31 replies to this topic

#1 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

So I gave Neverwinter Nights 2 a whirl and was NOT impressed. The camera, party A.I... Lots of things were just out of whack. But I was really anxious to play a good party-based RPG, so now I'm kind of in a bad spot. Until NWN2 is patched up it's not worth sh*t, so does anyone know any good party-based games out there at the moment? Particularly a newer one, 'cause I've done virtually all the older ones. They're my favorite single player RPGs, definitely more fun and in-depth than just controlling one guy, Oblivion style.

I've kinda fallen behind on my knowledge of new games coming out, so yeah any help would be nice. :>.<:

Edited by Xiertic, 11 December 2006 - 02:20 PM.

#2 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

I hate party based RPGs. The only one that is good (and I mean REALLY good) is Star Wars: KotOR. Vampire the Masquerade is pretty nice too I guess. Both of them EXTREMELY in-depth.

Dungeon Siege = bleh
NWN = bleh

Action RPGs on the other hand are fun as shit! Titan Quest rocks in singleplayer, and in online multi with friends (radom ppl = 100% hax). But that's isometric though... Can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls game, even though it will probably be another 5 years hah.

#3 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:39 PM

final fantasy ftw!

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

final fantasy ftw!

He said newer, and good games. And I know there's FF10, but I don't think that's for PC, and I REALLY don't think Xertic would even fathom playing that J-pop, "girly man boy" looking main character game.

But to be serious, Titan Quest is an awesome RPG, it's basically Diablo 2, but with Greek mythology. Besides that, there really haven't been too many party based RPGs. I think they are going the way of the adventure game.

#5 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

I know you said newer, but you should really try out LionHeart...

#6 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

Titan Quest does indeed rock, but I'm afraid I've done it to death. I don't think there's anything left in that game that my sword wielding, magick slingling badass of a knight hasn't done.

Elder Scrolls, meh. I could write a 5 page essay on how I thought Oblivion had amazing potential, but why it ended up completely and utterly sucking.

Edit: And I'm not sure that you guys are totally getting me. I'm talking Baulder's Gate/Dungeon Siege/KOTOR type games. Nubs. <3

Edited by Xiertic, 11 December 2006 - 06:05 PM.

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Titan Quest does indeed rock, but I'm afraid I've done it to death. I don't think there's anything left in that game that my sword wielding, magick slingling badass of a knight hasn't done.

Elder Scrolls, meh. I could write a 5 page essay on how I thought Oblivion had amazing potential, but why it ended up completely and utterly sucking.

Edit: And I'm not sure that you guys are totally getting me. I'm talking Baulder's Gate/Dungeon Siege, KOTOR type games. Nubs. <3

If not Oblivion, then Dark Messiah had a lot of promise. Still considering picking that one up.

#8 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

Play KOTOR like 5 more times.. it never gets old.. it may be perhaps the game that i have replayed the most.. and actually it IS the game i have replayed the most.. played it 11 times, played it all the way thru 8 times

#9 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

I have KOTOR around here in one of these boxes... Hell, maybe I will fire it back up.

....... Anything but Oblivion. Much hate.

#10 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

Yeah I was going to say Bauldur's Gate 2, man that game was a gift from god, but you already mentioned it and you also wanted new.

But really, that had one of the best plots of any game ever. Even better than SC. Of course BG was no where near as good as BG2.

New games, I have no idea, my computer isn't particularly good. I play the classics. The newest game I have is Age of Mythology which is no where near as good as WCIII or SC.

#11 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

i meant final fantasy XII, it owns....it owns a lot.....

#12 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:30 PM

i meant final fantasy XII, it owns....it owns a lot.....

I don't own a Playstation, 2 or otherwise. :P

#13 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:03 AM

Original KotOR owns. The second one wasn't a worthy successor, but still a pretty kickass game.
I never played the second Vampire game (Bloodlines) but I reckon it's a pretty sweet game if you were into the first one.

#14 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

I heard that Oblivion has a multiplayer mod so you can play the campaign with a few friends. Maybe find out some more about that. Other than that, try everquest. :wtf:

#15 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:15 AM

God, I can't believe I forgot the Gothic series. I loved Gothic 2, and Gothic 3 just came out. Though, I've heard some mixed things about Gothic 3. And it's more of a single player romping through quests, then party based.

#16 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:49 AM

Actually I'm now considering the idea of downloading the rom of Final Fantasy VI and giving it another play through. Haven't played that game in forever but I got to thinking about ole Kefka the other day... And it dawned on me that he's probably even more badass than Sephiroth, when you look at the big picture. And that laugh of his just cracks me up.

#17 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

Love FFVI to death. Plus ROMs make leveling much much easier, just go the desert and fight cactuars and hoovers while upping the frame rate x10 :>.<:

#18 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:10 PM

i actualy never finished ffvi....i got to the art were the earth has ended and was completing side quest and then i went on a trip and never played it ever again....

#19 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

Love FFVI to death. Plus ROMs make leveling much much easier, just go the desert and fight cactuars and hoovers while upping the frame rate x10 :>.<:

lol I've already been abusing the save function on my ZSNES emulator. When trying to steal with Locke, I put the cursor on steal, press A, then put the cursor on the target.. Hit f2 to save, then hit A again to make a steal attempt. If it fails, press f4 to reload, then A to try again. If it fails, f4 to reload, press A again.. And so on, and so on, 'til I get the item stolen.

i actualy never finished ffvi....i got to the art were the earth has ended and was completing side quest and then i went on a trip and never played it ever again....

You were only about halfway through then, and the good sh*t was just getting started. The game actually becomes pretty open ended in the World of Ruin, rather than the game running on rails like it did in the begining.

Edited by Xiertic, 15 December 2006 - 03:54 PM.

#20 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

NWN or NWn2 (though i haven't played NWN2 it looks good)
Plus theres a crap load of single player and multyplayer mods/add ons for NWN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users