27 replies to this topic

#21 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

i would just like $0 for the first round...after the first round just pay up or somethings.....maybe im the only one that thinks like taht though...

#22 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

I have to agree with Nagash there. MOTD rules display for the win. I also like changing the name of the gun game server to better clarify it for players.

#23 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:19 PM

well if you ever change starting cash, make sure people is not logging off then on to get some cash. or going spec and coming back which has similar efect.

#24 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:49 PM

i like how the servers have been lately. seems like a more friendly environment. i always liked the no camping rules, but this will keep new players coming back.

#25 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

I think all the ideas sound good.
Maybe we can REALLY put a three strikes policy into minor things like camping/blocking/annoying sh*t.

As for bashing admins and fellow boss members, it should be zero tolerance.

#26 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

I don't agree with CT camping, because like has been said it really slows things down in terms of round times, and for the obvious reason that camping means that they are ignoring the objective. Granted if the Ts are doing full on rushes I have no problems with CTs sitting back for a minute or so in garage to try and stop the rush, it would be silly to force them to run outside to their death.

On the other side of the coin I agree with what someone said here about T camping (I forget who).. Ts "camping" the back office hosties and the PJ hosties are one thing, Ts camping in trees/snipers/snowman are an entirely different story, and they too should be nudged along.

I usually tell people at least twice to get moving out of sniper before I do anything to 'em. After all you can't punish someone too much for being in there when there was absolutely no way that they could have known.

Suggestion: Anyone around here know how to create/edit maps? We could run a "custom" version of office that simply removes the doors to the sniper rooms and the windows of those rooms, replacing them with stone. Problem gone. Just a thought.

Edited by Xiertic, 17 August 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#27 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

I could do that no problem. But it's not the best idea. People aren't going to want to download a version of Office with some minor things changed to lower the amount of camping. We could, however, use Mani to show decals such as "Camping in here is grounds for punishment!"

#28 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

I don't really have an opinion on the cash thing, though it would be nice, but we really do have to get a decent opinion on the camping sh*t. BoSS members have been banned because they stood around too long (anyone remember Kilroy?), and while that may not be the rule or the case any more, they remain banned, and with that image of the BoSS servers as an anti-stop server. While I'm all for no sniperooms, the punishments need a bit of delaying time, and the no-camp rule needs to be looked at.

But I honestly think that, other than that, the server isn't doing that bad. Especially since there's no snipers. But that's my personal bias again there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users