#1 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

http://www.tomshardw...on_the_rampage/

AMD better hurry the f*ck up and come up with something. These new intel are looking nice.

Edited by Ezekiel, 10 September 2006 - 10:19 PM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Meh, if you've learned anything about technology races between corperate companies. It's not who invents something first. It's who puts out the slightly more powerful version only a month after to get power hungry wh*res to buy theres because it's slightly more powerful.

#3 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

the quadro is much faster than the Core 2 duo is certain in certain test.......in some like 2X+ the peformance of the duo...and the quadro still isnt 100% functioning with some stuff....but i wont buy though, im poor

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:37 PM

the quadro is much faster than the Core 2 duo is certain in certain test.......in some like 2X+ the peformance of the duo...and the quadro still isnt 100% functioning with some stuff....but i wont buy though, im poor

That's another part of it. You put out an uber fast processor that's expensive as hell, while neglecting your average user consumer base, then you don't have squat. Intel puts out fast processor that only 3% of the market are able to afford, while AMD keeps up with it's large spectra consumer base processors that are cheaper and better then Intel's line.

Now tell me, who's going to be the more economically sucessful company?

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

Obviously AMD, but thats because they are good all around, and very affordable for even a good gaming rig.

f*ck, an AMD 64 3400 is dirty cheap, mix n match with a cheapo ATi and some generic Corsair Ram and you got a primo system for 700-1000 USD, thats good imo, probably getting cheaper too.

#6 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:50 AM

Obviously AMD, but thats because they are good all around, and very affordable for even a good gaming rig.

f*ck, an AMD 64 3400 is dirty cheap, mix n match with a cheapo ATi and some generic Corsair Ram and you got a primo system for 700-1000 USD, thats good imo, probably getting cheaper too.

Exactly, like I said. A smart company targets the dependable, large market. With a super processor like Intel is making there, you wont make money, because the market for it just insn't there.

#7 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:19 AM

LOL. Did you look at those benchmarks. Yeah the quad core performed 2x better at certain programs. Like benchmarking programs. Specifically ones that test the processor itself. But in applications and games that actually matter. It did rather sh*tty imo. Barely outdoing the core 2 x6800. Come the f*ck on! Its a goddamn quad core processor. Should be showing better benchmarks than that. Intel needs to go back to the drawing boards with that piece of sh*t.

That's another part of it. You put out an uber fast processor that's expensive as hell, while neglecting your average user consumer base, then you don't have squat. Intel puts out fast processor that only 3% of the market are able to afford, while AMD keeps up with it's large spectra consumer base processors that are cheaper and better then Intel's line.

Now tell me, who's going to be the more economically sucessful company?

I have stated before that I am not a fanboy of intel or amd. I would basically buy from whoever has the better processor between the two whenever I am building a new system. That is what I have always done and will continue to do.

With that said, you should take a look at THESE benchmarks ezekiel.

After you look at that, take a look HERE and HERE.

The first month intel released that specific processor that I linked to, it sold out almost immediately when the stores were restocked. And they continue to sell sh*t loads of them. Doesn't seem like they are doing too bad economically with there fx-62 killer(s). In case you didn't notice, its also a whole lot cheaper. :1:

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hmm, the impression I got from Man was that it wasn't still out. With the fact it doesn't work with some programs.

But whatever, I stand somewhat corrected.

#9 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:58 PM

it comes out in a month or two and that isnt even an official version from intel....but they dont say how they got it...the quadro does do well in most encoding benchmarks, making it selleble(??) to people in the media...but w/e i posted the article so you would read it.

#10 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

exactaly.. the other day i went on newegg and just looked up some random parts (because my computer might melt down) i found an am2 mobo with 3 pci slots, 2 pci express x1, and 1 pci express x16 with 4 ddr2 ram slots.. plus 1 gig of ddr2 ram, plus an AMD am2 socket 3800+, plus a 7600 512mb video card.. plus a 250gb sata 3gbps hd... all for $468...

#11 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

a core 2 is pretty cheap as well.... the lowest model outperforms the best AMD ... and AMD now has to integrate ATI into the MIX... Im owned Amd ever since the first 64 CPU came out... but Hector Ruiz is a moron whose a wallstreet wh*re for short term gains... There will also be a celeron dual core soon based off the Core 2 process ...

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

yeah the new x1950xtx's are out for the am2's.. amd'll catchup, they always do.

#13 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

It will be a full chip cycle for AMD too catch up.... and that should end in around 2008 .. and thats if intel wont have any new tech by then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users