4 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

Need to update my rediculous website for my office. For you webpage guru's, what is the best/easiest software for creating a decent webpage. I may even consider letting one of you guys make it, so lets here some bidding.

C

#2 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

Well, what I would do is google free webpage templates. When you find a template you like, that pretty much takes care of alot of the work involved in making a webpage. Then you just code your text and graphics in. That is if you know how to code html. Its pretty simple and learning it yourself would save alot of money. You could use microsoft frontpage (there are more programs out there, Frontpage just came to my mind first) or something like that if you like. I personally like doing everything myself. You really should learn it for yourself, so you don't spend alot of money on someone taking care of it for you.

Also, using a template may be unoriginal and cheap, but you can change things around and make it your own.

Edit: You can find alot of "special" versions of html software on the internet. I would not suggest that you buy one. The idea of an html program just seems stupid to me. People go through years of school to learn html and find a good job just to have some company make a program that lets ordinary people make retarded looking web pages.

Edited by kidcapri, 22 November 2006 - 11:30 AM.

#3 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

notepad.exe

#4 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:16 PM

joomla, content management system.

http://www.luxurypropertiesbelize.com

that is a site that I built around joomla. Very easy to maintain, once initial design is finished.

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:48 AM

Adobe / Macromedia Dreamweaver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users