21 replies to this topic

#1 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

My GF watches MTV all the time and I can't believe the garbage that they play on that channel. MTV used to kick ass back in the day (early 1990s) They actually played MUSIC VIDEOS. Holy sh*t any of you guys remember that??

Now a days the only music videos that they play are during a 15 minute show that somehow crams like 10 videos into it. They only play 30 seconds of a video. WTF?? Not only that but the sh*t that they play is absolutely awefull for our youth to be watching.

12 and 13 year old girls watch MTV and are taught the values that you have to be a dumb rich sl*t to be cool.

That Paris Hilton would make a great role model for my kids (I dont have any now thank god)

:tdown:

#2 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

Haven't watched MTV since the original celebrity deathmatch was on. I havent watched 30 min of TV in like the past month though...

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

What are you talking about? Don't you see the good quality television for what it is? How else will your kids know how get a car and pimp their ride if not for MTV. How will they know how to date and have relationships if not for The Real World, Road Rules, Date my Mom, Room Raiders, and many other high quality programs. They certainly won't know anything about credit and how to spend their moeny . . . oh sorry I meant "YOUR" money wisely if they don't watch Cribs and Sweet 16. How will they know how to defend themselves if not for that show with the foriegn kid form That 70s Show having your mom joke rap offs in ghetto car garages with a nice Ferrai parked in the background.

You can't go to VH1 for this kind of programming. I mean look at what they have. Celebraty Fit Club is a show saying it is okay to be fat and lazy as long as you are rich and where once popular. You don't see that out of shows like the Osbournes. TLC . . . don't make me laugh. While they may have all those build it yourself and make over shows, nothing they have can compete with MTV's Made. Where else will your kids learn that if you have a goal, half ass try and achieve it, and have a motivating Celeb baking you that you can do anything . . . . . . . . . . as long as you fail somewhat at the end so taht we understand the moral of trying is for losers.

Owww the old arguement for where did my music videos go. They are still here. Sure you may have to get up at 4 am or switch over to MTV 2 but don't forget about the quality TRL shows and Spring Break Beach Houses. What else will your kids do on their Spring Break if not watch others have fun. Also the NFL was just jealous of MTV's half time show becuase they are edgy and pushes the boundaries of sexual censorship. Its not like they used a gay man to putt the FCC in such a bind.

If this is not MTV then MTV is not for me.

Yeah Shlonky MTV sucks balls now. I miss Beaves and Butthead and watching real music videos all day. Where have you gone MTV?

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

Yeah Shlonky MTV sucks balls now. I miss Beaves and Butthead and watching real music videos all day. Where have you gone MTV?

the only thing i watch is.

history channel
cartoon network
nick@night
discovery channel
espn
news channels
FX
and occasionally TBS

f*ck USA (the network not the country, god just typing that made me feel bad....f*ck those assholes for usingt our countries name and sucking balls so badly) too they used to be good

#5 monsterWorkAccount

monsterWorkAccount

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

MTV used to play nirvana, metallica, and all kinds of cool music videos.... almost all day.

I refuse to watch that garbage now.

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

it fails horribly because corporations took it over and made it gay, Blame Advertising and Greed.

#7 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

yea what shadow said...they suk now.

#8 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

I hate that channel, all it is, is preps with problems, PWP. All like "omfg my nails borke, Everyone around me has to feel bad for me." or "Abacrobie and finch's pants are so yesturday blah..blah blah..." I hate it, yea, they used to be good. But i cant, CANT stand preps who need to spend 60$ on a pair of pants, i buy walmart, i can get 60 pairs of pants for 60$ there, All i watch is

National Geogaphic
History channel
G4 tv
Discovory Channel
Nike@nite
Adult Swim.

#9 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

I hate that channel, all it is, is preps with problems, PWP. All like "omfg my nails borke, Everyone around me has to feel bad for me." or "Abacrobie and finch's pants are so yesturday blah..blah blah..." I hate it, yea, they used to be good. But i cant, CANT stand preps who need to spend 60$ on a pair of pants, i buy walmart, i can get 60 pairs of pants for 60$ there, All i watch is

National Geogaphic
History channel
G4 tv
Discovory Channel
Nike@nite
Adult Swim.

