Photo

iphone

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: iphone (31 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you think

1. Too Expensive (10 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

2. I'm gonna buy it (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Piece of sh*t (18 votes [58.06%])

Percentage of vote: 58.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

What do you guys think of it. It's getting so much hype and everything but im not really sure what to think. It kinda irks me that u can't play games on it and everything but I dont know...

Edited by Splunk, 19 January 2007 - 09:30 AM.

#2 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

I'm always wary of products that have too many different devices crammed into one. At this moment, to me, it's a POS. Who knows when it actually arrives though.

#3 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

Piece of sh*t. I mean, f*cking paying $400-$500 or so for a smart phone is a little expensive to begin with, but only giving 4 or 8 GB for storage space? WTF? If you're going to include the world's sh*ttiest operating system and iPod functionality, you need more than that.

#4 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Wheres the option for too expensive piece of sh*t? Id rather have a smart phone made by someone else that does the same sh*t for less money. Thats my feeling on most apple products such as ipods and whatnot, the pcs not so much but a little bit.

#5 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

yup, apple is going on the track of evil MS. custom software is not going to work on it. it has to be apple approved.

#6 Lesbian Dad

Lesbian Dad

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

is it true that the iPhone makes apples?

#7 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

f*ck apple, bunch of c*ck sucking !@#$%^&s if you ask me

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 23 January 2007 - 08:43 PM.

#8 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:31 AM

plus the fact that its on Cingular and only has EDGE and not full HSDPA makes me want it less...

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:35 AM

It doesn't matter if your a fanboy or not, the hardware is tight regardless if it is or isn't running on "mac os". One word can sum up why the iphone is a complete and utter piece of sh*t, Cingular :tdown: .

(I think I missed the post above mine)

Edited by Jack, 24 January 2007 - 03:59 AM.

#10 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

It doesn't matter if your a fanboy or not, the hardware is tight regardless if it is or isn't running on "mac os". One word can sum up why the iphone is a complete and utter piece of sh*t, Cingular :tdown: .

(I think I missed the post above mine)

That's not cool.
However, i did watch the hour and a half presentation (by Steve Jobs) and the features iPhone has are amazing. The price is ridiculous and, plus, the amount of storage space - if cannot be enlarged that would be a total waste of money... as an mp3 (at least from my point of view - i never understood that whole nano-bullsh*t-regime - i have around 50+ GBs of music on my comp and i like to keep the same on my mp3 and, in addition to that, you would want to upload music videos, movies, pictures and other apps - so even if you do have 8 GBs, how much out of all that nonsense do you think youd be able to upload on your iPhone?!).
I think iPhone just needs time to show what its made of - whether sh*t or gold. [These kind of debates arouse whenever any type of technological breakthrough - products come along (although there's not much of a breakthrough here, some of the features would be nice to have on phones)]
You guys are acting just like Shadow about Nvidia :20: It's a nice phone it may not be as nice for the price, but its not utter sh*t.
Give the product a chance. :tup:

The only reason there's so much fuss about all of this is because there are not a lot of phones similar to iPhone, unless you go to Japan and have a washer-dryer built into your watch and a tanning salon into your cigarette lighter... so sooner than later all phones will have same sort type of sh*t.

Edited by Aziz, 24 January 2007 - 07:37 AM.

#11 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

The only reason there's so much fuss about all of this is because there are not a lot of phones similar to iPhone, unless you go to Japan and have a washer-dryer built into your watch and a tanning salon into your cigarette lighter... so sooner than later all phones will have same sort type of sh*t.

lmao

I like gadgets, but trying to make something into everything is a waste of time. I have a LG chocolate phone that's only used as a phone, a nikon d50, toshiba 40gig mp3 player, and a computer. I'm not hardup enough for 24/7 access to everything via something that fits in your pocket to drop that kind of money anyway. I know people with sidekick addictions and watched one dumbass almost have a panic attack when he dropped his sk in a puddle. Hell, if I drop my phone at least my camera, mp3 player, and computer still work fine. On a side note the resilience of Nextel�s Motorola 305 is great. I dropped my work phone in the toilet while in the process of taking a piss and it still works great...minus the faint hint of urine :wtf:

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:13 AM

lets face it, this product is a failure because apple is being too selective and at the same time trying to drag on their dislike for 3g even though its beating the shit out of almost anything...

#13 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

I would buy it...but i rather get a wii...

SHOULD MADE THE POLL

PS3 OR
IPHONE..

Edited by Agent_Raccoon00, 25 January 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#14 Lesbian Dad

Lesbian Dad

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

this phone is too expensive and almost as much as a PS3. new phone or next gen system?

#15 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

this phone is too expensive and almost as much as a PS3. new phone or next gen system?

id go with the PS3... :perk:

#16 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:13 AM

It's too big for me, and I hate touchpad-qwerty keyboards. Other than those, it looks slick. Maybe I'll get a gen 2.

#17 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Like all apple products, the first 1 probably will be a piece of sh*t, the next generation ones will probably be better like medel said. Maybe they'll even have verizon or somthing... :wtf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users