• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

Holy f*cking christ, I rarely do listen to Amon Amarth, but this CD has got me hooked. It's really odd though, because a lot of the riffs and songs don't really sound like their older stuff. It's very melodic which is why I like it so much and I can get past his viking voice. An absolutely MUST have cd if you like Metal, screw that...you can't just like metal. YOU HAVE TO LOVE IT.

Valhall awaits me, mother f*ckers.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Yeah its a damn good CD.

#3 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

One of the best Death Metal albums ever :tup:

I've had a qoute from it in my sig now for a good while.

#4 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Are any of their other cd's similar to this one? Mostly in the song: Cry Of The Black Birds, because that's such an amazing song. If I found other songs like that on other cd's, I'd definitely would get them also.

#5 Left Hand Punk

Left Hand Punk

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

Are any of their other cd's similar to this one? Mostly in the song: Cry Of The Black Birds, because that's such an amazing song. If I found other songs like that on other cd's, I'd definitely would get them also.

"Across the rainbow bridge" is more melodic than usual and it's off of the Vs. The World album.

"Thousand Years Opression" might be another one you'd like.

I'm surprised you didn't call them Amon Amarath here :P

#6 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

I was messing with you by calling them that, you of all people know that I've never really listened to them other than "Pursuit of Vikings."

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:56 AM

All of their albums are awesome, but the more melodic ones would definately be Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds (1995) and The Avenger (1999)... I'm really a fan of their more epic heavy songs, like "Asator" and "The Sound of Eight Hooves" (on Crusher), but there are some of the more melodic ones that send shivers down your spine. Like "The Last With Pagan Blood", "Pursuit of Vikings" and "The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall"... Check it out man! :tup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users