27 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

I've really been thinking about what Wyte said...

*a Silent Admin is a good Admin*, So on that note, Lets try to not be so *open* with what we do, Sounds like a good idea that more should follow.

Another thing about that which I'm somewhat Concidering to alter is the Rules about Camping, and whatnot, I Understand that Some people like to camp, a little bit much, So Lets see what we can do to accomidate them, maybe Slap them once or twice and say pick up the pace a bit.

also... about Money on the Servers and whatnot, What shall we do... hmm, 16000 Starting Cash maybe? Any Other Suggestions?

Lemme know what your views on such are, and be serious.

#2 Wolapitor

Wolapitor

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:12 AM

yea i agree with the silent admin and camping rule. 16000 starting cash would be good as well. i think it is a great idea to do all those things. :tup:

#3 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:28 AM

i dont like the 16000 starting caash..i like the pistol round...and the camping...as long as there is allways no sniper rooms and ts can camp proj room(well at least for the begining of the round) then im ok with any changes.

#4 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:48 AM

9/10 times when admin uses powers to the n'th degree is when there are those in sniper rooms. While we hate them, anyone who joins does not know we really really hate them. When they get in the rooms, some admin punishes so badly and cusses them out, why would they come back. Basically they are lucky if they are not banned.

Put sniper rooms back in the game. It's part of the map and should be played. Now, it is a different story if the bastard is hiding behind those barrels or that damn wooden pallet avoiding conflict.

c

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

I agree with what constantine said about camping. As far as the 16000 cash goes.....I dont really like that idea. I dont really think that will bring players in that wouldnt play here anyways. The problem with that is people can just leave then rejoin and get another 16k. That would get annoying IMO.

On the other hand, there is a reason why BoSS servers are so popular. No camping and no annoying retards. I agree wholeheartedly that a silent admin is a good one and that we should ALL work on taking a little softer approach to camping and all. We need to WARN more before we take action. If I join a server in which the admins are constantly f*cking with people ( even just slapping them) I usually leave.

I think we need to focus on the bigger issue: Servers not swhowing up in the server browser and lag issues if they are still present.

#6 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:15 AM

agreed

#7 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, CTs shouldn't be allowed to camp normally anywhere, but if the Ts decide to rush, the CTs should be able to camp in garage for a little bit.

Someone breaks a rule, they get slayed, they get mad and yell at the admins, the get kicked/banned. I've seen it happen several times. Let's loosen up a little bit and warn like shlonky said.

#8 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

If one team is allowed to camp at any time they wish (t's) it is not fair to the other team if they aren't even allowed to hold a choke point like garage to not let any t's through... It's not really even camping, if the ct's just hold garage then they can't win because no one is getting the hosties, and the t's could just you know... leave and walk around them.. ct's should really be able to hold garage, it's not really camping...

Camping is people sitting in sniper rooms behind boxes... or t's just sitting in a tree or anywhere where it's really hard to hit them.... and about cash, it was discussed before and i was saying that if a team is loosing bad and all they can afford is pistols or shotguns, just give that team (or everyone) cash! 90% of the admins came in here and were like yeah we do that! and hmmm... like there are like 2 admins that do that maybe sometimes...

Clif Notes: Ct's be allowed to camp if t's can camp at any time anywhere, and give cash to people when everyone starts running out... IMO admins should just play with their team without giving cash to themselves (except maybe in the beggining or something) and when they seem to be running out of cash, it means the rest of the team is running out too so just give everyone cash at that time.

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

In all due respect the CTs have a goal to complete, camping should not be an option. Defending is one thing, but the sniper rooms are only good for camping. I do agree that insta-slay for sniper rooms is probably not a good idea though, just give them a "nudge" and an admin message, if they don't move, you know what to do lol.

I think 16k starting cash is absolutely horrible idea. but maybe alittle more than 800 is in place. I just don't want people to run around with AKs and M4s the first round, then it really doesn't matter who wins the round.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

IMO the whole camping "rules" thing is completely retarded and is not even worth debating. We like fast gameplay and if a player is holding up fast gameplay it is BAD.

