Photo

What kind of Gun Game server Modifications do you want to see?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which mods would you like to see on BoSS Gun Game Server (#2) (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Custom Knife Sound (Like "OWNED" when someone gets knifed)

1. yes (28 votes [68.29%])

Percentage of vote: 68.29%

2. no (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

Make user lose gun after gun kill (make them knife)

1. yes (18 votes [43.90%])

Percentage of vote: 43.90%

2. no (23 votes [56.10%])

Percentage of vote: 56.10%

Practice Round is knife round, and lasts long time (like 2 minutes)

1. yes (28 votes [68.29%])

Percentage of vote: 68.29%

2. no (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

Personally, I love it when people knife / get knifed.

Since the servers have been down, we've all been playing alot of gun game.

There are alot of modifications out there, and most of them are annoying on normal servers. But gun game servers are fun as f*ck, and they can get away with abnormal mods.

I voted yes to all of these mods, as they make gun game more exciting to me.

They encourage knifing. Even if you have 5 health, you have to watch your ass. It's funny as hell.

I know some people don't like knifing *Billy, cough*, but let's see what's popular.

#2 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

As far as the sound goes for gettin knifed: I wouldnt mind the "humiliation" sound from quake. :tup:

I dont really like the force knife thing. I pretty much only use knife when I get a kill, but sometimes I like to use a gun for self defence against getting knifed when you are gang raped.

The current "warmup" round is on knife only which kicks ass. This is the way it should be. I say make it 1 minute long, or just play out like a normal round. It is currently on 10 seconds which needs to be changed...

#3 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

These are all good issues, but I think the most pressing issue for the gungame server is the lack of good maps. Currently there are 3 or 4 maps that are playable. There are tons of good maps out there created specifically for gungame. We should add some of them.

#4 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

As the "Up in Smoke" gun game server states, "Around here, we knife after we get a gun kill, cause there's nothing crazier than that!".

lol. I hate it when guys get gang raped though, so that one could go either way lol

These are all good issues, but I think the most pressing issue for the gungame server is the lack of good maps. Currently there are 3 or 4 maps that are playable. There are tons of good maps out there created specifically for gungame. We should add some of them.

I agree.

In my opinion, the maps should be relatively small (fast, discourage camping). Somone wanna start a poll of good maps?

#5 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:07 PM

f*ck that force knife sh*t i will not play in our gg if that is used and enforeced.

#6 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

f*ck that force knife sh*t i will not play in our gg if that is used and enforeced.

lol... I'm not trying to be a dick Billy.

If any of these are "huge majority" then they will be considered and ultimately decided by Shadow.

In this case, there are more than 1 core members that don't want that mod... I'm sure it won't pass.

#7 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

I think the knife sound would be nice, but it should be able to be toggled in case people get sick of it, like typing quake, for instance. I also think that the Mario sound effects should stay when knifing someone, and when getting a triple level. I think forcing people to use knives after getting a gun kill is stupid, because people who earn their gun kill will be gangraped 9 times out of 10, most of those being other people with knives. The practice round should DEFINATELY be a knife only round and should be extended to like a minute. I think it's kind of stupid to have a start up round where nothing matters, and still have everyone shooting and trying to get a level. It's pointless, so I think knifing would make that little warm up a lot more fun. This is all just my opinion, though, let's see what some others say.

#8 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:26 AM

how about we cap it at 18 or 20 cause it gets laggy in such a small place

#9 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:53 AM

Perhaps do the mod that switches to the next gun when you get a kill with the one you're on.

As far as maps go, I like fy_mcdonalds

#10 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

more maps would be sweet the mods i like the first choice and the second

#11 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

yes, no, no.

i think sounds can be cool. make u lose ur gun is gay. beginning knife round would be aight too, but i'd prolly just wanna start playing when the game gets restarted.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

I guess we could cap it at 20-22 something like that, but only if there are NO BIG MAPS on the rotation or in the voting system.

#13 korosys420

korosys420

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

I like ythese ideas. I also would like the turbo mod, where you automaticaly get the next gun, the only down fall is quick games. :tup:

#14 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

We need some more maps on there. Also, that matrix map sucks balls. I usually end up leaving whenever that map comes around.

#15 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

Sounds good. But dropping the gun is gay. Specially in the all to often circumstance where the teams are unbalanced and one side finds themselves 1 v 5 almost every round. It's not fair for him to basically get a kill then knife. He has maybe a 1 in 1000 chance of winning that fight with a knife.

If you enacted the drop gun mod you might as well just blind, freeze, burn, mute, and beacon the guy.

But, honestly, what do I care, I only played GG because it was the only server with people half the time anyway. Now that has all changed.

#16 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

bumpetty bump bump

#17 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

we could have like one big map....in case the server is full...

#18 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Perhaps do the mod that switches to the next gun when you get a kill with the one you're on.

Oh yeah. I went up like 5 levels in one roung because of that. Crazy stuff and it makes the maps go fast.

Also I haven't been on in awhile but when I am on I find myself playing on the old school 007_complex map. It only seems to be for gun game servers so I know it would work and it is just a fun map to play on.

#19 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

complex and temple are both too big... this ain't no N64 with autoaim :1:
Saw that we got some new maps on the rotation today, sweet :tup:
although the usp maps kinda blow.

#20 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

I'm with all the other guys. Do the two mods, but screw the force knife.

As for maps...

I think it would be cool to add some fy maps... maybe paintball and iceworld.

It would also be cool to mix it up and add a glass map IMO, but that prolly won't fly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users