^^excactly what im hoping for...

#4 ace of spades

ace of spades

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

i have no clue but im guessing that you will have to look at the enemy for several seconds b4 they appear on radar. if this is the case then the enemy/you will be dead b4 either of you show up on the respective teems radar

#5 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:18 AM

i think its a good idea...if you look at someone long enough your teamates and bound to know.

#6 100SoCo

100SoCo

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

well i mean in all reality...if you're on a team that sees an enemy in position i believe you'd report it...i think it adds more to realism

#7 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

i have no clue but im guessing that you will have to look at the enemy for several seconds b4 they appear on radar. if this is the case then the enemy/you will be dead b4 either of you show up on the respective teems radar

Yea, dead before 3 secounds...

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

If the enemy is permanently on the radar it would ruin the stealth aspect for sure. But if it just shows where he was last seen it's really great. No more looking around for several minutes for that rotten camper...
Either way the update will actually make the radar somewhat useful.

#9 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

i agreed......i think its a cool idea....but i never use my radar so it would get some use to it.......

#10 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Kinda reminds of SC's multiplayer. As a Merc if you shine your laser on a spy long enough they will temporarily show up on radar, and you can see where they are moving. It's not unbalanced, though, because you have to keep the laser on them for 4 or 5 seconds, and the spy is only tracked for 30 seconds, max. If it was put into CS, it would probably take 3 or 4 seconds for them to show up on the radar, which is way too much time to be out in the open, and will usually ensure your death. Then the person will probably be on radar until death or for a certain and probably short amount of time. Doesn't sound unbalanced to me at all, and it adds to the realism.

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

How does it add to realism? If I looked at you for 5 seconds does that mean I know where you are going to be for the next 15-30 seconds? No. Because you can move. If I saw you in a hallway turning down the next, I don't know if you kept going or stopped in the hallway.

It should be like BF2 where you have a button to say you spotted someone, and they showed up for 3-5seconds. Realistic, and not tracking them, just their last position.

I really hate this idea truely. As most of you know, I shine when I'm the last player left, even when outnumbered. When I'm the last guy I bank of them splitting up to look for me, so I can pick them off without alerting the others so much to my position. If they could see me on the radar, then after one - two guys I have the remaining team mates all rushing towards me at once. Making the last man stand pointless. If your the last guy against 3-5, with that radar system you might as well just type 'kill' in your command console.

#12 Nayr

Nayr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

Exactly what Ezekiel said. The idea of being tracked for an additional 15-30 seconds after the enemy spots you for a certain amount of time is ridiculous. Most rounds go fairly quick, being spotted for the entire round is a ruin to the game. The BF2 radar spot would be much better, this 'supposed' new system is just crap.

#13 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

I agree with that, but if it works like it sounds it's going to, then it will be really hard to pull off, and if you do get tracked on radar by it, you deserve to. What I mean by that is, it seems like you will have to be in the enemy's line of sight for a few seconds at least, let's say 5. If you are in their line of sight that long and don't face them at some point that is the first problem.

For example, lets say a T is camping the projector room, looking at T Spawn. A CT comes in from the storage rooms and sees the T camping in the room, but the T doesn't ever think to turn and look at that door every once in a while, to watch his own back.

The CT should just kill him, and in most cases will, but that's a time where the person who gets nabbed and put on radar deserves too, because they weren't watching out and being careful. That also doesn't mean you should jump around all over the place and try to look everywhere at once, but it does mean you should be more watchful. Always turn around every couple seconds to watch your back, especially when it is you alone against 2 or more enemies. Don't stay in one spot too long, watch all entrances and exits, etc...

I'd still rather not have this radar tracking, but I can see strategic purposes for implementing it. It should stay as it is now, or get the BF2 radar alert, though. I'm just trying to point out times where such a radar would be useful.

#14 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

This update takes out half of what makes a player skilled in this game. I might just stop playing source entirely if they incorporate f*cking wallhacks in the game. Worthless Steam Dev team...

#15 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

I thought thats why we have "Enemy spotted" comm option. It might ruin the game imo.t

Edited by ghozy, 13 August 2006 - 06:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users