• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

Alright, I'd first like to say, to all those who whine about some 15-year old kid getting his book made into a movie

First: I'm only SIXTEEN and none of you complained when I wrote your story, right?
B: I personally think a 15-year old can write the character of a teenager much better than a 43-year old
3: The book is a good read. Sit down and shut up.

Now then, on to the actual review.

I personally liked the movie, and I have high hopes about the fact that a company as big as Fox Studios is producing a movie based off the book of a 15-year old (The Man in the Shadows film next? Here's to hoping!) It is important to note, however, that the plot in the movie, while keeping the same points as the plot in the book, is rather differently arranged than the plot in the book.

That said, I did like the movie, the special effects were awesome-looking, and the characters were well portrayed.

Final Rating: 6/10, maybe 7/10
KGB Assessment: This movie COULD have been better, but it could also have been SO much worse. That said, buy the book- the seperate perspective helps, not to mention that it's a fantastic read.

#2 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

commie, the movie has jeremy irons in it...automatic +8 for me, oh and thanks for the review without spoiling it for people who didnt read the book(I never finished it), I plan on seeing the movie next week with my gf..hehe she likes movies like these :weee: (as do I obviously)

#3 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

judging by the trailers it's going to be some PG13 bullshit flick. Fuck it :tdown:

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

I kinda agree with you frag, I saw it last night and wasn't too impressed, I mean that scene where the dragon was finally flying with whatever the fuck his name is riding it, and that old nigga cheering him on, I couldn't help but laugh, because that was the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

in other words. Puff the magic Dragon before you watch Eragon!

#5 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

The darn movie never came to my town (hopefully this weekend it will) but I am looking forward to seeing it. Personally, I didn't like the original trailer they realeased but the second one was more hopeful. It is a good read, not as good as some, but still worth however much money it is.
Buy it.

#6 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:23 PM

the dragon was finally flying with whatever the f*ck his name is riding it, and that old nigga cheering him on, I couldn't help but laugh, because that was the stupidest thing i've ever seen.
Puff the magic Dragon before you watch Eragon!

ROFL... that's perhaps the funniest thing i've seen all week...

And i agree, it does look like some random "PG13 bullsh*t flick" as frag called it, and i have no intentions of seeing it..

#7 TheHobo

TheHobo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:12 PM

the book is supposed to be good but i've heard that the movie doesnt follow it at all and it doesnt even show a desert, so theres a big thums down from me... :tdown:

#8 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:35 AM

It happens with every fantasy epic turned into a movie. The plot is totally put into a blender and pieces of it are plain left out.

The only time where it happened the least was in LOTR trilogy, and even that was a little jumbled.
Harry Potter movies are a mess. However, I saw what the actress who plays Hermione (Emma Watson) looks like off-set.

She is damn hot. I want to be famous just so I can let her ride my firebolt.

lolz

Edited by SgtBUTTERYMUFFIN, 22 December 2006 - 12:36 AM.

#9 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:16 PM

Just from the previews I've seen I thought the acting looks a little.. Sub par... I dunno, I'll probably skip this one and just download it off Torrentspy or somethign when it hits dvd.

#10 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:22 PM

Harry Potter movies are a mess. However, I saw what the actress who plays Hermione (Emma Watson) looks like off-set.

She is damn hot. I want to be famous just so I can let her ride my firebolt.
lolz

Ha! I'd have to agree with you there, the movies are pathetic and she is damn sexy.

#11 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

the book is supposed to be good but i've heard that the movie doesnt follow it at all and it doesnt even show a desert, so theres a big thums down from me... 18.gif

thats a shame because i also heard the book was supposed to be good. my little brother read it and now he wants to see the movie, but after i saw the trailer i was completely turned off. IMO it didn't look very good.
anyways i havent been to the movie theater in awhile now, besides going to see Borat.

off topic: glad to be back havent been on the forum or on css in awhile so i am going to try to be more active on both

^_^

#12 xpalefirex

xpalefirex

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

its getting terrible reviews and the movie seems to have nothing interesting to offer

#13 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

I still don't think its in my town but I'm not home right now so who knows?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users