82 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:31 AM

I was thinking and want some input by everyone with a valid opinion, So, How can we make our servers even better?

#2 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:34 AM

Lets come up with some set in stone rules over the issues that are disputed so often. (sniper rooms, camping, etc...)

#3 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm with Chili on that. There's too many disputes over what is against the rules and what isn't.

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

I think first priority would be to change the map rotations on servers 2 and 3. Matrix and Mindmaze need to go away already. and lets find some fun small to medium size GG maps to replace them.

#5 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

My opinion is that we need stone rules about sniper rooms, just like chili said. And also that admins should unstack teams when they are totally stacked in one teams favor.. like 1/2 of one team is greater than 2.00 k/d and the other team has like 1 person thats barely over 1.00... thats my opinion.. otherwise the servers are great!

#6 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

yea i hate mindmaze and matrix.....they got to go....just a suggestion, what about a deathmatch or gungame deathmacth server(i saw while a while back but havent seen it since, really fun)

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:17 AM

yea i hate mindmaze and matrix.....they got to go....just a suggestion, what about a deathmatch or gungame deathmacth server(i saw while a while back but havent seen it since, really fun)

yeah GG DM is like injecting crack directly into your brain. We could try it out...

#8 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

yeah GG DM is like injecting crack directly into your brain. We could try it out...

I play on a GG DM Turbo Bullet Time server all the time! My brain is just a huge rock of crack by now. And this next comment will be shunned by the whole community, but what the hell. I after being completely away from office for a few months and pretty much only playing on CAL map only servers, I've gotten acquainted with awps, flashes, and maps that don't have cs_ in front of them. Just a thought. :tired:

#9 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

Yes, we def. need solid rules about the sniper rooms and whatnot IN the motd.

I also think it would be cool to have server 1 alternate between de_dust2 and cs_office, changing at every time limit. I also think we should slightly lower the amount of "time per map" because it is over 1.5 hours as it is.

Oh yeah and it would be cool to have knife rounds the first round of a map, lasting for around 1.5 minutes. Robosex9k did that and they were insanely popular Office servers.

#10 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:34 PM

bad massacre

#11 QuickShot838

QuickShot838

Grey Knight

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:37 PM

1) mindmaze and matrix need to go

2) we should make a new server for members only...

3) sniper room rules

#12 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

Yes, we def. need solid rules about the sniper rooms and whatnot IN the motd.

I also think it would be cool to have server 1 alternate between de_dust2 and cs_office, changing at every time limit. I also think we should slightly lower the amount of "time per map" because it is over 1.5 hours as it is.

Oh yeah and it would be cool to have knife rounds the first round of a map, lasting for around 1.5 minutes. Robosex9k did that and they were insanely popular Office servers.

Dust 2? No awps? If server #1 alternated to dust2 with no awps for people might as well disconnect. I think we should keep the a 24/7 cs_office server as it is.

#13 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

Well allowing AWPs goes without saying, dude.

#14 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:02 PM

New maps on GG. Remove matrix and mindmaze from the map voting/rotation. I like regular GG Turbo/knife pro. Its fast paced and fun. I dunno if I would like deathmatch that much, I never really played it though.

#15 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

#1 solid rules for general camping/sniper room camping and make it public so everybody knows about it. I personally don't care if people camps or not (though if they camp they make easier target for me), but admins having different opinions about it confuses/frustrates other players.

#2 admins can go easy on new players in the server, before punishing them. lets be a nice host at least for the new comers. if they insist on being stupid, punish by all means.

#16 desidakuno5

desidakuno5

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

2) we should make a new server for members only...

i like that idea, i always see random people at the servers and kinda gets boring

#17 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

Heres somthing that i saw on another website that I think would be cool for the Boss servers. On our website there should be stats and rankings from our servers, with normal stats as well as things for fav gun etc. I don't know how hard that would be but I think it would be cool and more people would go to the website.

#18 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

I think the office servers need a good mod to balance teams. Right now it just evens the number of players. Something like ETB would be great. It didn't put too much stress on the 26 man server I had, not sure what it would do to the 32 man you guys run.

#19 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:21 PM

i think office should stay office. I think a boss only server is a bad idea, specially when being proposed by the newest members. I don't see as many boss members playing as of late as they used to play during the summer.

drizzle go play the GG DM Turbo Bullet Time server and you will see how much fun it is.

#20 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:49 PM

-No ETB (I tried it on LanFusion, it sucks)
-I like Splunk's idea of putting stats on the website
-I agree with Mandraque
-Gun Game servers need new maps, and please remove mindmaze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users