#21 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

I can't wait for it!
But they delayed it, originally it was supposed to be Q4 this year but now its Q4 NEXT year...or maybe it was originally...I dunno.

Good grief I hope to Hell it's not q4 2007, I'll have lost all interest in the damn thing by then.

#22 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

THAT JUST REMINDED ME!!!

UT2k7-PC

#23 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

THAT JUST REMINDED ME!!!

UT2k7-PC

I don't know, I can't seem to get too hyped for this one, never been too big on the UT games.. This one *is* supposed to be quite different though, so time will tell.

#24 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:09 AM

According to IGN Spore has a European release date set for January '07 so maybe it won't come out too late.

#25 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

UT stopped with UT. All the clones are just graphics improvements... very weak.

#26 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:56 AM

UT stopped with UT. All the clones are just graphics improvements... very weak.

UT2004 was a bit better, the new mode (I forget the name, onslaught maybe?) was cliche but still pretty fun, and the vehicles added a lot to it. Still though, it's really primitive compared to a lot of shooters that are out. I'll give it a fair try when 2007 comes out though, you never know.

#27 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

UT2004 was a bit better, the new mode (I forget the name, onslaught maybe?) was cliche but still pretty fun

If you are reffering to 'Assault' that mode it was not in the original Unreal, but it was in UT, and I dare say one of the only improvements that came with UT.
UT is still classic though, while the other games are cheap copies.

#28 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

If you are reffering to 'Assault' that mode it was not in the original Unreal, but it was in UT, and I dare say one of the only improvements that came with UT.
UT is still classic though, while the other games are cheap copies.

Nah assualt mode was like a storyish mission mode. Onlsaught is where there were points to capture (like in the Battlefield games). After you had control of all the control points on the map (or at least had control of a line of them leading toward the enemy base) you could attack the enemy base and try to destroy it. There were also drivable vehichles, both air and ground. It's actually really fun every now and then, though still not really something I'd play all the time.

#29 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

Nah assualt mode was like a storyish mission mode. Onlsaught is where there were points to capture (like in the Battlefield games). After you had control of all the control points on the map (or at least had control of a line of them leading toward the enemy base) you could attack the enemy base and try to destroy it.

That's exactly what Assauslt was.. Except for the vehicles.

#30 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

That's exactly what Assauslt was.. Except for the vehicles.

Eh, actually the two modes are VERY, VERY different. If you played' 'em *both* you would know what I mean. I guess they do in a few way sound similar, but they aren't at all.

#31 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Agreed. Assault was like *OMG SPAM THE NEXT OBJECTIVE OMG H4X!!!!!!!* whereas Onslaught you had to control the points back and forth. It was hella easier to retake points and less a rush fest than Assault.

Personally I liked both, but Onsl*ght or CTF were by far my two favorite game types. When my servers stopped hosting UT I stopped playing. Cain's Lair ftw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users