• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SoB

SoB

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

I've been looking for a new monitor and i wanted to see if you guys could find me the best deal on a 20 or 20.1inch LCD that is somewhat decent for gaming. Can be wide screen or no wide screen, dont really care. edit-prob should add that i dont want to spend more than $250

i have found this though....linkage
decents specs, great price, only thing is its a no name brand so idk

Edited by SoB, 31 December 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#2 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

Heres a View Sonic 19 inch moniter for $195, would you take off an inch for a brand name moniter :huh:?

#3 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:42 PM

Sceptre isnt really a no name brand. They arent the top of the line, but they make nice monitors. I got a 19in widescreen for a friend of mine and I liked it alot. I love my 2005FPW, you can find one for a decent price now. Although they are kinda older. Newegg has the same monitor for the same price AR. They also have a Benq that dosent seem too bad.

#4 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:14 PM

I've seen that sceptre (friend got it) and it looks ~the same as my 2007wfp. Only problem was some DVI issue with his mac (worked on my PC, though.. very strange)

Also, Sceptre used to be huge a while ago. Not a no-name

#5 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:58 PM

Keep in mind that when you buy monitors online, lots of places have a specific return policy for them. Newegg doesn't accept a return for dead pixels unless you have 8 total. If you have 7 right in a bunch, in the middle of your screen, Newegg won't accept it for a return.

TigerDirect used to have a really horrible time with mail in rebates, I'm not sure if this has been corrected or not.

If you mainly do a lot of gaming, this monitor has great reviews: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824014105 (reviews: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5)

I looked around for reviews on this one http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824112006 but couldn't find much, other than stores with customer reviews. Usually with monitors, places like Newegg actually has legit information from their customers. If a lot of people are complaining about brightness, then chances are that is a problem.

The SCEPTRE one I linked to doesn't come with a DVI cable (here's a 6ft for about $8.50 shipped), assuming you have a video card that supports this, you will definitely want DVI. It also only has a 1 yr limited warranty, the BenQ is around 3 yrs.

--------------

If it was my buy, I would drop my specs down to a 19in and get this samsung, except get it from here: http://www.macmall.c...l...651&Redir=1

Edited by Iceman, 31 December 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#6 archibald

archibald

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

i have this monitor and i LOVE it.. absolutely no problems or dead/stuck pixels.. looks great too xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users