Listen I hate MTV just as much as the next guy ( actually I watch MTV2 sometimes when it rarely shows Headbangers Ball ) but do not dis my pants.

Lol.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

$60 is cheap for a pair of pants now a days (hell even I have 60 pants).

If you want to be like those f*cks on MTV try spending $300-500. :33:

#11 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

National Geogaphic
History channel
G4 tv
Discovory Channel
Nike@nite
Adult Swim.

As far as the pants thing goes, $60 can sometimes be seen as a good deal, considering how expensive sh*t is nowadays, but to most normal people, like me, it's still a lot, lol (I think mine cost like $25 or $30 a pair, so I have like 3 or 4 pairs and I wear them over and over again). Most of those preppy, sandblasted, bleached, or torn jeans cost $100 and up, which is RIDICULOUS! If you want f*cking torn jeans, get some $10 ones from Walmart and tear or cut them. When the f*ck did people stop buying normal pairs of jeans and shorts, without tears or marks or jewels or all that other BS on them?

And I agree, MTV FTL! They used to be good when they had Beavis and Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch, maybe a few other shows, and then sh*tloads of music videos. Now MTV is prep central. :tdown:

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

Everyone knows vh1 kicks mtv's ass.. its just the way it is. ever since they came out w/mtv2, they never play videos on mtv unless its the hrs b/w 12-8am...

f*ck made, f*ck parental control, f*ck all that gay sh*t. i agree.

#13 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

They ought to at least change the name. There's, what, 30 minutes of music videos in 24 hours of programming? Not even. And yet it's still Music TeleVision. They ought to call it STV- sh*t TV.

History Channel
Discovery Channel
SOME Cartoon Network
Even LESS Nickelodion
TCM
AMC

I don't watch that much TV, but what little I watch goes props to the History Channel. Modern Marvels and Mail Call FTW, b*tches!

#14 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

cartoon network takes it up the ass ever since athf made their movie n stopped making episodes....

#15 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:49 PM

Cribs and Sweet 16.

Two of the reasons the rest of the world hates us.

These "women" could not survive for three minutes in the world if you took away their credit cards, rich parents, and all of their sh*t.

Then again, being spoiled rich does have its advantages. because "at least the girls can take solice in the fact that their friends like them for who they are, and not for their money, right?"

#16 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:21 PM

sometimes i watch sweet sixteen cause i think its funny as fuk...even if its not meant to be...dam rich people....

#17 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

I don't watch that much TV, but what little I watch goes props to the History Channel. Modern Marvels and Mail Call FTW, b*tches!

Booya! Mail Call FTW!

Two of the reasons the rest of the world hates us.

These "women" could not survive for three minutes in the world if you took away their credit cards, rich parents, and all of their sh*t.

Thats a good idea for a show!, Take away everything and see what they do!
EDIT: you could make it a betting game, see what one gives up and has a panic attack becuse they cant afford A/F, Its perfect, 10$ on the blond!

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 31 August 2006 - 08:55 PM.

#18 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

i know a guy that can live a month in the wild, how about a show on that mtv?

#19 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

Mail Call is fun, 'cause Ermey is such a beast! :20:.

MTV has been sh*t for god knows how many years. Seems to me that it all started with 'Jackass', although a great show, a thousand shows with similar idiocy followed, it was only fun the first time... Today 10 mins of watching MTV will turn your brain to mush. I actually didn't know they don't play music videos anymore. It's sad I guess, but then again the music they played was complete crap, so no big loss.
Hell, most of TV today is as sh*tty as MTV... Don't even get me started on what a degenerate piece of sh*t channel Discovery has turned into :kill:

#20 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

I actually think the music they play now is complete crap. I liked some of the old stuff. Now it's just almost exclusively bad Pop, bad Rap, and bad R&B, with a crappy or emo rock song thrown in every 20 songs. And it takes like 5 weeks to get to that 20th song, and then they play a 30 second clip of it. What the hell happened to all the GOOD music? Where's the Hard Rock, the Techno, the classic 80's and early 90's Rock, or maybe even the occasional Punk song? Hell, what happened to the music period?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users