6 replies to this topic

#1 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:37 AM

Well every team that was favored to win this week has won. No big suprises, however some very good games. Patriots game was close until the last 5 minutes or so, and the NFC games we're both good games to watch.

Oh, and the EAGLES ARE STILL IN THE SHOW BABY! http://diodawkins.ytmnd.com/

Who do ya'll pick for the next round?

#2 TheCincinnatiKid

TheCincinnatiKid

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:41 AM

Bengals would destroy all teams in a street fight!

#3 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:14 AM

Eagles 17 Saints 31

Too much offense for the Eagles to handle.

Seahawks 24 Bears 21

The Bears defense has been pretty bad lately so Alexander should have a big game. If Grossman actually plays 'well' they could pull it out since the Seahawks are signing players off the street to play cornerback.

Patriots 17 Chargers 20

Close game but if the Chargers get LT going and keep Brady on the sidelines they should pull this out.

Colts 10 Ravens 21

Ravens defense ftw. I don' t think Manning will have a good game and if he throws another 3 picks against the ravens he'll have more time to make bad commercials.

Next week we'll all get to laugh at my picks!

#4 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

Racoon, I think you're way off on three on those games.

Looking just at the stats, the Eagles and Saints are pretty even teams. They both have good offenses and average defenses. I think this will be a much closer game that 31-17. I'm thinking 24-20, or 31-24 for the Saints. No more than a touchdown between them though.

The Seahawks should get utterly dominated by the Bears...if it wasn't for Grossman. All the numbers favor the Bears, and they blew out Seattle early in the year. This game is gonna hinge on Grossman's play. If he sucks it up, Seattle could pull off the 24-21 victory you predicted. If he has even a half decent game, the Bears will take this with ease.

The Chargers and Pats is going to be the best game of the weekend. Traditionally, LT has been able to beat the Pat's run defense, but this year could be different with the Pat's D-Line and Linebackers as their best rush defense in years. Plus, you're dealing with a rookie QB in the playoffs and Marty Schottenheimer. Rivers could come out as a manager like Brady in '01 or a choke artist like Roethlisberger in '04. We have no way to tell yet, but if he chokes then the game goes to the Pats. Schottenheimer is notorious for crumbling in the playoffs as a coach as well. The Chargers offense has relied on Gates and LT (they're the two leading receivers for the Chargers) which is what the Pats are gonna have to watch out for. Colvin could cover Gates, he's big enough and fast enough but LT swinging out from the backfield or in the slot will be tough to defend. No Pats CB is big enough to cover him. With all that said, I think the Pats win this one because of the experience of Brady, Belichick and the defense. Youth doesn't usually win in the playoffs. It will be a close game as well. 27-20 or something similiar.

I agree with you on Colts/Ravens though. But I don't think the game hinges on Manning's play for the Colts. It hinges on Addai. If Addai can't get going, then the Colts will be shutdown all game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Colts defense should know McNair pretty well and need to keep an eye out for the deep ball. This is probably the toughes game to predict, because I can see it either being a blowout in favor of the Ravens or close infavor of the Colts. I'm picking the Ravens though in the blowout. Their defense has been so solid that I don't see Addai getting going. But if he does...

#5 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

I don' t think Manning will have a good game and if he throws another 3 picks against the ravens he'll have more time to make bad commercials.

ROFL i like those commercials. Guy knows how to market himself.

#6 BrooklynsDutchMasta

BrooklynsDutchMasta

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

Well every team that was favored to win this week has won. No big suprises, however some very good games. Patriots game was close until the last 5 minutes or so, and the NFC games we're both good games to watch.

Oh, and the EAGLES ARE STILL IN THE SHOW BABY! http://diodawkins.ytmnd.com/

Who do ya'll pick for the next round?

The Yankees have been doing great, aside from Rivera blowing 2 saves back to back. Rivera has not blown a save in 2 full consecutive seasons at yankee stadium. Yanks are fire hot, were down over 13 games and came back. Yanks will clinch AL pennant.

#7 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Are you high? This was f*ckin football playoffs in january, read the topics please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users