25 replies to this topic

#21 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

Ok, so i was playing on server one,i didnt see anyone with a sniper, all i got was flashbanged. But The new radar, truly wasnt half bad, it was sort of distracting with all the "x"'s, but i liked the new look of it, it was more detailed, as distracting as it was. The bugs, im sure they are gonna work those out soon with all the people complaining, But i do disagree with ALL the players complaing they should'nt have realsed it.

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 26 August 2006 - 09:05 PM.

#22 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

Ok, so i was playing on server one,i didnt see anyone with a sniper, all i got was flashbanged. But The new radar, truly wasnt half bad, it was sort of distracting with all the "x"'s, but i liked the new look of it, it was more detailed, as distracting as it was. The bugs, im sure they are gonna work those out soon with all the people complaining, But i do disagree with ALL the players complaing they should'nt have realsed it.

I just don't understand though how you can like it when it provides at least two new ways to tell where someone is that you didn't have before. It makes things much easier, there is no disputing that. I guess some people are okay with some of the challenge factor being taken away.

Edit: I can't spell.

Edited by Xiertic, 28 August 2006 - 11:01 PM.

#23 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:19 PM

Right, after my mistake of posting that I liked the new radar in any way, I've been shoved out as the devil's advocate. f*ck that.

I honestly think that the main problem is the length of time you have to look at a person to fix them on the radar. It's too short right now, making it sh*t-ass easy to get someone on your radar so you can stalk them till doomsday. The graphics update, in my opinion, was sorely needed by the old radar, if the new stare-and-fix tactic was not. It's distracting ass hell from the new colors, but maybe now more people will actually use the radar. I know most of the people here did anyhow, but the radar in my opinion was a sorely underappreciated and slightly underpowered aspect of CS:S before. Some, like Billy, had the skill to use the radar well before. But a lot of people did not, and not all those people who did not are flaming noobs.

As for the bugs, Valve is gonna fix those or witness a huge-ass player drop, which in never good for any game's rep. It will be done, for the sake of the fact that Valve is very much a capitalist company and relies on profits.

And I personally say that despite whatever b*tching and moaning may occur now, I believe that we will find the true legends of the game are the ones who can adjust and move on, and continue to kick ass. Not the ones who quit because of something changing- I don't care how big the change. I, at any rate, won't let this stop me- I'll gladly feed a noob my shotgun stock on Office, radar or no.

Spetznaz FTW.

P.S. If I have offended anyone in this post I apologize. I'm also not pointing any fingers at anyone or making any examples of certain players here. I'm generalizing.

Offensive content is not my intent.

Edit- Thank god, I managed to kill it.

Edited by Communist, 17 September 2006 - 12:46 PM.

#24 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

HA! legends of the game. The radar basically allows any noob with eyeballs and a decent aim to be a legend.

I tried playing a few days ago. And I was having a shoot out with 2 Ts vs me in T spawn. I watched as one of the Ts I was shooting at in Proj room run towards the paper room, and instantly knew he was heading to flank me.

What kind of sh*t is that. TELL ME ONE f*cking INSTANCE IN LIFE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW THAT KIND OF sh*t JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE FOR 3 SECONDS!

Basically, the radar takes out all skill required except twitch aiming skills.

Noob b*tching FTL! :tdown:

#25 Buck_Shot

Buck_Shot

Dissovowed

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

HA! legends of the game. The radar basically allows any noob with eyeballs and a decent aim to be a legend.

nuff said!

#26 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:39 AM

I tried playing a few days ago. And I was having a shoot out with 2 Ts vs me in T spawn. I watched as one of the Ts I was shooting at in Proj room run towards the paper room, and instantly knew he was heading to flank me.

What kind of sh*t is that. TELL ME ONE f*cking INSTANCE IN LIFE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW THAT KIND OF sh*t JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE FOR 3 SECONDS!

Basically, the radar takes out all skill required except twitch aiming skills.

Noob b*tching FTL! :tdown:

Ez, THANK YOU for saving me the trouble of having to type all that out myself. 100% agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users