16 replies to this topic

#1 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

Ok, as a die hard sniper in BF2, I'm so sick of losing kills because EA thinks sniper rifles should be balanced. f*ck that. A .50 cal sniper rifle should not be survivable not matter where the hell you get hit. The thing can rip a man in half from a mile away. It can rip through APCs armor, rip through nearly 2 ft of concrete, disable lightly armored vehicals. IT EVEN SEMI AUTOMATIC!

But nooooo... if we put in a .50 cal sniper rifle in a game claimed as a realistic combat game, it can't be allowed to kill in one hit except in the head, where EVERY DAMN WEAPON CAN KILL IN 1 HIT! And we have to make it bolt action too, because semi automatic would be too overpowered.

f*cking basterds, stop supressing snipers, and make them what they are, effective 1 shot, stealthy killers that destroy enemy moral damnit. Allow people to die in one hit, allow us to disable jeeps with a shot to the engine capartment.

Sorry, even after a short session of BF2, after seeing a few targets slip away after hitting them as they're running around pisses me off.

The true .50 cal sniper rifle, how it should be.

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

agreed, if you were to shoot at a person with a .50 (illegal via Geneva convention...supposidly) you don't even have to hit them. If you miss by less than a foot it would tear a limb off(what ive heard, i geuss what they mean is that there is absoluetley NO grazing someone with one of these). that is one reason i do not play bf2. I only like to play as a sniper or SF and its annoying finding a good pos and having to hit someone 3-4 times to kill them

Edited by Billy Pumper, 20 August 2006 - 11:23 PM.

#3 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

Ezekiel i cant begin to tell you how much i agree with you. I got about 250 hours in on bf2 and i cant tell you how much i was disapointed when i got the m95 as my first or second unlock. I always thought that EA/Dice f*cked up one of the weapons that could have been a game changing weapon. Think about it if the 50 cal. did what it should do you would have to take a whole new approach to some of those maps.

#4 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:09 AM

if you want a super duper ultra realistic war game download americas army :>.<:

they have an update out where they have humvees and maybe apc's? and the 50 cal is one hit one kill...And semi-auto, and a lot of details with other weapons as well its the most realistic war game I know of so far.

#5 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:05 PM

everyone hates snipers :tup:
But I do agree that EA are assholes.

#6 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:33 PM

In a lot of games where snipers CAN pull off one shot kills though, everyone and their mother starts playing as a sniper and you have like practically nobody going for objectives and/or being medics. And the few that do, well, they get sniped. (I prefer to play a medic, so I know how that is first hand.)

I can see both sides of the arguement I guess, not too sure where I stand on this one. Sure it's more realistic if there are one shot kills, but in a way I'm not too saddened to give up realism for the sake of keeping the game running smooth instead of everyone zerging to be a fotm type character.

/shrug

Edited by Xiertic, 21 August 2006 - 02:34 PM.

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

It's not the fact that snipers aren't one hit kill that I'm b*tching about. It's the fact that they made the most important inventions of the war on Iraq so horrible. What's the point in having a weapon in a decently accurate war game, when you change every damn aspect of the gun except the caliber? Don't even f*cking put it in the game if it's too powerful. Get some other weaker weapon to stick in there. Don't insult a technological marval because it's too good. That'd be like making jets stay on the ground because the ability to fly is too great an advantage over ground vehicals.

#8 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:50 PM

It's not the fact that snipers aren't one hit kill that I'm b*tching about. It's the fact that they made the most important inventions of the war on Iraq so horrible. What's the point in having a weapon in a decently accurate war game, when you change every damn aspect of the gun except the caliber? Don't even f*cking put it in the game if it's too powerful. Get some other weaker weapon to stick in there. Don't insult a technological marval because it's too good. That'd be like making jets stay on the ground because the ability to fly is too great an advantage over ground vehicals.

Ah I see. Yes now that I can agree with, there are plenty of "weak" snipers they could have put in instead. Guess I just mistook you, my bad.

#9 zepto

zepto

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Games also leave out other aspects of sniper rifles that make them less realistic.

For example, in bf2, you can sprint while carrying your m95 for a good distance, despite the thing weighing like 70 lbs. Also, in games like bf2 and cs, you can fire 50 cal rifles standing up. HA! That would kill you in real life. If you want your rifle to be powerful like in real life, you should have to get the real consequences. You should only be able to shoot it while prone, deal with the effects of drag and gravity over long distances, and not be able to bunny hop around with it.

