• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 desidakuno5

desidakuno5

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

not to pusha small topic but roundstats would be nice, the console is there but its much easier if the server just tells you.

#42 SoB

SoB

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

roundstats are homo...they are annoying if you ask me but if you do add the roundstats enable a setting to where you can disable/enable them.

#43 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Ugh...themes. No. Server 1 is meant for Mani to be the only mod that alters CS:S. I like to play CS:S vanilla style on server 1 and the only thing Mani does is make admining easier on everyone.

Anyway HLStatsX is what you're looking for if you want user-stats on a website. I'm not sure how much load it puts on the server but if you truly want it, we should be able to handle it.

Also about the startup cash, I never give out money on the first round but I do at my need or somebody's request.

#44 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

HL stats uses a fairly large amount of database resources due to its somewhat shitty coding, I don't like having to go through all the bullshit of setting it up either, fuckin annoying.

#45 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

Ugh...themes. No. Server 1 is meant for Mani to be the only mod that alters CS:S. I like to play CS:S vanilla style on server 1

- Why? Why would you only limit it to mani? Remember that weaponstheme is a very very light script. When it is ran, it is actually runs faster/better than normal rounds (since you only have 1 weapon).

HL stats uses a fairly large amount of database resources due to its somewhat sh*tty coding, I don't like having to go through all the bullsh*t of setting it up either, f*ckin annoying.

- Oh man is it a b*tch or what. I've installed it on 2 servers so far, it was a pain in the ass both times. If you end up going that route, I don't mind helping you guys install it. With hlstatsx you can run all 3 servers off of the same install.

Edited by Iceman, 01 January 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#46 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

- Why? Why would you only limit it to mani? Remember that weaponstheme is a very very light script. When it is ran, it is actually runs faster/better than normal rounds (since you only have 1 weapon).

It's not about it being light. It's about it changing gameplay. I don't like all these scripts that do stuff like kick people for trying to join a team too many times or only allowing one weapon or having us fight in wars, and all that sh*t. No. People (including me) come to server 1 to chill out and have some good time in a pub. None of this scripting sh*t. Now if server 1 was empty all the time like when we had the 209.xxx.xx.xxx ip addresses, it would be a different story.

#47 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

I also think the money increase that people are mentioning wouldn't make a difference at all, if anything it would help. Not only would it reduce camping like said earlier but it would help even teams and team stacking. If everyone on both teams can always have money, then both sides start on even ground. And if your only arguement against that is "but the pistol round is a pistol round" seriously, that happens like once every hour+, whats it matter lol. Just my two cents on that matter, doesn't make that much difference to me either way since unlike most people, I know how to conserve and earn my cash :perk:

#48 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

I also think the money increase that people are mentioning wouldn't make a difference at all, if anything it would help. Not only would it reduce camping like said earlier but it would help even teams and team stacking. If everyone on both teams can always have money, then both sides start on even ground. And if your only arguement against that is "but the pistol round is a pistol round" seriously, that happens like once every hour+, whats it matter lol. Just my two cents on that matter, doesn't make that much difference to me either way since unlike most people, I know how to conserve and earn my cash :perk:

+1

#49 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:53 AM

Not like we don't already give plenty of cash out anyway. A cash increase wouldn't hurt. It's only a pub...

#50 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

:tup: to starting with more money! Its true that the main reason people team stack is to get money. I mean the only reason I ever play on T is cause the ct team blows and if there's no admin you can't get any money. If there was more money I believe it would definetly make the teams more even, and like other people have said you wouldn't have to camp to get money.

I know its a big change, so if its possible we should just try it for a couple days and see what the feedback is and decide whether it should stay or not.

#51 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

my favorite combination it shotty and kelvar so im good with conserving cash......w/e yea go for the cash.

#52 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

Nocliping after you die

#53 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

Oh, and increase the length of the warm-up round on GG.

#54 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Ya Office is getting repetitive and mindnaze and Matrix maps on gg server are getting old. i would like to see some new maps on gg like Aim Texture maps. Also you could make the Office server into dedicated css server with Dust,Dust2,Italy ect

#55 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

The day server #1 puts more maps into the rotation than office is the day I stop playing on BoSS. Office makes server #1 what it is, imo.

I can't understand why people like the GG texture maps. They're too f*cking big. Stuff like Aim Shotty, Office world, and Combine Lockdown are teh buttsecks.

#56 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

Well what if we go to 24/7 something else? No one says we have to a rotation.

#57 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

Well what if we go to 24/7 something else? No one says we have to a rotation.

We tried that on server #2 with Dust2.
It fell flat on it's face.

#58 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

yea server #1 is office3 forever dont even propose a map change for that.

#59 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Server 1 will always stays Office because BoSS runs one of the best office maps. No long downloads, almost always full, no crazy ass hackers (thxs to the # of admins on and Shadow), and no awp camp out where T's get destroyed everyround.

Lately I have been unable to even get into server 1. I have to ask an admin on to kick someone to let me in or I go play gun game.

I do have a suggestion for Shadow though about the forum. I heard about this and think it would be the buttsecks. Can you make either a button or link on the forum where when you click on it Counter Strike starts up taking you into the BoSS servers.

Like place it at the footer of the forum or something becuase that would be so sweet. (or maybe place it in the link in the stickies with the server IP's)

Just a suggestion

Edited by Cleric, 06 January 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#60 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

Big no to that^^^

I swear I would lose my mind around the 5th time I accidentally clicked that damn button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users