34 replies to this topic

#1 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

Every time i try to argue with a Mac user its always "Well its just better", No matter what i say or what facts i have their only response is "It's just better". I can bring out hardware details and sh*t, their only response is "It's just better", and frankly it pisses me off.

#2 SoB

SoB

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

macs are just better....

lol sorry had to..but i cant really compare seeing how i've never used a mac

#3 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

I thought you were gonna whip out your weiner there for a second. I gotta be honest, I'm disappointed.

The whole mac thing though, meh. It's apples and oranges really.

#4 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

macs are just better....
lol sorry had to..but i cant really compare seeing how i've never used a mac

yup

#5 Janton

Janton

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Linux, it's just better.

#6 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Meh.
They are both useful.
It is a matter of preference imo.
I don't care.
I just like pcs more.

#7 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

Macs ARE BETTER for some things. If you don't believe this you are an idiot.

However, these things are not most of the things I care about though so I'll stick with my PC>

#8 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

The whole mac thing though, meh. It's apples and oranges really.

Pun intended?

#9 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

Pun intended?

Haha you know that didn't even dawn on me when I wrote it. I'm slow tonight.

#10 onyx

onyx

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

Mac fanboys can die in a fire.

Tell them it's just better that way.

#11 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

I don't hate macs but i can't f*cking use them at all. It's too confusing and i can't figure anything out :tdown:

#12 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

me and my brother fight over this all the time , we just decided that we were never gonna see each other point and left it at that. pcs ftw.

#13 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

If I were to buy a new computer, it would probably be a mac mainly because, I don't know, viruses for one thing, running norton once a week is so painful especially with all the junk on this computer (get to format it this summer... yes!) so not having to worry about that would be awesome. My brother and my mom both have mac laptops and I personally find them much easier to use than a pc laptop. and since ill probably get a laptop next ill be getting a mac.
So I guess the final tally is:
Desktop: PC (dont like mac desktops)
Laptop: Mac

#14 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

Lets ask chris82 what he thinks about this topic. Shlonky and buttery have it right though, to each his own.

#15 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

I don't like macs much, but if I was ever going to get into video editing, a mac would be my first choice due to its' speed.

#16 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

I don't mind MACs. I just hate their fucking advertising.

Basically these two comics sum up what I mean.

http://www.theslackerz.com/
http://www.ctrlaltde....php?d=20060513

#17 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

I have a mac for my laptop and its been nothing but useful. It has never crashed, never gotten a virus, and never given me any cause for alarm. It just works. For school, there really isn't anything better (except for my C++ class which isn't compatible with the 3rd party software that will let me code on a mac.

As for pc, I love them. Sure, they can be buggy and get viruses and cause problems. They're fun, they're fashy, they get the job done. All the games I ever wanted and more while still having expandability. It's a nice mix.

As was said before, to each his own. I choose both.

#18 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

Ahhhh.... some people are just ignorant assholes.. .lol

You flamers ever heard of a word called preference? Nobody cares if you don't like something....

#19 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

Lol why do you even keep worrying about it. Who cares if someone prefers a mac over a pc.

#20 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Every time i try to argue with a Mac user its always "Well its just better", No matter what i say or what facts i have their only response is "It's just better". I can bring out hardware details and sh*t, their only response is "It's just better", and frankly it pisses me off.

One more thing, here are some reason's why a mac is better than windows box:

- OSX is built on top of FreeBSD, which is a type of UNIX. Unix was invented before you pricks were even a sperm trying to get outa your dad's nutsack. UNIX is straightforward, powerful, and flexible. Unix is the core of FreeBSD, Linux, OSX, and several others. The stability of Unix (Linux) is unmatched by any Microsoft OS. The majority of websites on the internet are served by a Linux apache box..... just to show how stable it really is. Mac OSX does not crash or BSOD the same way a windows box will. OSX does not "install" applications to a "registry", like windows, but rather runs "images" of the applications. Microsoft is playing catch up by deploying something you may have seen called ".NET framework". No matter how you slice it, OSX is superior to ANY windows OS.

- New features.... the concept of a graphical operation system that uses "windows" was FIRST implimented on macintosh boxes. THen microsoft came along and stole the idea. Microsoft, in fact, has yet to develop a new feature in an OS.. lol. Windows Vista is more like OSX than XP... but OSX has been out for YEARS. Widgets.... MS fanboys said they were stupid, well, vista has them now.

- Every updated OS that gets released is actually faster than the previous one. Imagine that... a programming methodology that makes the OS more efficient instead of just adding sh*t to slow it down. You can run the latest version of OSX on a 600mhz box with 256mb of ram.... try doing that with XP SP2 and see how well an app will run.

Of course, there are things that are deficits, such as: price, expandability, and the smaller software library that hinder the mac user. However, since you are a narrow minded pinhead, you of course exagerate these things and downplay the advantages.

All in all, the same argument could be said about Linux, Unix, Palm, Pocket PC, Symbian, and the hundreds of other OS's out there... if you don't like it or it doesn't suit your needs, then f*ck off and stop complaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users