If those were implemented, everyone would stop sniping, despite being able to dismember a guy in one shot every time.

#10 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:16 AM

just having to focus your scope would cut the # of snipers in half..

#11 dragon_morta

dragon_morta

Lurker

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:22 AM

well i agree with all of you its good and its bad i think ea saw how it would be if they made it a real 50. cal, alot of us that can aim decently close would quite literally rape everyone on bf 2. but hell i think if they riped off a lim or two that would be BOSS

Edited by dragon_morta, 23 August 2006 - 03:23 AM.

#12 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

I agree with Dragon. We all wish the sniper would be a one hit kill, and the snipers in this game SHOULD be a one hit kill, but I guess EA thinks thats too powerful and unbalanced. Dragon and I were sniping last night and I know that it really pissed me off every time I would plug a guy in the chest and he would still keep running. BF2 has no bullet travel time either, so if my cursor is on the enemies head and I pull the trigger he should be down, but that doesn't happen often either, probably due to lag. So yeah, EA definitely does hate snipers.

#13 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

I don't even bother with snipers in BF2. Spec Ops ftw! I got my sniping badges by being commander. :evilgrin:

EA=Giving you buttsecks without you knowing about it
Valve=Passin' the pipe around

EA does things the way it wants...and releases updates...slowly.
Valve is completely oblivious to what its customers want after the product is released.

#14 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

i know how `/ou feel, i7 700k 2 headsho7s 7o kill someone... A 50 cal can blow someones head off and kill anone wi7h one sho7, 7he`/ SHOULD bu7 i doub7 7he`/ will..

#15 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

^^^ English please....

I think the .50 should be a one shot kill if it is relatively well placed (anywhere in the torso) because the .50 is THE FIFTY. However, it is kinda unfair to say that BF2 is realistic cuz its not. If I shoot you in the chest with a .223 (m16) or 7.62x39 (ak) you are pretty much f*cked and are, most likely, gonna die anyways.

A .50 which shoots 600 grain or larger bullets at insane velocities would still cut someone in half if it used hollow points. I think that BF2 should have used the .50 as an extreme long range weapon. IE :Make it really sh*tty at anything inside a coupla hundred yards, and at range make it hard ti hit something.

A real .50 can hit and kill someone at 1000 yards if they are REALLY talented and lucky. Theres so many variables to consider when shooting at a range like that. Bullet drop compensation and wind to name a few. Lobbing bullets at someone in BF2 halfway across the map would be fun as hell. Bounce a few rounds right in front of someones feet, compensate, then BOOM HEADSHOT!! :1:

Fact of the matter is that I was excited when I unlocked the fifty (even though I rarely play as sniper) and was very dissapointed.........

#16 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

I agree with Dragon. We all wish the sniper would be a one hit kill, and the snipers in this game SHOULD be a one hit kill, but I guess EA thinks thats too powerful and unbalanced. Dragon and I were sniping last night and I know that it really pissed me off every time I would plug a guy in the chest and he would still keep running. BF2 has no bullet travel time either, so if my cursor is on the enemies head and I pull the trigger he should be down, but that doesn't happen often either, probably due to lag. So yeah, EA definitely does hate snipers.

FYI BF2 has bullet travel time. Every bullet has a speed and gravity drop. I believe all of the gravity effects are turned to 0 in default BF2, but I can't remember. In Vietnam the sniper rifles had gravity effects on the bullets, but pretty much nothing else did.. and they changed it with some of the patches.......

#17 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

^^^ English please....

Heh, his keyboard is busted right now, he's gonna get a new one soon. Til then he can only really type in leetspeak. Fortunately all his buttons for his games work though.

FYI BF2 has bullet travel time. Every bullet has a speed and gravity drop. I believe all of the gravity effects are turned to 0 in default BF2, but I can't remember. In Vietnam the sniper rifles had gravity effects on the bullets, but pretty much nothing else did.. and they changed it with some of the patches.......

Oh, all right, I was misinformed then. I was told when I got BF2 that there was no bullet travel time and that when sniping, if your crosshair was on the target's head, no matter how far away he was, and you pulled the trigger, he would go down, even if he was running, because there was no travel time. Now that I know there is I can probably be a bit better of a sniper, even though EA still hates them.

(Run-on sentences FTW!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users