Camping behind boxes and out of sight areas slows down gameplay horribly. Whether they are Ts or CTs doesnt matter.

#11 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

yeabut when the servers are full camping works alot better. garage or proj room....if its allowd though the admins should tell a team to stop if theyr doing it every round.

#12 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

How about the "If you stop running, even to reload, you're banned" rule?

That would be schweeeeeeeeeeeet.

#13 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

Well, there have been some arguments about the cash thing. I will sometimes give cash to BoSS members (that is, everyone in the game with "boss" in their name) or to someone if they ask.

Some admins agree that I should and some tell me I shouldn't. We need a decision.

#14 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

I agree with Frag. Ct's have to rescue the hosties. T's can't camp, really, but defend. The difference? If a T stays in projector room with the hosties, he is defending the objective. If a T hides at snowman, f*ck him. T's shouldn't just hide anywhere waiting for a victim to come by.
And with ct's, it is ok to hold garage. If the t's full out rush then the ct's can take cover behind the dumpster. As soon at the t's stop rushing, the ct's need to get the f*ck up and get the damn hosties.
Going into sniper room doesn't help the hosties.

#15 YoJiMbO

YoJiMbO

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

I would appreciate the $ upfront instead of every admin(and nearly everyone on being admin) constantly giving out $ to ev1...not that the extra flow isnt cool, but always having 16000 kinda defeats the purpose of buying weapons. It also allows the less skilled to aquire paras...something which gets annoying when ur tryin to use a deagle. Just my 2 cents...

#16 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

16000 is a little to much for starting, but they should get enough to buy a rifle, you know if someone just joins the games and everyones got a Ak or a M4 and they got a pistol, But not enough to buy kevlar or nades. Just Rifle and Ammo, thats all. Camping, i think sniper room should be allowed, say your getting rushed and you need to hide and get your ground back, There could be like a 10 sec time limit to the sniper room or something, so they can go in but not stay or else it gets cheap. Now Ct's camping, i agree that if the T's are rushing then they should be able to camp, They do have a objective. But camping in sniper rooms isnt helping the hosties, i rarely see T's outside anyway. Or that could be just me not being out there becuse im dead all the time. Well just my opnion.

#17 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

Go play @ the up in smoke servers for a game or two and you'll see what keeps people playing.

They have 24/7 office, 24/7 custom maps, 24/7 gun game.

Seriously... it's freaky how much they are like boss, but a bit different attitude.

They have flashes though... so that's queer.

#18 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

As far as the cash goes, 16k would suck. I say we give 1500 or 2000 (enough to buy helmet and decent pistol). The camping argument will never end, so i wont get in to that.

#19 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:08 PM

Enough for a Helmet and descent pistol/ammo wouldnt be a bad idea. You know all us admins cheat anyways. At least with the armor and deagle ammo. :1:

Still though this is not the biggest problem. Right before our Ips changed server 1 and 3 were hoppin. The gun game server ALWAYS had players in it.

May be a good idea to call server 3 "Gun Game" instead of "GG mod" cuz a lot of people are stupid and without knowing what gun game was wouldnt be likely to play in a "GG Mod" server.

#20 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

I agree CT's shouldn't camp. the rule of CT's defending garage is ok as long as they are out of the garage in a min after the round has started.

T's should be able to camp/defend the objective.

T's should not be able to camp sniper rooms as well IMO.

admins do need to warn the person who is in the sniper room or camping to move. I slap them if they don't move after I tell them. I don't slay someone until its the third time theygo in there and have been told numerous times not to go in there.

Also the no sniper room rule should be on the MOTD. matter of fact all the rules should be on the MOTD so if an AHole has a question we can tell them to type "MOTD" and then there is no questions. Now if they continue to be an AHOLE after we tell them to read the MOTD then we can take action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users