Photo

need some help with mp3 format

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

ok, so I recently obtained some music online...and under the properties it states it is an MP3 formatted file...so I go to play it, nothing I use will play the file, it states it is not an MP3 format, or it was not compressed by mp3 and the program does not have the codec to play it. its odd, so I have tried everything I can think of, I even tried converting the file but once again, it says it is not an MP3 format.any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

oh, and for the record...it was a torrent file used to download the songs...I am downloading the songs because I do not feel like paying for the full cds after they were recently stolen from my truck....so no way in hell am I going to dish out another 500+bucks for cds I want AGAIN.

Edited by At The Gates, 28 November 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

What program do you use to play MP3s?

#3 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

are the files bigger than a usual mp3 file? If so they could be FLAC files. Get the codec here and try that maybe.

Edited by poopsmcgee, 29 November 2006 - 03:06 PM.

#4 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:19 PM

WHOA, poops, you figured it out, thanks man...now....quick question, how whould I convert those to like...WMA format or somthing so i can burn them to cds and play in my truck?

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:44 PM

Don't use WMA, that sh*ts Queer ass DRM.

use anything but.

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

Use Winamp to make .wav files and burn em out (unless you have an mp3 player in your car).

press ctrl+P in the Winamp interface and choose Plugins -> output. then double click Nullsoft Disk Writer and choose a directory for your .wav files to be written to. You can f*ck around with kHz and stuff too if you know what you're doing :P

Then just play the song from your playlist and it'll start decoding, usually takes 2-3 secs per song. Burn it, shove it in your stereo and enjoy. Reset when you're done by double clicking direct sound plugin.
Some car stereos won't play homeburned CD's though :wtf:

hope that helps...

#7 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:16 PM

I had to get a FLAC converting program to convert it. It comes in at over 1100 bit rate tho, so you'll want to reconvert it after you get it to mp3. Link for program download

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users