22 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

Tad bit of background:
When I was 13, my brother worked at my school in the IT departement. Since I had no ride home until 2 hours after school, I started volunteering. (Beat the hell out of sitting in some teacher's classroom.)

So as I neared 14, It was going to be a good time, because I could finally get a job there, and get paid for my f*cking 2 hours after school tues and thurs.

So I turned 14 on the last day of thanks giving break, and I had already turned in the stuff I needed to get hired, and the IT Head had said I would be. So I go in that Tuesday, And find: Oh hey. He's gone. Noone knows why or what. So the other two IT guys say the'll take care of me and my bro. I'm cool with this. Couple days later, a new IT Guy was there.

So i "work" For about... What. A month now? Turn in my timecard and everything. Then I get told today.... In short:
You haven't been hired, and I can't hire you. The school says you have to be in High School atleast.

So I basically just got told:
f*ck off were not paying you
Were gonna make up our own damn rules LOL!L!JL@!J@L!J@!

So, now i'm out a job, (Not that I ever had one. Angry, since I was "Never Hired") I just spent a f*cking month volunteering under the assumtion that I was being paid. So, now I'm back to f*cking volunteering.

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

Ugh well you may have gotten screwed out of payment, but you can put that volunteerism on college apps and whatnot. Still useful, but funding would be better.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:42 PM

well now its time to be a man and get a sh*tty job doing what you hate, thats what i did at 14.

#4 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hell. Now I got nothing for X-mas gifts for friends, nor the girl I like. (I need ideas, for something before thursday. :HelP:!!!)
Plus I volunteered while I was 13, So i must have...
4 hours a week, between Start of school and thanks giving.
Plus every now and then a full 8 hours a day.

#5 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

that was kinda funny

but sucks man

#6 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

Meh. So I don't wanna go VOLUNTEER thursday, but I don't have a ride, and I don't wanna burn my bridges. OMFG WTF DUZ 1 D0???!?!?!/!
*sigh*

#7 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

you have to just keep volunteering and show the guy that you posses some skills that are worth some nurturing and paying.

In 10 years you will be in the same situation i promise. Youll graduate college and be doing an unpaid internship hoping that they will give you a full time position. It sucks cause they are gonna treat you like a slave on a plantation, but if you keep plugging along always doing what you are told it will pay off.

all else fails join a gang and become a delinquint while your still young lol jk

#8 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

For gift ideas for the special lady search the forums... I believe theres an SNL skit that may be of use.

#9 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

For gift ideas for the special lady search the forums... I believe theres an SNL skit that may be of use.

SNL Skit?
@Billy: The previous IT guy promised me a job, although It's probably out of the job description... As of last i checked, there is NO EFFING RULE ABOUT HAVING TO BE IN HIGH SCHOOL TO EFFING WORK. I'm the legal age of 14. I COULD EVEN BE IN DAMN HIGHSCHOOL, If i haden't started Kindergarden a year late, because of how my Nov birthday falls. I would be the youngest or oldest there. My parents apted for Oldest. (Ty Mother. :P)
So Now i'm in 8th grade, and all the people around me are 12 and 13, and immature. XD

#10 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:16 AM

Credit to Blooms

#11 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

I hate when people screw me over...it angers me

#12 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

You should sue them for your money. Especially if you have people to corroborate (sp?) your story.

#13 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

well now its time to be a man and get a sh*tty job doing what you hate, thats what i did at 14.

+1

Gotta start at the very bottom, minimum wage with hard and boring work. Now, in College, I'm chasing jobs that I find interesting and pay $12-$14 per hour. I've already turned down a bunch of full-time positions because I don't want it to affect my schoolwork.
It'll all get better in a few years, have no fear :tup:

#14 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

I'm not terribly pissed about the Money. Although, I dunno where I'm gonna get the $$ for X-Mas gifts for friends... D:
It's the fact, that I think their making up rules. Last i checked you only had to be 14 to work. And I COULD Be in Highschool if i wanted, because I started Kindergarden a year late.

#15 QuickShot838

QuickShot838

Grey Knight

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

gee that really sucks... i kno i would be pissed :tdown:

#16 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

ROFFLE MY EFFING WAFFLE SCHOOL. *Arhem*
You bloody american's-Oh wait. :P (*Is american*)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Sadly they don't go to $$ or a job. :'(

#17 SoB

SoB

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

I hate when people screw me over...it angers me

thats why white folk invented curb stomping :)

#18 Lord Ned

Lord Ned

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

Curb Stomping? The closest thing I can think of is a person on a curb, and being stomped in the stomach/face????

#19 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

Oh you young whippersnappers.

Curb Stomping is when you have someone lay on their stomach, bite the curb, and you kick them in the back of the head. At the least, it breaks their jaw, at the most, it kills them.

When you grow up, go rent American History X.

#20 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

Oh you young whippersnappers.

Curb Stomping is when you have someone lay on their stomach, bite the curb, and you kick them in the back of the head. At the least, it breaks their jaw, at the most, it kills them.

When you grow up, go rent American History X.

:tup:

And Matt, You just cant expect to have a job. Around here, most places dont even hire kids untill they are 16. You cant just expect them to teach you how to do all the stuff, you need to really know what you are doing. Im 20, and having a hard enough time finding an internship, let alone a full time job. I suggest you keep on volunteering. Make friends with the IT guys. If you get anything out of it, you get some good experience and a contact for when you get older. As you grow older, you will find out its not about what you know and what degrees/diplomas you have, but who you know and what kind of person you are. Keep helping them out, and get another job outside of school/IT. That will help you in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users