• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

Can someone please configure mani so that we can voteban/votekick hackers? Something like a 50% vote to ban someone would be great.

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

We have plenty of admins on that police the servers. I don't think we really have need of it. If an admin isnt on and you need one, just get on Vent and call someone in.

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

You've haven't been around when the servers go down, for some reason, and we go invade someelse's server. We basically voteban everyone and make it our own which is one of the many reasons we do not do it on our own server.

#4 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

It doesn't increase server load, and it really helps with catching cheaters... There are quite a few BoSs on, but not that many admins. I've seen about 5 times or so when there was a cheater who ruined the entire game. Nobody could do anything.

#5 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

If you are afraid that someone will voteban everyone, maybe increase the % to something like 80?

I've never had that problem before ont he 3 servers i've managed.

#6 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:31 AM

You've haven't been around when the servers go down, for some reason, and we go invade someelse's server. We basically voteban everyone and make it our own which is one of the many reasons we do not do it on our own server.

QFT

Always fun when you catch someone and it's their server. :D

#7 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:35 AM

part of the reason i wanted to become an admin was because i play at wierd times of the day and often someone needed kicking and i was unable to do it. If we could safeguard the system to prevent admins from being kicked i think votekick (definately not voteban) might be a decent idea.

#8 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

part of the reason i wanted to become an admin was because i play at wierd times of the day and often someone needed kicking and i was unable to do it. If we could safeguard the system to prevent admins from being kicked i think votekick (definately not voteban) might be a decent idea.

That would be ok by my book, but there is almost always someone sitting around on Vent or trolling the forums here. Shouldn't be overly hard to find and admin in most cases.

#9 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:45 AM

Mani admin can be configured so that admins cannot be kicked by admins, not sure if this is something that would make admins tolerant to the voteban/kick as well if voted upon from other users... Might be worth it to check it out?

Do you really think that it is a problem though? I've never seen or heard it be done before.

#10 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:54 AM

yes it is most definately a problem. We have gone into other servers when ours were down and votebanned everyone that was there out of them.

#11 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:58 AM

What if it was 90%?

#12 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

Then it would be ineffective for normal usage. Odds of getting a 90% in a server is slim to nil.

#13 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:05 AM

If that would rule out the worry of having someone accidentally banned, then it would still be very useful. It is just upsetting to play and then have everything ruined because nobody can take care of the hacker :/

I guess there is no way we could get this added?

#14 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:12 AM

the question is really whether we need it. There are enough admins that if you came here as you are now and made a post saying "it's 6 o clock pm and there is a hacker in server 1," it would be dealt with.

#15 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

Alright, i'll give that a try then and see how it works out.

#16 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

Voteban/votekick are so worthless, especially on an admined server. The voting is so easy to get around. You can leave the server at any time during the voting process and return with a clean slate. Also, perhaps it can be configured, but every voteban server I've ever been on was a 5 minute ban only. So basically you wait your 5 minutes and come back anyway.

#17 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:45 AM

the entire voting system is bullshit imo, just get on vent and ask for an admin if one is not present imo.

#18 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:52 AM

I've seen it work in so many cases, very seldom does the guy leave and then come back (but it does happen).

I'll hop on vent next time, it seems like you guys hang around their a lot.

#19 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:54 AM

I've seen it work in so many cases, very seldom does the guy leave and then come back (but it does happen).

I'll hop on vent next time, it seems like you guys hang around their a lot.

It is our home nigga, it is where we live.

#20 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:53 AM

Yeah there are alot problems with votekick/voteban, but like a year ago or something when i used to play surf on the TAG servers, they had this thing where votekick and voteban were disabled when an admin was on, so like if there was an admin in the servers if you typed in votekick or voteban, it would say that an admin is in the servers and that it was disabled.. that was pretty cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users