• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaos

Kaos

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

Well since my parents are divorced, I go to my dad's on the weekends. My father just moved and well got high-speed working. He connected a router(I'll figure the model out later too late atm) to the i0 cable modem(High speed cable modem..Should be the Motorola one). Ever since I've been getting this mad lag of 200-400 pingage on servers. Any ideas?

Greatly appreciated,
Kaos

#2 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:45 AM

user error?

Anyways, maybe it's his ISP, cause there aren't many other reasons that cause just your lag to increase.

Just my .02

#3 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:56 AM

no I used to have io thats one of that fastest cables out there...I dunno if you can but try resetting the router...

also just a heads up iO does cap your upload if you torrent often...so you'ld have to call so they can unlock it...

#4 Kaos

Kaos

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

Could it also be that the Router is an insecure internet router and that other people in the neighborhood are using it. Would that cause me lag on the servers also?

~Kaos

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

Could it also be that the Router is an insecure internet router and that other people in the neighborhood are using it. Would that cause me lag on the servers also?
~Kaos

yes. it takes less than 5minutes to set ur router up with a wep key. theres been other posts about this but just type in 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.0 in your adress bar and usually the default name is admin and password is usally 1234 or admin. just go to wireless settings and fonfig it. if you have any problems with any of this just post it up.

#6 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Are you connected wirelessly? If so thats the problem.

#7 Kaos

Kaos

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Nah im not.. Sometimes the connection is good and others..its horrible. Thanks for the help guys... I'll try to change the pw to the router.

~Kaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users