#1 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

Article Here

Seems like Microsoft is trying to standardize the graphics market, basically killing the competition between ATI and NVIDIA with Vista and DX10 and giving them control over the overall advancement of gfx technologies. Meh.

#2 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

wow, i think that article missed a huge point. One of the main problems right now with games is inefficient code. That problem exist because of the vague interpretations of dx9 architecture from nvidia and ati. By standerizing the architecture a lot more, it will be easier for powerful video cards to be produced(may or may not have new technology, but easier to make them more powerful). Also, game developers will be able to make more efficient game code leading to performance optimization. Kinda like in consoles, were the the games produced look way better as time passes, yet the console stays the same. Im actually all for this more stringent dx 10 architecture and i don't think it will hurt the customer.

edit: in case anyone wants to see the r600

Edited by Mandraque, 26 November 2006 - 10:01 PM.

#3 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

What its saying is the advancement of graphics is gonna be controlled by Microsoft. Sure the technology is a good idea but software controlling hardware advancements is just f*cked up.

#4 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

not so much....its just limiting the architecture to more specific parameters and the new technologies thing....that wont limit the power of the cards, and it says that ms is working close with the manufactures to make sure they can get new technologies out at a good time.

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:11 AM

lol look at the date on that article...

its not a very good written article imo, then again, i don't write articles for a living but i believe mandraque brings up a good point. microsoft is not trying to be douchebags like steam has been to the countersrike community.. they have too many investors and consumers to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users