LOL pwnt.

#22 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Eh, Mac users can sometimes be annoying.

And I downright HATE the snobbishness of their ads.

But for gaming I have to give it up for PCs. And as it happens I can do my schoolwork, photoshopping, webdevving, mapping, and everything else I need to on the PC. And for far cheaper than buying a Mac. So IMO screw Macs until they can do what I can do on my be better for a cheaper price.

Oh and about the viruses, yeah, there aren't a lot of viruses for Macs because of their userbase size. If OS X had the userbase of Windows and vice versa, virus makers would target OS X more. Notice how OS X userbase grows, so do the number of viruses.

Oh and whoever said they have Norton, it sucks. Kaspersky owns. Realtime protection and you can schedule it to do a scan automatically. +It doesn't slow down your PC.

Edited by Chris82, 10 January 2007 - 03:40 PM.

#23 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

I own both and im sick of arguing. If you want smooth errorless operating, macs are great, and anything built off unix is stable imo. but my pc has pretty much everything i ever needed. I just wish pc's didnt need so much f*ckin preventative maintnence.

Basically, I really dont care what anyone thinks abt anything anyway so I refuse to get into this debate with 13 year olds anymore.

#24 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

The way I see it is, I'm a gamer. I've been a gamer since I can remember, and I'll be a gamer for a long while yet. As a gamer, I need a PC to play most of the games that are out there, aside from a few really gay games like WoW. Since a Mac can't run most of the games that I want to play, I have a PC. If I didn't play video games, then I would definitely have a Mac. I like how Mac's OS is set up, how smoothly things run, the better security features, etc..., but I'm not a fan of the price tag. When I go to college, I'll probably get a laptop, and I can pretty much guarantee that it's gonna be a Mac, since it will be used for schoolwork, projects, etc..., but until then, my PC works just fine for what I, personally, want/need in a computer.

That's my $.02. I think arguing over which one is better is pretty pointless, as someone else said, it's all personal preference, and more importantly, I think it's what you need the computer for and what you can afford.

I also agree, though, that the Mac commercials, and the attitude of some Mac users, is just stuck up and ignorant.

#25 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

Mac computers suck balls big time the only thing they have going is that their is very little amount of viruses that effect them but hell they are so lame and retarded that no respectable hacker or programmer would make a virus for them :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: f@#$ mac and the apple gen i hade one once and i will never own one again

#26 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

if you don't like it or it doesn't suit your needs, then f*ck off and stop complaining.

One i wasnt complaining about the O.S, Read my post next time.

Every time i try to argue with a Mac user its always "Well its just better", No matter what i say or what facts i have their only response is "It's just better". I can bring out hardware details and sh*t, their only response is "It's just better", and frankly it pisses me off.

I said i hate Arguing with MAC users, i didn't say i hated macs, although i do dislike them.

#27 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

Lol why do you even keep worrying about it. Who cares if someone prefers a mac over a pc.

+1

people get soooooo personal about the sh*t they own and spend with their money. better and worse are not only on a factual basis but also opinionated alot so if someone says its better and you argue otherwise and they still think its better, then tell them they're wrong, walk away, and try an open an executable file.

the sun's still gunna rise tomorrow.

#28 shaokang

shaokang

Lurker

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

Mac fanboys can die in a fire.

Tell them it's just better that way.

lol die in a fire. yea f*ck those b*tches.pussies windows is where teh games are and thats teh only reason i use pc's. otherwise i'd use linux. its free

#29 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

This reminds me of when my friends trying to say Halo was the greatest FPS game of all time...it just piss me off...

gerrr i hate halo fanboys...

but on topic..umm i rather have a pc....easier to upgrade

#30 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

I work for Dell, but I am also cross trained for Apple computers ( was going to work for apple got a better offer from dell ) I am getting a Mac Laptop. Why? I need it for my photography.

PC's in general are for personal use, Windows PC are much more cost efficent, and the wide range of components allow them to be CHEAP. Where mac cost 1000+ in note books. The debate could go on.

How many offices do you know with 5floors of Mac systems. Windows/"IBM" machines are more cost effective and everyone can work on them. (Besides Design/Studios)

End Note, depending on your purpose and goal, can determine what will preform better for your needs. :P
I AM UNBIAS I USE THEM BOTH!

#31 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

I advise you to not bring your intellegent input to arguments like these because these threads are where people really show how naive and uneducated they sound. example...

"lol die in a fire. yea f*ck those b*tches.pussies windows is where teh games are and thats teh only reason i use pc's."

Although I like reading them, I am done with these hehe.

#32 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

I work for Dell, but I am also cross trained for Apple computers ( was going to work for apple got a better offer from dell ) I am getting a Mac Laptop. Why? I need it for my photography.

PC's in general are for personal use, Windows PC are much more cost efficent, and the wide range of components allow them to be CHEAP. Where mac cost 1000+ in note books. The debate could go on.

How many offices do you know with 5floors of Mac systems. Windows/"IBM" machines are more cost effective and everyone can work on them. (Besides Design/Studios)

End Note, depending on your purpose and goal, can determine what will preform better for your needs. :P
I AM UNBIAS I USE THEM BOTH!

Do you actually work for dell or do you work for a service partner? I work for Qualxserv. I repair Dell computers and sometimes Hp or compaqs. But mostly dell. So if somebody's Dell computer f*cks up under warranty. I am the one that goes to there house to fix it.

#33 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Do you actually work for dell or do you work for a service partner? I work for Qualxserv. I repair Dell computers and sometimes Hp or compaqs. But mostly dell. So if somebody's Dell computer f*cks up under warranty. I am the one that goes to there house to fix it.

I am in sales :) I am the guy that sell the warranty to the idiots who break computers. I am trying to find a corporate job in Tampa or Austin.
But for PT work it does the sh*t., go to school fulltime.

#34 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

I am pretty happy with what I am doing now. I make about $1,000 a week. Not to shabby considering I only work about 4 hours a day and have weekends off.

#35 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

...and on the 8th day God created the Apple computer. He then realized his mistake and banished it to the underworld.
:weee:

First comp I ever had was a mac. It would constantly lock up and try to fuck with me to the max. This was back in the day when Mac was considered better for office duties.. Well it sure didn't do it for me, going over to PC felt so natural. Eventhough Windows 95 was no champion of stability either!
Now, 11 years later, whenever I see OSX I laugh out loud because it looks like it was designed for retards/small children. The earlier OS versions looked respectable at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users