• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Janton

Janton

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

I was just clicking around newegg when I noticed they finally put up the new FX-70-74's. Made especially for Dual Socket motherboards, AMD finally hit 3.0.....aside from their recent Opteron Troy. A little disappointing actually, sure it's fast as hell but i'd like to see a higher L2 Cache. But still I might look into getting two of these to run in the ASUS Dual Socket L board. Hope someone pops out an ATI chipset so I can pair these with the R600. Hooray for overkill!

Edited by Janton, 30 December 2006 - 08:35 PM.

#2 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

I am an AMD fanboy or sorts but the new platform sucks imo. The Intel dual core is much more efficient and spanks the 2x dual athlon atm. You'll need 2x $300 cpus and a $300 mobo.

For half of that you can go Intel and get damn near the performance.

I still think AMD has a few tricks up their sleeves before this shit really goes mainstream.

#3 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:48 PM

I think AMD its getting ready for somethin but it wont be for a while. the earliest by summer of 07

edit: btw http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5524 just click it. r600.

Edited by Mandraque, 30 December 2006 - 10:02 PM.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:01 PM

I think AMD its getting ready for somethin but it wont be for a while. the earliest by summer of 07
edit: btw Link just click it. r600.

We've been over this before Mr *the INQ Lies*, fuckin 2faced nigga. Linq

#5 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

yes i fukin remember but it has benchmarks. Which show that the inq was kinda right. gg. w/e it was a just a discussion over rumors.

Edited by Mandraque, 30 December 2006 - 11:10 PM.

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

yeah I know, just stating that other sites rumors are always full of shit when INQ comes to leaked HW threads

these are also kinda whack benchmarks tbh, considering the fact that the revision is going to be even more powerful, Makes me totally want one...

#7 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

meh, i have never had much experience with the inq exepct for other forums that call it utter pro-amd/ati sh*te. ill have to look into the inq more....but did you see the fukin benchmarks or not? they came close to what i though would happen(maybe a little bit higher)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users